The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crazy Plan - Fastlane Forum Project

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Hi guys, I don´t know if this is going to be in the right subsection, so I will move it to the right place if instructed.

First of all I cannot find the words to express my appreciation for this forum. It literally changed my life (after reading the books I found it). It made me understand that I have a chance to move out and get out of the comfy slow lane into the fast one. I have a couple of projects going, one looks promising in the field of online services regarding brands, but that is going to be the topic of a new thread whenever it really picks up. (So far 7k in revenue, around 4k in profit pre tax).

Here is my stupid idea, but I want to put it out to you guys. Thank you all for being part of the forum. I don't know you but I consider you friends.

What would happen if we undertake a project together with the forum members, using each member's particular skills where he or she excels?

For example, I can take care of IP, Trademarks and Contracts. Let's say Andy does the perfect Ads campaign, JonnyBoy the strategy and team control, CareCPA the taxes, WalterHay the importing/Exporting, Biophase the e-commerce, Kak his niche and so on. All are going to be weolcomed.

Of course I would not value my participation as much as the experts I have mentioned, so my portion would be smaller and we will allocate each other's value accordingly. We can share a piece with MJ and the forum, and we can give to charity o whatever we want to do with it.

It could be a fun project that takes little time of each other since we are all going to do things that we know how to do expertly and effectively. It could be a forum project, fun and enjoyable.

Since we would have good players in every little field, the chances of walking forward would be pretty solid.

I know, probably it is a stupid idea. Maybe comes out of my sense of being part of a team on this forum that is amazing. Maybe it could be fun. Maybe it is an idea that has been around and I am too dumb to find it.

If it is too silly, I apologize in advance!

Believe me, all of you are awesome and you don't know the impact you have in the life of other people.

Cheers!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi guys, I don´t know if this is going to be in the right subsection, so I will move it to the right place if instructed.

First of all I cannot find the words to express my appreciation for this forum. It literally changed my life (after reading the books I found it). It made me understand that I have a chance to move out and get out of the comfy slow lane into the fast one. I have a couple of projects going, one looks promising in the field of online services regarding brands, but that is going to be the topic of a new thread whenever it really picks up. (So far 7k in revenue, around 4k in profit pre tax).

Here is my stupid idea, but I want to put it out to you guys. Thank you all for being part of the forum. I don't know you but I consider you friends.

What would happen if we undertake a project together with the forum members, using each member's particular skills where he or she excels?

For example, I can take care of IP, Trademarks and Contracts. Let's say Andy does the perfect Ads campaign, JonnyBoy the strategy and team control, CareCPA the taxes, WalterHay the importing/Exporting, Biophase the e-commerce, Kak his niche and so on. All are going to be weolcomed.

Of course I would not value my participation as much as the experts I have mentioned, so my portion would be smaller and we will allocate each other's value accordingly. We can share a piece with MJ and the forum, and we can give to charity o whatever we want to do with it.

It could be a fun project that takes little time of each other since we are all going to do things that we know how to do expertly and effectively. It could be a forum project, fun and enjoyable.

Since we would have good players in every little field, the chances of walking forward would be pretty solid.

I know, probably it is a stupid idea. Maybe comes out of my sense of being part of a team on this forum that is amazing. Maybe it could be fun. Maybe it is an idea that has been around and I am too dumb to find it.

If it is too silly, I apologize in advance!

Believe me, all of you are awesome and you don't know the impact you have in the life of other people.

Cheers!!!!
I suspect it would be like herding cats! Maybe figure out who you can help such that you get paid, and then work backwards to the how and who?

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
First off, it's awesome that you have found a community that you cherish so much.

Secondly, no idea is too stupid. It's important to dare to ask different questions and think outside the box.

If this is something you want to create, how could you convince these people that already have successful businesses and limited time to join you? What value could you add to them?

Do you have a specific business idea in mind or did you just want to throw this out there?

Congrats on moving out of the slowlane!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I think it is a great idea but impractical. @Andy Black puts it well when he says it would be like herding cats.

The people you mention certainly have valuable skills but they are all independent thinkers.

Yesterday in another post I said about myself that the song "My Way" described my approach to life. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't help.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AdrianB

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 24, 2018
Romania
That's a great idea and will tell you why. I am part of the biggest business network community with members from all over the world. We have chapters where members are divided in power teams. What is a power team? We have IT, HR, construction and so on distributed in power teams. For example, IT power team is compound by the members offering IT services like: servers installation, maintenance, developers, etc., a power team can offer a full suite of services for a specific client. The power team objective is to split the clients between them, so let's so say my services are related to servers installation, configuration, maintenance, I can refer a member from power team who sell IT equipment to make a quotation for these servers and if the client needs a development team for creating applications on these servers, I can refer the member who owns a software company. It's a win-win situation and we can work together to grow businesses together. More than that, these power teams are global, so there are power teams with members from different countries. At least in this current global context and for some activities field, there is no need for physical presence and the work can be done fully remote.
Also, it's very important to have the contacts and know who you can refer or help you with services you cannot do and you need to do. Hope you all understand what I want to say.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland

No such thing a stupid idea... except maybe for my willy straightner boxer shorts :blush:

Few thoughts:

• I'd suggest fleshing out your proposal a little more.
  • I'd suggest using INSIDERS as by their nature they are likely to be more serious.
  • Project Management would be time consuming.
It would be Awesome to see a project like this being chronicled from start to finish maybe with a trello project management board that the forum can see being implemented one step at a time. Here's mine.

Trello Board.JPG

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.