The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cooking course for this forum..maybe?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I have been a Chef for over 10 years and I am currently producing a number of cooking courses and classes at the moment that I teach online.

Thought I would ask everyone here if there is anything you want to learn with cooking that you can't find online or something that could be explained or taught in a better way?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Perhaps this already exists so here is a thought for you.

I am not really a cook at all. I heat things up in the oven or grill things; A). Fish, Lamb, Ribeye, Chicken. Whilst that is going on I am boiling B) pasta, rice or vegetables.

Literally 1 from list A and 1 from list A.

I don't even bother with salt or pepper.

Bit of a functional eater.

However I have started thinking of cooking some proper food ie a Casserole, you know something just a bit less boring.

So whenever I am in the supermarket I flip through the cookbooks every now and again and immediately put them back on the shelf as their idea of simple is not what I would call simple.

Even now reading your post I just typed simple cooking into Youtube (honestly nothing else but those two words) and you'll never guess in a million years what has popped up top.

The Best African Peanut Soup Recipe!! Evidence below.

I am in England. How on earth can that be top?

I know we left the EU last night but...

So it would be nice if there was a book/channel with simple food stuffs that non cooky type people like me would buy.

That would be meat, vegetables and fruit ingredients that grows here and basic herbs/spices I should have in my cupboard.

Reason for this is I know 100% I can get them in the supermarket so not much thinking required.

Only after this would I want other foodstuffs that may very well be available but I have to think about.

eg In UK pumpkin is not sold all year round so I do not want to see a recipe with pumpkin in it however easy it may be to cook. It might not be in the supermarket if I write the list of ingredients down.

Don't know if that makes sense or not but to get to the point, simple cookbooks do have simple recipes yet the ingredients are not in the homes of people who require simple cookbooks.

I think there is probably a market for that.

Additioanlly I watched Gordon Ramsay going to layabout cooks like me to show how they can make a simple whatever faster than a takeaway or usual thing.

Same problem. Yes everyone agrees it is simple and tasty but all viewers know they will not do it once he has left due to the ingredients he uses. Non cooky people like me do not go shopping and think I must get some Cumin powder

Dan

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Perhaps this already exists so here is a thought for you.

I am not really a cook at all. I heat things up in the oven or grill things; A). Fish, Lamb, Ribeye, Chicken. Whilst that is going on I am boiling B) pasta, rice or vegetables.

Literally 1 from list A and 1 from list A.

I don't even bother with salt or pepper.

Bit of a functional eater.

Interesting, if you could do the same process of putting stuff in the oven with no cooking in pans and have a simple recipe to follow that only relies on cooking in an oven but had some good flavour would that be something you would want.

So whenever I am in the supermarket I flip through the cookbooks every now and again and immediately put them back on the shelf as their idea of simple is not what I would call simple.

Even now reading your post I just typed simple cooking into Youtube (honestly nothing else but those two words) and you'll never guess in a million years what has popped up top.

The Best African Peanut Soup Recipe!! Evidence below.

I am in England. How on earth can that be top?

Might just think you are still it the EU.

Additioanlly I watched Gordon Ramsay going to layabout cooks like me to show how they can make a simple whatever faster than a takeaway or usual thing.

Same problem. Yes everyone agrees it is simple and tasty but all viewers know they will not do it once he has left due to the ingredients he uses. Non cooky people like me do not go shopping and think I must get some Cumin powder

Dan

Ive always thought the same thing, you can make simple and easy dishes but with the problem you described above, there is many ways to use the same ingredients in your shopping cart and create a different dish every night.

The way they describe them you would need so many different items just to make 1 easy dish every night. and every night using different ingredients increasing your shopping bill.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Cooking course for entrepreneurs.

How to spend the least amount of time cooking, and get the most nutritious meal you can possibly make on a budget.

Entrepreneurs are generally busy people so it is definitely useful to know these things, it's something i have thought about.

To spend the least amount of time in the kitchen depends on alot of factors and there is alot of variables.

Your skills, knife skill speed.

Can you make everything ready at the same time, do you know what takes the longest to cook out of the ingredients you've got, and know to get that on first to reduce the time you are in there?

Do you define spending the least amount of time as in total cook time or like @Stargazer said above.

He just puts stuff in the oven.

For me personally if i just put stuff in the oven and it takes 4 hours to cook, i would view that as little time as my input after putting it in the oven is minimal.

Do you have a slow cooker?

Are you vegan, do you have a specific diet you follow religiously?

Alotof variables and depending on the person and there problems, the product presented would be different for alot of people.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I agree with the sentiments above. How to create some dishes with maximum nourishment for the minimum amount of time.

I've thought to start a thread with "entrepreneur friendly" recipes, but wasn't sure if that would be appropriate for the forum.

Currently my method is to Google "xyz ingredient instapot", and scroll though recipes, which works ok. But I wouldn't mind learning some more about how to create my own recipes (depending on the time investment the learning the skill).

Maybe something on cooking hacks? Tips to make me more efficient in the kitchen? Just some thoughts...

Some part of the effort is in the cleaning as well, so I'm a fan of one or two pot recipes. When not "instapot-ing" my ways are similar to @Stargazer .

Expect I season my stuff. You don't cumin, bro? I use it in burgers and soups. I always have cumin on hand. And cayenne, cinnamon, garlic, onions, nutritional yeast, and tumeric. The health benefits alone...

TheWriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 24, 2020
A cool place
I have been a Chef for over 10 years and I am currently producing a number of cooking courses and classes at the moment that I teach online.

Thought I would ask everyone here if there is anything you want to learn with cooking that you can't find online or something that could be explained or taught in a better way?

Neapolitan pizzas!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

How to spend the least amount of time cooking, and get the most nutritious meal you can possibly make on a budget.
THIS.

How to do sauces- besides just spiking food with soya sauce or chicken stock.

I think we hated our veges as kids, because not every parent knew how to make good taste and flavor a lot better with sauces.

Also, would be good to learn how to do the batter for fried chicken chops or steaks right.

I never order fried meats in restaurants as they
nearly always screw up...the batter is too much and tastes like plastic,

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It’s not just entrepreneurs who are busy. Parents. People working. Etc.

Other angles could be people with specific dietary requirements? Not just for things they can/can’t eat.

For instance, I started intermittent fasting a few weeks ago. It’s easy enough to just eat between 12 noon and 6pm, but I don’t know what would give me the best nutritional value.

How many people are searching for information about intermittent fasting that would also be interested in a meal plan to fit their schedule?

Ditto all the other “plans” out there? Keto? Whole 30? Paleo? Vegan? For diabetics?

Also, how can I get more veg into our kids diets? We only have a limited set of meals we cook for them. Even I’m bored looking at them.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
What I would like is something that is easy, doesn't have a lot of ingredients and I should be able to freeze it (meal prep).
What I often find on youtube is a recipe video, without a proper text description of the ingredients/steps. I hate this, I just want to at least glance at the ingredients, before watching this video.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
It’s not just entrepreneurs who are busy. Parents. People working. Etc.

Of course! Not having kids myself it is easy to forget how hectic that can be, my sister has 3 and they keep her very busy and very time poor.

Other angles could be people with specific dietary requirements? Not just for things they can/can’t eat.

For instance, I started intermittent fasting a few weeks ago. It’s easy enough to just eat between 12 noon and 6pm, but I don’t know what would give me the best nutritional value.

How many people are searching for information about intermittent fasting that would also be interested in a meal plan to fit their schedule?

Ditto all the other “plans” out there? Keto? Whole 30? Paleo? Vegan? For diabetics?

I would think a double teamed effort with a nutritionist might be required for the answer to this question, although i have looked after myself for years in the way of eating and have a good grasp on what is good and bad.

Potentially a team up with a nutritionist on what would suit each dietary requirement, once the nutritionist has given there expertise and collaborated with me on there findings i can use my expertise to make it all taste a lot better etc.

Also, how can I get more veg into our kids diets? We only have a limited set of meals we cook for them. Even I’m bored looking at them.

What meals are you currently cooking them?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
What I would like is something that is easy, doesn't have a lot of ingredients and I should be able to freeze it (meal prep).

What do you like cooking at the moment that you consider easy for yourself?

What I often find on youtube is a recipe video, without a proper text description of the ingredients/steps. I hate this, I just want to at least glance at the ingredients, before watching this video.

with the text description does it not describe how it looks whole and uncooked, how it tastes etc ?
So with a physical demonstration, you would also like a detailed recipe?

You want the ingredients uncut in the video and an explanation of exactly what it is and to find out more about those individual ingredients?

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018

@Timmy C If you make this ^^^ based on some Mediterranean diet, I'm sold.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What do you like cooking at the moment that you consider easy for yourself?

with the text description does it not describe how it looks whole and uncooked, how it tastes etc ?
So with a physical demonstration, you would also like a detailed recipe?

You want the ingredients uncut in the video and an explanation of exactly what it is and to find out more about those individual ingredients?
“Click here to get the list of ingredients and instructions.”

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Stargazer said : "I don't even bother with salt or pepper. "

BUT : imho "..bothering with salt and pepper.." and 3 other spizes IS "cooking"

Actually I think its easy:
Look at the time of how long a plant oyour choice must simmer at least.
Look at the time a meat of your must roast at least.
The maximum of that is your cooking time.
Preparation will take some time, too

For example :
potatoes :12 minutes cooking in the vapor pressure pot
Take a Steak : maybe 2x3or4 minutes for medium.
Preparationtime : 5 minutes. So in 12 + 5 minutes you have a delicious meal on your desk.
But the most important is the "salt end pepper" ; that`s can cook or can`T cook.

Try it!

In our example:

Put some water in the vapor pressure pot and put on oven with max heat.
Peel the potatoes and put in the vapor pressure pot , plus some salt and close it. (at the end of peeling the water should steam already)
While waiting to beginn steaming up you now can do some other work.
When it steams up, you have 12 minutes time to make the meat.
Put the pan on oven, max heat. Put salt and pepper on the meat, than, when the pan is hot, throw your meat in and wait some minutes, than turn it over and wait some minutes.
Now cool down the pot, open and take the potatoes on your plate.
Put the meat on your plate and eat. Maybe with a sauce you like.

Thats all for a meal.

Now a good cook will play around with variations, but the most important is the spize thing, which is experience. Nearly every meal to be seen on earth will only be a variation of that.

And making an online course about that will be showing these easy ways and realy its worth to be done I think.

enjoy the meal

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.