The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a digital marketing business | $2K Monthly Goal

Marketing, social media, advertising

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
352%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Hey Fastlane, a quick update for those that know me, ended up with a medical discharge right in the middle of special forces selection, back home now and in school and reinvigorated to get shit done

Had the idea for this from the GOLD threads since it would make college life a lot easier and I'd still get to learn from some experience doing this while also providing real value. Plus it feels like a realistic goal. Going to be a day by day listing start to finish how I intend to set this thing up.

Day 1: Took some udemy classes to make sure I could softproof that digital marketing is even needed (it is) set up a web domain via HostGator (11 a month is pretty good) and for the domain name I just googled good marketing brand names. Took another Udemy class to get some standard knowledge of how to run ads and do seo across the board. I took this course The Complete Digital Marketing Course - 12 Courses in 1 for a pretty thorough understanding of digital marketing fundamentals.

Got to go to work, any feedback is always appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Whoa. There’s a lot in that course for just $199. What do you think you’ll focus on?

More importantly... how will you get your first paid or unpaid work?

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Welcome back, albeit under less than ideal conditions. I remember your thread when you announced joining the military. Sucks you got discharged medically, but I assume you got that disability check coming in and the GI Bill to use.

Like @Andy Black asked, where is your focus going to be?

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
352%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Hey Andy and Charnell! Thanks for the welcome home and yeah brother honorable discharge GI Bill working for me. I’m looking at the primary ways to find soft proof for my focus.

I’m looking to provide my services for businesses that sell weightlifting products since I have a pretty deep knowledge on that market, just trying to figure out how I can find them and the best way to find and target their audiences, I’m still unsure how to conduct the BEST research for this but I’m using google analytics and tools to see how other businesses who specialize in this area grab their customers.

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
There's tonsss of digital marketing agencies out there... but at the same time there's tons of companies needing a good one. So just work on honing in on your craft and differentiating yourself in your niche. Learn some good salesmanship, and provide a solid service. I started one a while back but had to quit for another venture (which folded, sometimes wish I stuck with it!).

Good luck man

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
352%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Days 2/3: Acquired an client for $100 MO to do his google ad campaign, not a lot but it's a good start, grabbed some good books on marketing research! PS did you guys know Ebay is actually an AMAZING place for books, I got 2 textbooks retailed at 150 for .99 cents.

Still trying to get a website setup, kinda feeling like im just shooting in the dark still but I will get the hang of it.

Mass

It's about time
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2015
United Kingdom
I'm half way through the course you've listed, it's a good overviews but I think if you want to get into the nitty gritty you'll need to drill down on one or two elements of it. I know I will be doing.

Congrats on getting your first client, have you discussed what results your aiming for?

Good Luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.