The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cold emailing for service businesses

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
@CareCPA @Bekit @Nicoknowsbest ... I think you'll like this podcast.
Thanks for the recommendation, @Andy Black ! I pulled it up the other day and they had me at "Imagine you're a freleance logo designer. How would you use cold email to land all the A-list clients that you could handle?" But I couldn't listen to the whole thing that day.

Just now got to finish it and OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS VALUABLE.

So thank you for thinking of me and tagging me to check it out. 100% worth it. Lots of great stuff to use.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the recommendation, @Andy Black ! I pulled it up the other day and they had me at "Imagine you're a freleance logo designer. How would you use cold email to land all the A-list clients that you could handle?" But I couldn't listen to the whole thing that day.

Just now got to finish it and OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS VALUABLE.

So thank you for thinking of me and tagging me to check it out. 100% worth it. Lots of great stuff to use.
What were your biggest takeaways?

What will you do different going forward?

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Very good episode. Here are my takeaways:

1) Speaking the language of your potential clients. Budget, size of the company, and the market will determine how you should speak to a potential client.

Maybe they're a smaller company, so stability and ROI might be most important. You wouldn't want to try and sell them a fast, slash & burn style marketing strategy.

Clever to look at job postings of the companies to see how they speak and what phrases you can use in your emails.​

2) The "smart scarcity" bit. Make them feel like it's a once in a lifetime opportunity without sounding desperate or scammy.

"I've got room for one more client this month and would love to chat...or should I go ahead and just close out this month and keep you posted?"

"I noticed you've got an opening for a marketer, is bringing on an experienced freelancer worth a chat?"
3) Persistence pays off. They might not want your services this month or the next, but 6 months from now you'll probably be at the top of mind.

4) Don't ask to be hired, ask if they know anyone else who may need your services. This lowers everyone's guard while keeping the conversation going. Pulling vs Pushing.

Will be putting this into practice tomorrow!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.