The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Opportunities Will Arise From Cancel Culture And Political Polarization?

Unfolded Maps

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 7, 2021
6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images

Half a dozen books are being pulled for 'racist' imagery. They have now ceased publication of those books and they aren't being sold online or in stores anymore. They just essentially wanted them to 'disappear' and be cancelled.
Wasn’t the decision to pull the books made by those who own the rights to those books? I’m totally against banning books. I’m also for ownership rights.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Wasn’t the decision to pull the books made by those who own the rights to those books? I’m totally against banning books. I’m also for ownership rights.
I would think that the owners of those books had a lot of pressure to stop publishing them. And that's the unfair part. I love those books and so did my kids when they were young. Without 2 - or more sides to an issue, personal choices stop existing.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY

I belive the estate of Dr. Seuss (his family) own the publishing rights. His family decided to pull the books. But if it wasn't for today's political climate, one would ask would they have?

Dirk Pitt

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Dec 10, 2011
How about products with funny sayings -- clothes, signs, flags, etc.
I've also thought about that. 1 company behind the scenes company with 2 seperate ecommerce sites. 1 leftist,1 right sided... selling meme based merch and updated constantly with new trends . Interesting thought experiment ...but doesn't really pass the CENTS test. A tad weak on E & N in my opinion. Ithink the biggest take-away here is to understand and account for just how much the media has polarized our culture.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@LexDeville,

Would a counter-brainwashing service to overcome the political correctness affliction experienced by a business' customer base be considered a viable business idea?

On second thoughts, expecting to achieve any rationality among those who see boogey men in every dark corner of society might be asking too much.

Walter

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
There's a huge need right now for dissident banks, credit card providers, Web service providers, etc. -- things to enable non-woke businesses to actually conduct business.

Let's say you wanted to sell those banned books. In this climate, finding (and keeping) a bank or credit processor is a huge challenge. If anyone could successfully solve that issue, they'd rake in loads of money...or be ruined when the eye of Mordor turns its fiery gaze on them.

And talk about a high barrier to entry, huh?

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
There's a huge need right now for dissident banks, credit card providers, Web service providers, etc. -- things to enable non-woke businesses to actually conduct business.

Let's say you wanted to sell those banned books. In this climate, finding (and keeping) a bank or credit processor is a huge challenge. If anyone could successfully solve that issue, they'd rake in loads of money...or be ruined when the eye of Mordor turns its fiery gaze on them.

And talk about a high barrier to entry, huh?
Funding would be extremely difficult. If you have a company like that, even opening up a bank account could be almost impossible.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Building and selling rafts (on the black market, of course) to flee to other countries when ours collapses due to poor business climate, suffocating taxation, and lack of opportunity.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I see things like alternative social media, movie productions, and TV shows. Here is a children's cartoon trying to counter this called Tuttle Twins.

I think any product or service that is "patriot-owned" are USA-made will also be in demand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.