The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CULTURE OF IRAN

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
Today I want to talk about the culture of a country that is 5,000 years old. A country with which less civilization is equal. The country where the first city in the world was built, which is called Jiroft, and this city is located in Kerman province. Now, if you agree, we want to hold a social event in Iran, to visit the Iranian civilization, so that the world knows Iran better. And if anyone has a trip to Iran, let us know. Thank you all

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Today I want to talk about the culture of a country that is 5,000 years old. A country with which less civilization is equal. The country where the first city in the world was built, which is called Jiroft, and this city is located in Kerman province. Now, if you agree, we want to hold a social event in Iran, to visit the Iranian civilization, so that the world knows Iran better. And if anyone has a trip to Iran, let us know. Thank you all
I'm guessing there are plenty of Iranians that would not welcome those of us from the United States.

I would be interested in hearing more about your culture though.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
What countries have you noticed your home country doing business with? Are there importers and exporters from UAE for example? How do the economic sanctions and restrictions change the local market? What about trade with Azerbaijan?

Are there any restrictions on the export of beluga caviar?

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
US propaganda projected Iranians as monsters , it could be their government evil , but them as people they are more civilized than many nations around them such as Pakistan and Afghanistan, etc.
Maybe show how civilized these people are and they are just humans want to live .

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
US propaganda projected Iranians as monsters , it could be their government evil , but them as people they are more civilized than many nations around them such as Pakistan and Afghanistan, etc.
Maybe show how civilized these people are and they are just humans want to live .
Hopefully this is not viewed as political, as it is not meant to be.

I assume that when most people dislike a country it is typically not because of the character of its people, but rather the leaders.

For instance, China and Russia are on a lot of peopl's sh*t list as of late. I strongly dislike the CCP and Putin, but that dislike does not extend to its citizens. I've spoken with many Chinese citizens recently. I have not a single bad word to say about them.

I feel this to be the same with the Iranian people. Are there bad people in Iran, China, and Russia? Sure. That also goes for the United States, Canada, UK, and other Western nations. Evil knows no boarders.

I won't be visiting Iran any time soon, but I would appreciate learning more about Iran as a culture.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
Anti-Iranian propaganda has spread all over the world and the media is not allowed to show the real Iran. I live in a country that is historically rich .As you know, the charter of Cyrus the Great, which we Iranians are proud of, is engraved on the Louvre Museum in Paris and above the United Nations. Now, how do you believe your country's propaganda against a country you do not know? Again, as an Iranian, I ask you to know more about Iran through YouTube.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
I'm guessing there are plenty of Iranians that would not welcome those of us from the United States.

No, it is not like that. It is enough to come to Iran only once and see Iran. Like all tourists who came to Iran and changed their minds.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran

I assume that when most people dislike a country it is typically not because of the character of its people, but rather the leaders.

For instance, China and Russia are on a lot of peopl's sh*t list as of late. I strongly dislike the CCP and Putin, but that dislike does not extend to its citizens. I've spoken with many Chinese citizens recently. I have not a single bad word to say about them.

I feel this to be the same with the Iranian people. Are there bad people in Iran, China, and Russia? Sure. That also goes for the United States, Canada, UK, and other Western nations. Evil knows no boarders.

I won't be visiting Iran any time soon, but I would appreciate learning more about Iran as a culture.

These pic is about iran

Attachments

• Shiraz-1500x630-1.jpg
    Shiraz-1500x630-1.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Tehran_18th-Feb.jpg
    Tehran_18th-Feb.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 2

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
What countries have you noticed your home country doing business with? Are there importers and exporters from UAE for example? How do the economic sanctions and restrictions change the local market? What about trade with Azerbaijan?

Are there any restrictions on the export of beluga caviar?

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran

My country is famous for its beauty, kindness, the most varied foods, the oldest civilization, the four seasons, the diverse sources of metals and petrochemicals. My country is the most expensive type of caviar in the world, the best carpet in the world. You wonder why the whole world wants to go to war with it because my country is a perfect country in every way.

Ubu_roi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
338%
Jul 24, 2018
Europe
I guess your point is telling us that Iran is a good country to visit and do business with, right?

If this is the case, would you mind sharing some basic information, so we can start from there, like:

- Tourism: as a foreigner (maybe coming from Europe, or US), what permits to you need to enter Iran? How do you book a hotel, or a tour, or any service really from abroad, when credit cards cannot be used? What should women wear while there? How many people speak English? How easy and safe is it to travel alone (without a guide)?

- Business: As a foreigner, can you own real estate and rent it? Can you operate a business? What about the tax system? How would one overcome sanctions legally? How do you legally bring money in to invest (and hopefully bring it out later)?

I think for many people, me included, it's not about "anti-Iranian propaganda", it's about choosing the best places to travel and do business with, and when things seem very difficult, they look somewhere else. On the other hand I'd be really glad if you could prove me wrong.

And on the fun side: when you say:

My country is famous for its beauty, kindness, the most varied foods, the oldest civilization, the four seasons

I could say the very same about Italy, where I live.

Well, except for kindness ;-)

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
You wonder why the whole world wants to go to war with it because my country is a perfect country in every way.

My initial questions were more business focused in nature than political. But this does seem to ignore some of the challenges of Iran, and also the instability. I don't think anyone in the West "wants" to go to war with Iran, in fact many of them probably can't point it out on a map where it actually is.

For example in terms of business challenges: one third of Iran's imports are through the black market. Oil is around 80% plus of exports, yet oil, shipping, anything related like insurance are heavily sanctioned. For many citizens, if you do business with Iran, your home country property can be confiscated.

Internally the two-tier political structure with the elected officials and "religious supreme leader" can't be great for attracting capital.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
You wonder why the whole world wants to go to war with it because my country is a perfect country in every way.
This is simply not true. Not all cultures are made equal. Many, not all, middle eastern countries have the unfortunate habit of curbing freedom to certain groups of people and the use of gruesome tactics including stonings people, which one research article notes at least 150 stonings over the course of 29 years. Iran has been known for its human rights violations. This is not to say other countries do not have their evils, but to say Iran is perfect is just insane.

A link to a list of human rights violations in Iran

I would assume not all Iranians agree with public stoning, restrictions on freedom, and human rights violations, but you cannot ignore or disregard these serious problems.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
I guess your point is telling us that Iran is a good country to visit and do business with, right?

If this is the case, would you mind sharing some basic information, so we can start from there, like:

- Tourism: as a foreigner (maybe coming from Europe, or US), what permits to you need to enter Iran? How do you book a hotel, or a tour, or any service really from abroad, when credit cards cannot be used? What should women wear while there? How many people speak English? How easy and safe is it to travel alone (without a guide)?

- Business: As a foreigner, can you own real estate and rent it? Can you operate a business? What about the tax system? How would one overcome sanctions legally? How do you legally bring money in to invest (and hopefully bring it out later)?

I think for many people, me included, it's not about "anti-Iranian propaganda", it's about choosing the best places to travel and do business with, and when things seem very difficult, they look somewhere else. On the other hand I'd be really glad if you could prove me wrong.

And on the fun side: when you say:

My country is famous for its beauty, kindness, the most varied foods, the oldest civilization, the four seasons

I could say the very same about Italy, where I live.

Well, except for kindness ;-)
You are talking about countries that only see themselves and are not willing to pay ransom to other countries for their own interests. You only see political propaganda, and you do not see things like the killing of blacks in the United States, the lack of a gun law, the US-European conflict in the Middle East, and you only refer to the hijab of women and the lack of a credit card. Do not be fooled by propaganda. Iran is a safe country. The eight years of brutal war against Iran, backed by the United States and European countries, were solely for their own benefit. And they never thought about the people when they killed Iran, Ukraine, and Japan with chemical bombs. I did not intend political issues, I just invited Iran to visit my country. Now tell me, who has a belligerent spirit? Us or you? I repeat that my country is a safe country. Because it has stood firm with its oppressive and racist sanctions. So, if a tourist cannot come to our country, it is only because of the oppressive sanctions.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
This is simply not true. Not all cultures are made equal. Many, not all, middle eastern countries have the unfortunate habit of curbing freedom to certain groups of people and the use of gruesome tactics including stonings people, which one research article notes at least 150 stonings over the course of 29 years. Iran has been known for its human rights violations. This is not to say other countries do not have their evils, but to say Iran is perfect is just insane.

A link to a list of human rights violations in Iran

I would assume not all Iranians agree with public stoning, restrictions on freedom, and human rights violations, but you cannot ignore or disregard these serious problems.
You are talking about countries that only see themselves and are not willing to pay ransom to other countries for their own interests. You only see political propaganda, and you do not see things like the killing of blacks in the United States, the lack of a gun law, the US-European conflict in the Middle East, and you only refer to the hijab of women and the lack of a credit card. Do not be fooled by propaganda. Iran is a safe country. The eight years of brutal war against Iran, backed by the United States and European countries, were solely for their own benefit. And they never thought about the people when they killed Iran, Ukraine, and Japan with chemical bombs. I did not intend political issues, I just invited Iran to visit my country. Now tell me, who has a belligerent spirit? Us or you? I repeat that my country is a safe country. Because it has stood firm with its oppressive and racist sanctions. So, if a tourist cannot come to our country, it is only because of the oppressive sanctions.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran

Dear Steve, All Iranians love Americans, and I am the first to greet you.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022

Nobody said America is perfect. You said Iran is perfect, people replied with saying how can Iran be perfect when it is far from free economically and otherwise.

Iran is a safe country? Sure. But if we just look up "Freedom index" Iran is the 6th least free country on earth. Only places like Syria and Venezuela are worse. If people value freedom, then wouldn't you agree this is far from being the perfect place to live?

During COVID in Iran there was an incident where people were getting infected from licking infected religious statues.

If this is the ultimate utopia I'm moving to Mars.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
Nobody said America is perfect. You said Iran is perfect, people replied with saying how can Iran be perfect when it is far from free economically and otherwise.

Iran is a safe country? Sure. But if we just look up "Freedom index" Iran is the 6th least free country on earth. Only places like Syria and Venezuela are worse. If people value freedom, then wouldn't you agree this is far from being the perfect place to live?

During COVID in Iran there was an incident where people were getting infected from licking infected religious statues.

I do not mean that Iran is perfect. I mean, the sanctions of the West and the United States have brought us to this day. Each country has the right to decide on its own issues. People in Iran have complete freedom. But not everywhere in the world, if you are hostile to the government, you will be repressed. This is true in all souls. And this is the movie that you showed. You should know that there are extremists all over the world. I do not accept it myself. But be aware that this image was taken in the early days of Corona, and religious sites were closed immediately afterwards. And no place has been open for about two years.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
I'm black myself and its somewhat hilarious that you are trying to compare being black in America to living in Iran.

Find any international source that ranks freedoms, or governments and just compare the two countries. America is classified as "free" with a score 83/100. Iran is classified as "not free" with a score 16/100. Just for more reference points, Costa Rica is 87/100, Kenya is 48/100.

Pretty much anywhere is more free than Iran except for North Korea. Even other developing countries are still twice as free or more if we use those metrics.

I do agree that Iran has a rich history, amazing food, and nice people. Amazing cultural contributions like the rugs you mentioned are truly a work of art. However it is not free at all. I'm just saying that objectively.

Sources:

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
I'm black myself and its somewhat hilarious that you are trying to compare being black in America to living in Iran.

Find any international source that ranks freedoms, or governments and just compare the two countries. America is classified as "free" with a score 83/100. Iran is classified as "not free" with a score 16/100. Just for more reference points, Costa Rica is 87/100, Kenya is 48/100.

Pretty much anywhere is more free than Iran except for North Korea. Even other developing countries are still twice as free or more if we use those metrics.

I do agree that Iran has a rich history, amazing food, and nice people. Amazing cultural contributions like the rugs you mentioned are truly a work of art. However it is not free at all. I'm just saying that objectively.

Sources:
You should see life in Iran, not in the media. Do not be fooled by ads.

Ubu_roi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
338%
Jul 24, 2018
Europe

Look, I was probably not clear enough, but you didn't get my point. You know nothing about what I think about anything. And by the way, I hate our own propaganda more than you can imagine, and I wasn in no way belligerent: I just asked questions.

But as YOU invited this community to visit your country, at least you could make the effort to explain how?

Let's start again with a simple question:

I want to visit Iran. I cannot use a credit card to book anything (hotels, tours, cars etc). I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm not saying sanctions are good, but it's a fact right?
So in practice, if I decide to get there, how do I book anything? Or do you expect me to get there with without any planning, no reservations and loads of cash?

Please just aswer that if you can, and try to steer away from politics, wars, and propaganda: I'm not in any position to change how things are (or were, as you went back to WWII), and neither are you I guess.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
You should see life in Iran, not in the media. Do not be fooled by ads.
If I went to Iran to travel wouldn't any women with me have to wear a hijab? Why should I come see how it is if the people visiting with me have to be forced to follow your religious rules. How does a free country force visiting women to comply with a religion they don't follow? What other 'free countries' do this?

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
Look, I was probably not clear enough, but you didn't get my point. You know nothing about what I think about anything. And by the way, I hate our own propaganda more than you can imagine, and I wasn in no way belligerent: I just asked questions.

But as YOU invited this community to visit your country, at least you could make the effort to explain how?

I want to visit Iran. I cannot use a credit card to book anything (hotels, tours, cars etc). I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm not saying sanctions are good, but it's a fact right?
So in practice, if I decide to get there, how do I book anything? Or do you expect me to get there with without any planning, no reservations and loads of cash?

Please just aswer that if you can, and try to steer away from politics, wars, and propaganda: I'm not in any position to change how things are (or were, as you went back to WWII), and neither are you I guess.
Ways t

The way to travel to my country is your arrival from countries like Turkey or Qatar. You come there, apply for a visa, and after entering Iran, they give you a room in any hotel you go to. And if you want to do business in my country, you can do it easily

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
If I went to Iran to travel wouldn't any women with me have to wear a hijab? Why should I come see how it is if the people visiting with me have to be forced to follow your religious rules. How does a free country force visiting women to comply with a religion they don't follow? What other 'free countries' do this?
My friend, women in my country now travel freely in Iran. However, I kindly invite you to my country.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
Isn't it the case, though, that visitors to any country are expected / required to follow the laws of that country, not the laws of their own? Many a traveller has fallen foul of going to a country which has much more strict laws on things like alcohol, nudity and religion, not obeying those laws and thinking they'll get away with it, or maybe that they'll be given a telling-off and put on the next plane home.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Isn't it the case, though, that visitors to any country are expected / required to follow the laws of that country, not the laws of their own? Many a traveller has fallen foul of going to a country which has much more strict laws on things like alcohol, nudity and religion, not obeying those laws and thinking they'll get away with it, or maybe that they'll be given a telling-off and put on the next plane home.
Yes of course you have to follow the local laws. I'm saying I wouldn't visit a country that forces religion on tourists. If you go to America, nobody cares what you do religiously. If you go to Iran, and women have to cover their head just to go outside, why would I visit a place like that? Let people wear what they want. If locals want to wear a hijab, that's 100% their choice.

There is no chance in hell any women I know would want to wear a hijab on vacation - and why should they? Its not their religion.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran

Exactly my friend. If I go to America one day, I should not follow the laws that are forbidden in America. So we humans, if we respect the laws as well. The world will be great. For example, if the countries do not interfere in the affairs, Debgar will not start any war between the countries.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
Yes of course you have to follow the local laws. I'm saying I wouldn't visit a country that forces religion on tourists. If you go to America, nobody cares what you do religiously. If you go to Iran, and women have to cover their head just to go outside, why would I visit a place like that? Let people wear what they want. If locals want to wear a hijab, that's 100% their choice.

There is no chance in hell any women I know would want to wear a hijab on vacation - and why should they? Its not their religion.

You love breaking the law in this spirit. How are you my friend. But in my country no religion is imposed. The only thing that is legal in the country is the issue of women's hijab. My friend, you should know that this is the law of my country. Now if you can not be a problem. No one has spread the red carpet for you. The choice is yours.

capt.izadpanah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 16, 2021
Tehran
You love breaking the law in this spirit. How are you my friend. But in my country no religion is imposed. The only thing that is legal in the country is the issue of women's hijab. My friend, you should know that this is the law of my country. Now if you can not be a problem. No one has spread the red carpet for you. The choice is yours.

I think you are a racist. Good luck. I friendly invited you, but you attacked me brutally. Let others judge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.