The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What qualities will lead to a place becoming a culture / commerce / political / etc hub by 2025?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
With the coronavirus and the protests shaking up the country and causes many people to move, I am wondering what will draw people to new places, especially since many professions will allow people to work from anywhere.

Factors like taxes, cost, rent, safety, culture, nature, and so on will obviously play a big role. And I wonder if governments might try to incentivize people to come to their states as they leave others.

What factors do you expect will draw the best and brightest to certain areas by over the next 5 years?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NetBorn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 25, 2016
Not sure if helpful, but this morning I had similar thoughts - I work remote, I want to buy some real estate in the next months, but I worry prices will be going down in the big city - not worth as an investment ... So : stable value of real estate, internet connection, car service, good transport to the big city ...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I think relaxing properly run towns and cities by the coast (in any country) are going to be in high demand.

If you are leaving the big cities you are most likely looking to switch up the pace and live somewhere which feels a lot more healthy and positive.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Taxes maybe. With de-emphasis on transit infrastructure, people will wonder what they're paying for. Real estate prices in tight spaces will drop as companies realize they don't need to pay millions in rent or maintenance. Those areas will be slow to reduce taxes, since their revenues will be declining, and that will accelerate the exodus. Commercial RE prices plummet, maintenance doesnt get done, residential panics, and then the place looks like a forgotten street in Detroit. Or a scene from Mad Max. Yep. Low taxes and space for chickens ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If we were to move (which we’re not going to because we already have all this) then we’d be on the lookout for the following:
  • Good broadband.
  • Good schools.
  • Safe for kids to walk to school.
  • Nearby playgrounds, skate parks, hurling walls, etc.
  • Good local sports clubs and facilities (for us as well as the kids).
  • Low crime, drugs, boy racers, gobsh*tes.
  • Walking distance to local amenities, pubs, restaurants.
  • Nice countryside to walk/run though ... from our door.
  • Decent roads to go visit folks or get to an airport.
  • Short drive to forests and other parks.
  • Close to family and friends.
  • Decent bigger shops a short drive away on the edge of town.
  • A community feel.
  • English speaking.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I'd expect migration towards places with...
1. Low housing costs
2. Lower taxes (especially low/no state income tax considering how high federal already is)
3. Safety. Police that are funded. Not a lot of crime. This is so important!
4. Job opportunities

To me, the Texas triangle is the perfect place for all of these (though I'm biased). Arizona seems good too though I haven't been before. Much of the midwest could qualify.

Unfortunately, once people start moving in from places like LA, the landscape tends to change such that those 5 qualities inevitably erode away...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.