TLDR: a mediocre student with a comfortable life, already freelancing, want to expand into a business but is lazy and scared. Feel stressed about it. Need advices.
Thanks MJ for this forum!
Hi everyone.
I was born in a middle-class family. I’m in final year at the university. Life is comfortable. I’m living with my parents. If I'm lack of money, my parents help. My parents also cook for me. I don’t have to do chores, either. And I don't socialize much.
I’m doing freelancing in app development and have some clients. It can grow into a business more if I hire others. But I’m lazy and feel anxious.
I have read TFM and Unscripted . I know starting a business can be very rewarding. But again, I don’t have the motivation to work on my business. Even the foundation is there. Even I saw the huge opportunities for new businesses. But NO. Some parts of me want to be an entrepreneur and bring value to millions. Some don’t. The current situation is already good, why bothers (they think).
I WANT TO BREAK.
What should I do to have motivation? Should I move out? I think living with my parents is a reason, because it’s too comfortable, and comfort kills motivation.
Should I join a local entrepreneur community?
Should I do a dopamine fasting?
Thank you for reading all of this.
Thanks MJ for this forum!
Hi everyone.
I was born in a middle-class family. I’m in final year at the university. Life is comfortable. I’m living with my parents. If I'm lack of money, my parents help. My parents also cook for me. I don’t have to do chores, either. And I don't socialize much.
I’m doing freelancing in app development and have some clients. It can grow into a business more if I hire others. But I’m lazy and feel anxious.
I have read TFM and Unscripted . I know starting a business can be very rewarding. But again, I don’t have the motivation to work on my business. Even the foundation is there. Even I saw the huge opportunities for new businesses. But NO. Some parts of me want to be an entrepreneur and bring value to millions. Some don’t. The current situation is already good, why bothers (they think).
I WANT TO BREAK.
What should I do to have motivation? Should I move out? I think living with my parents is a reason, because it’s too comfortable, and comfort kills motivation.
Should I join a local entrepreneur community?
Should I do a dopamine fasting?
Thank you for reading all of this.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
