The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Could YOU build a business with only one product??

Marketing, social media, advertising
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hey all,

I have a product that I've had for sale for the past year. The first 2 months I sold about a dozen of these for total sales of around $700. Not bad, but I have about $6,000 worth of inventory.

Ever since then, I have not made a single sale. My primary sales channels were Amazon and offline. Amazon competitors popped up rapidly and made better versions of my product... It was insane how fast this occured. Having already sunk $6k into my inventory, I was in no position to have more of these manufactured and tweaked to keep up with the new competition.

I have sold offline, and the reception has been decent, but it's not as scalable as online.

That being said, I have my own website to sell this product on too but it is designed quite horribly and gets zero traffic. I created the website myself with HTML/CSS and it has a link to the Amazon order page.

Would you recommend paying for a service like Shopify instead, considering how little sales and revenue I've had? If so, I'm thinking of ways to generate traffic, but all of them are paid and wouldn't make much sense with how small my sales h ave been.

Another option I'm considering is setting up a "vendor booth" at a local market. There, I could tell customers about the website too so they can refer others to go there if they recommend my product after the market day is over.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’d try to find a store to pick up the product. The problem is developing the brand, the marketing, it marinates over time. THAT is the hard work. A retailer already has customers.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I’d try to find a store to pick up the product. The problem is developing the brand, the marketing, it marinates over time. THAT is the hard work. A retailer already has customers.
That is the best idea.

I’ve talked with a few stores (and one national distributor) but I’ve definitely been in the desert of desertion for a long, long time.

tajolad009

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria Osogbo
That is the best idea.

I’ve talked with a few stores (and one national distributor) but I’ve definitely been in the desert of desertion for a long, long time.
I think that will surely help if they can accept your offer. The product can truly get to the masses with this channel

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.