The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cold Emailing experts- how can I send 500-750 cold emails per day, starting right now?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
I've been trying to kickstart my current business after a long hiatus from the business world (due to work pressures from my day job).
However, I've been literally at my wit's end, .....almost banging my head against the wall, trying to solve a critical issue that may determine the success or otherwise of this venture.

The issue??

I need to send about 500-750 targeted, personalized cold emails per day in order to achieve my business targets.
I need to be able to operate at this scale at the very minimum because I've realized from my research that cold emails (and cold calling) is to a large extent, a volume dependent business. You need to send enough personalized, well targeted emails to the right persons to see the results you want.
And from my calculations, the number of cold emails I should send in a day is in the range of 500-750 emails per day, starting right away.

I've researched extensively on how I can achieve this and made some headway.
I've sorted out the system for getting the targeted leads and contacts, so that's not a problem.

The problem lies in how to actually send the emails.
I'll very much prefer to use some form of automation that simulates human sending patterns (to avoid triggering spam filters), as I feel it is a gross waste/underutilization of my time and mental power to be sending 750 emails manually everyday in this day and age, when there are tools that can help with that.

After my research, I had settled on using Woodpecker, but I found out I will need to create another domain separate from my main website domain, and create new emails on this new domain. More importantly, I would need to wait 3 FULL MONTHS to warm up the new domain before I can start using it for my cold emailing campaigns.
I definitely do not have the luxury of time to sit and wait 3 months before I can start cold emailing. I emailed them to find if there's a way around it, but they basically said no.

However, The Woodpecker staff also referred me to go try Mailgun, to use it as an external SMTP for sending emails on my new domain, while waiting out the 3 months for the domain to warm up.
But when I visited Mailgun, their Live Chat support staff said categorically that they don't allow cold emails on their platform.
(Though I've emailed their Sales staff on their contact page for a 2nd opinion, still awaiting their feedback).

So I decided to bring the issue to the forum of experienced and seasoned businessmen, to see if anyone could help out from his/her wealth of experience, or has had similar issues before.

So my question is:
How can I send 500-750 targeted, personalized cold emails per day, starting right away (if possible today), rather than having to wait 3 months to warm up a domain.
What options do I have? I don't mind paying somewhat more than usual to get that (within reasonable limits), as long as it can be achieved right away.

I toyed with the guerrilla idea of setting up like 5-10 free gmail accounts, (can't use Gsuite yet because it requires my own domain, which is still new and not yet warmed up), and then starting with sending like 20 emails per day on each email address, to gradually increase by an additional 25 emails/day every week.
However that will be the very last ditch option IMO, cos its clumsy, not automated, and will not give me the volume I want....but half bread's better than none in this scenario.

I'm open to any and every suggestion from the house.
Any one that has a good idea is welcome to suggest it. When I put "experts" in the title, its in the context of anyone who has reasonable experience or expertise on the subject matter, not in the context of "gurus". So anyone can chip in their bit.
And pls if you know anyone who has core expertise/strength in cold emailing, kindly tag him here.
I know @458 has core expertise in cold calling, don't know if it extends to cold emailing too. So pls kindly tag anyone you feel can help.
Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
You need to be really careful about navigating around the anti-spam laws.

You can send about 500 emails a day on a warmed up free Gmail account. I would recommend using YAMM and personalizing each email as much as possible.

If you don't mind a paid solution, something like quickmail.io should do the trick as it is specifically made for this type of work.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
You need to be really careful about navigating around the anti-spam laws.

You can send about 500 emails a day on a warmed up free Gmail account. I would recommend using YAMM and personalizing each email as much as possible.

If you don't mind a paid solution, something like quickmail.io should do the trick as it is specifically made for this type of work.
Thanks.
For free Gmail, on paper you can send up to 500 mails per day. However from my research, I learnt that once you start getting to around 200 emails per day using free Gmail (that's less than half of the daily limit), your mails tend to start landing in the spam folder rather than the primary inbox. That's without any difference in the content of email, just based on the volume of emails you send.
And the impression I got was that this was even with a well warmed email address, because with a new/"not warmed" email address, you would land in spam much faster, if you exceed 25 emails per day starting up, or increase your daily emails by more than a rate of 25 emails/day every week.
And like most things Google, the company never confirms or refutes this. Its just based on people reporting their experiences. And I saw this on a number of websites (at least like 3 or so).
Don't know whether they are right though.

For Quickmail.io, I came across it briefly while researching, and it seems to do exactly the same thing as Woodpecker. I saw quite a number of sites that are basically identical to Woodpecker in function, (including Quickmail), and I chose Woodpecker because it seemed to have the best documentation by far, and the best features.
So when I learnt from them that I would have to warm up my new domain for 3 months before using it, I didn't bother emailing the rest of the identical companies, because I assumed they all operate on the same premise and with essentially the same technology. So that they were also going to require a well warmed domain to function. And that the fact that the other sites did not put the 3 months warm up thingy on their site could just be put to the fact that Woodpecker had better and more detailed documentation than the rest.
That was my reasoning.

So I was looking to see if maybe I could find some other service that operated with a different structure from Woodpecker and its analogues, and so may not require a warmed up domain based on their having a different technology structure. Eg like Mailgun that doesn't doesn't require warming up your domain when you are using their shared IP address package, only require it when you use their dedicated IP address package. But Mailgun appears to be designed primarily for mailing to email lists by list owners, rather than cold emailing. I might still be able to use it for my purposes though, depending on what I see from their 2nd opinion support staff response.

But now that you mention it, I realize I'm just making assumptions about Quickmail and other Woodpecker analogues. I'll actually email Quickmail.io to ask categorically if I need a warmed up domain to be able to send the amount of emails I want to send starting right away, and be able to land in primary inbox not Promotions tab or Social tab or spam folder....... and hear what they say. (And maybe email a few other analogues as well).

Thanks a lot for your input....inputchip :)

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Email should really be reserved for automating processes through triggers in Salesforce or Zoho. Email is a dying bird outside of customer/client automated reach out.

It's not worth being sued or fined for a 0.00001% conversion rate. Those numbers only work in Nigeria.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Email should really be reserved for automating processes through triggers in Salesforce or Zoho. Email is a dying bird outside of customer/client automated reach out.

It's not worth being sued or fined for a 0.00001% conversion rate. Those numbers only work in Nigeria.
If I read you right, you're saying email should basically be reserved for things like alerts, notifications and co.
In other words, that cold emailing is dead/dying.

However, there are some kinds of businesses that are particularly well suited to cold emailing (just like your own current business is particularly suited to cold calling), and the one I'm currently involved in is one of such.
Cold emailing is still working relatively well in my niche....I'm just looking for a solution that can scale reasonably well.

Besides, you're not likely to be sued in cold emailing if you adhere to the CANSPAM guidelines.
And those conversion rates you quoted....they're more likely to be figures for people involved in spamming, not cold emailing. There's a difference. The conversion rate in my niche is at least 1000 times what you quoted, with good returns.

Thanks for your comments though.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Mailgun will increase your Gmail limit, but as far as I know, you still have to warm it up
When I contacted Mailgun, their support said you don't have to warm up the domain before starting your campaign, (especially if you're on a shared IP like most people starting with them are). But if you're using a dedicated IP, (that's a higher level package), then you have to do some warming up.
Thanks.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Thanks.
For free Gmail, on paper you can send up to 500 mails per day. However from my research, I learnt that once you start getting to around 200 emails per day using free Gmail (that's less than half of the daily limit), your mails tend to start landing in the spam folder rather than the primary inbox. That's without any difference in the content of email, just based on the volume of emails you send.
And the impression I got was that this was even with a well warmed email address, because with a new/"not warmed" email address, you would land in spam much faster, if you exceed 25 emails per day starting up, or increase your daily emails by more than a rate of 25 emails/day every week.
And like most things Google, the company never confirms or refutes this. Its just based on people reporting their experiences. And I saw this on a number of websites (at least like 3 or so).
Don't know whether they are right though.

For Quickmail.io, I came across it briefly while researching, and it seems to do exactly the same thing as Woodpecker. I saw quite a number of sites that are basically identical to Woodpecker in function, (including Quickmail), and I chose Woodpecker because it seemed to have the best documentation by far, and the best features.
So when I learnt from them that I would have to warm up my new domain for 3 months before using it, I didn't bother emailing the rest of the identical companies, because I assumed they all operate on the same premise and with essentially the same technology. So that they were also going to require a well warmed domain to function. And that the fact that the other sites did not put the 3 months warm up thingy on their site could just be put to the fact that Woodpecker had better and more detailed documentation than the rest.
That was my reasoning.

So I was looking to see if maybe I could find some other service that operated with a different structure from Woodpecker and its analogues, and so may not require a warmed up domain based on their having a different technology structure. Eg like Mailgun that doesn't doesn't require warming up your domain when you are using their shared IP address package, only require it when you use their dedicated IP address package. But Mailgun appears to be designed primarily for mailing to email lists by list owners, rather than cold emailing. I might still be able to use it for my purposes though, depending on what I see from their 2nd opinion support staff response.

But now that you mention it, I realize I'm just making assumptions about Quickmail and other Woodpecker analogues. I'll actually email Quickmail.io to ask categorically if I need a warmed up domain to be able to send the amount of emails I want to send starting right away, and be able to land in primary inbox not Promotions tab or Social tab or spam folder....... and hear what they say. (And maybe email a few other analogues as well).

Thanks a lot for your input....inputchip :)

Free Gmail has limits around emails sent within 24 hours, emails sent at the same time each day (a common automated fingerprint) multiple copies of the same email,email sent from a dynamic IP.

Might want to ask your ISP about a business package as they often have fixed IP address.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
You might spend 3 months trying to work around the issues you brought up when you could just do it right and start your domain and begin warming up emails.

In the meantime split up your time between sending a more modest amount of emails that keeps you under the radar and using other strategies to get clients.

Of cold emails work, then cold calls would work too and there's no spam folder for phone calls.

You can spent 1/3 of your time sending cold emails while warming up the accounts. 1/3 straight up cold calling. And 1/3 engaging w people on places like LinkedIn.

No strategy is going to get you all the results you want quickly and without pain and effort, but doing what you can now will ensure than in 3 months from now you aren't starting from scratch and looking for shortcuts.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
There's a mastermind called 10X Factory. In there, they have people that are really good at cold emailing. You might find some good help in that community as well.

Just as a side note, I'm not affiliated with 10X Factory in any way, just thought it could be a good resource for @Genius01.

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
There's no starting right now with 900 cold emails. Don't be a lazy idiot. Do your homework. Do cold calling instead if you're in a hurry.

Having said that. Cold email works. Depending on the industry. A founder of a Saas checks his email every minute. A dentist never does.

You don't need to wait 3 months as Woodpecker says. While warming up the email account for 3 months is the best, you can achieve your goals in less time than that.

Forget about Gmail, get GSuite. If your domain is genius.com, set up Gsuite on it and use whatever@genius.com as your main email for incoming mail for day to day.

Then, buy 10 domains like genius.net, genius.io, genius.org, getgenius.com, getgenius.net, getgenius.io, you get the idea. Set up GSuite Basic on all of them for your cold email outreach strategy.

Set up Lemlist on all of them. Lemlist has a free trial and use it to warm up your email. They have a new feature called Lemwarm which automatically warms up your email by sending and receiving emails from other Lemlist users, automatically. Also, subscribe to 20-30 newsletters so there's a decent amount of emails coming in every day.

Make a professional signature in Gsuite settings with your name, title, address, phone and company website. Set up a photo profile in Gsuite settings also.

Don't touch anything for one week.

Get a mail merge like Yesware, Mailshake or whichever you like. Lemlist is also decent but I prefer something that works within GSuite.

Now, begin your cold email outreach from those 10 emails account.

Day 1: 1 email from each account > 10 total emails.
Day 2: 2 emails from each account > 20 total emails.
Day 3: 3 emails from each account > 30 total emails.
Day 10: 10 emails from each account > 100 total emails.
Day 30: 30 emails from each account > 300 total emails.
Day 90: 90 emails from each account > 900 total emails.

Never send more than 200 emails a day from a single account. 100 a day it's already pushing it.

This is the best strategy if you want to get started NOW. But you still can only start with 1 email a day. You can try to be a bit more aggressive and test sending 30 emails a day after 10 days so you get 300 total already. But be very careful. Odds are you'll go to Spam very soon.
Google updated its email algorithm this year and the Spam filters are working better than ever. They know what you are doing.
Domain reputation also comes into play. Ideally, have a domain name at least 1-month-old before beginning.

No single email should look the same. Each email needs to be personalized. You can have a script but personalize every email. Set up regular follow-ups.

This is a general overview of a much more complicated process. Good luck.

I hope Google doesn't read this.

Last edited:

Raitis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Mar 12, 2018
Lithuania
I've been trying to kickstart my current business after a long hiatus from the business world (due to work pressures from my day job).
However, I've been literally at my wit's end, .....almost banging my head against the wall, trying to solve a critical issue that may determine the success or otherwise of this venture.

The issue??

I need to send about 500-750 targeted, personalized cold emails per day in order to achieve my business targets.
I need to be able to operate at this scale at the very minimum because I've realized from my research that cold emails (and cold calling) is to a large extent, a volume dependent business. You need to send enough personalized, well targeted emails to the right persons to see the results you want.
And from my calculations, the number of cold emails I should send in a day is in the range of 500-750 emails per day, starting right away.

I've researched extensively on how I can achieve this and made some headway.
I've sorted out the system for getting the targeted leads and contacts, so that's not a problem.

The problem lies in how to actually send the emails.
I'll very much prefer to use some form of automation that simulates human sending patterns (to avoid triggering spam filters), as I feel it is a gross waste/underutilization of my time and mental power to be sending 750 emails manually everyday in this day and age, when there are tools that can help with that.

After my research, I had settled on using Woodpecker, but I found out I will need to create another domain separate from my main website domain, and create new emails on this new domain. More importantly, I would need to wait 3 FULL MONTHS to warm up the new domain before I can start using it for my cold emailing campaigns.
I definitely do not have the luxury of time to sit and wait 3 months before I can start cold emailing. I emailed them to find if there's a way around it, but they basically said no.

However, The Woodpecker staff also referred me to go try Mailgun, to use it as an external SMTP for sending emails on my new domain, while waiting out the 3 months for the domain to warm up.
But when I visited Mailgun, their Live Chat support staff said categorically that they don't allow cold emails on their platform.
(Though I've emailed their Sales staff on their contact page for a 2nd opinion, still awaiting their feedback).

So I decided to bring the issue to the forum of experienced and seasoned businessmen, to see if anyone could help out from his/her wealth of experience, or has had similar issues before.

So my question is:
How can I send 500-750 targeted, personalized cold emails per day, starting right away (if possible today), rather than having to wait 3 months to warm up a domain.
What options do I have? I don't mind paying somewhat more than usual to get that (within reasonable limits), as long as it can be achieved right away.

I toyed with the guerrilla idea of setting up like 5-10 free gmail accounts, (can't use Gsuite yet because it requires my own domain, which is still new and not yet warmed up), and then starting with sending like 20 emails per day on each email address, to gradually increase by an additional 25 emails/day every week.
However that will be the very last ditch option IMO, cos its clumsy, not automated, and will not give me the volume I want....but half bread's better than none in this scenario.

I'm open to any and every suggestion from the house.
Any one that has a good idea is welcome to suggest it. When I put "experts" in the title, its in the context of anyone who has reasonable experience or expertise on the subject matter, not in the context of "gurus". So anyone can chip in their bit.
And pls if you know anyone who has core expertise/strength in cold emailing, kindly tag him here.
I know @458 has core expertise in cold calling, don't know if it extends to cold emailing too. So pls kindly tag anyone you feel can help.
Thanks.

Not sure if it has already been suggested, but I'd just buy a domain that is not new, has sent email and you have the means of knowing they didn't sent a shitload of spam previously (a business in liquidation maybe?).

There's no good way to skip the warm-up phase as the default standing of a new sender is spam. If you need the domain to be similar to yours, I think using an alias might help, but can't further comment on this as I've not tried this sort of setup.

Regarding cold emails and all, I've been successful in sending up to around 2000 per day with GSuite, personalized via Mailshake. Then Google locked me out of the account temporarily, for the same reasons. Decided not to go the cold email route anymore at that volume, unless I could meaningfully personalize.

Feel free to ask for more details, although I'm in no way an expert in doing this, just someone who has tried some of the options in real life fairly recently.

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
Not sure if it has already been suggested, but I'd just buy a domain that is not new, has sent email and you have the means of knowing they didn't sent a shitload of spam previously (a business in liquidation maybe?).

There's no good way to skip the warm-up phase as the default standing of a new sender is spam. If you need the domain to be similar to yours, I think using an alias might help, but can't further comment on this as I've not tried this sort of setup.

Regarding cold emails and all, I've been successful in sending up to around 2000 per day with GSuite, personalized via Mailshake. Then Google locked me out of the account temporarily, for the same reasons. Decided not to go the cold email route anymore at that volume, unless I could meaningfully personalize.

Feel free to ask for more details, although I'm in no way an expert in doing this, just someone who has tried some of the options in real life fairly recently.

The default standing of a new sender is not spam.

If you send an email to a real person (jon.doe@fastlane.com) they'll get the email. But if you send 10-50 emails immediately as a new sender, that's when you become spam.

Also, 2000 emails a day, even if they are personalized, are still considered spam by Google's algorithm and external spam detectors. Unless you have a near-perfect reputation.

About 100-200 really is the sweet spot.. even then, you need to know what you're doing. As it's not easy to replace a domain and start the whole warm up process again.

Raitis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Mar 12, 2018
Lithuania
The default standing of a new sender is not spam.

If you send an email to a real person (jon.doe@fastlane.com) they'll get the email. But if you send 10-50 emails immediately as a new sender, that's when you become spam.

Also, 2000 emails a day, even if they are personalized, are still considered spam by Google's algorithm and external spam detectors. Unless you have a near-perfect reputation.

About 100-200 really is the sweet spot.. even then, you need to know what you're doing. As it's not easy to replace a domain and start the whole warm up process again.

You're right, a new sender is simply much more likely to be marked as spam without warmup. And if you use something like free Mailgun with shared IP - even more chances to land in spam straight away.

Not suggesting them to send 2k per day, but 500-750 is achievable (I guess they'll need the same amount of followups too). Generally it's a good idea to send something that leaves the recipient with a good emotion and thus, even while unwarranted, the email doesn't trigger the report by user.

Regardless of this all, I'd be warming up new domains in parallel of sending from one just in case. That's the kind of stuff you're getting yourself into with cold emails.

Oh, and finding a good service to verify your emails is also crucial unless they're coming from a source that can be trusted with verification. Bounces won't help you maintain your reputation.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Wow!
Thanks a lot guys for the actionable ideas and constructive comments.
I'll use your feedback and suggestions to shape and refine my strategy going forward.
And then learn and improve on it as I proceed.

You guys are the best!

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
There's no starting right now with 900 cold emails. Don't be a lazy idiot. Do your homework. Do cold calling instead if you're in a hurry.

Having said that. Cold email works. Depending on the industry. A founder of a Saas checks his email every minute. A dentist never does.

You don't need to wait 3 months as Woodpecker says. While warming up the email account for 3 months is the best, you can achieve your goals in less time than that.

Forget about Gmail, get GSuite. If your domain is genius.com, set up Gsuite on it and use whatever@genius.com as your main email for incoming mail for day to day.

Then, buy 10 domains like genius.net, genius.io, genius.org, getgenius.com, getgenius.net, getgenius.io, you get the idea. Set up GSuite Basic on all of them for your cold email outreach strategy.

Set up Lemlist on all of them. Lemlist has a free trial and use it to warm up your email. They have a new feature called Lemwarm which automatically warms up your email by sending and receiving emails from other Lemlist users, automatically. Also, subscribe to 20-30 newsletters so there's a decent amount of emails coming in every day.

Make a professional signature in Gsuite settings with your name, title, address, phone and company website. Set up a photo profile in Gsuite settings also.

Don't touch anything for one week.

Get a mail merge like Yesware, Mailshake or whichever you like. Lemlist is also decent but I prefer something that works within GSuite.

Now, begin your cold email outreach from those 10 emails account.

Day 1: 1 email from each account > 10 total emails.
Day 2: 2 emails from each account > 20 total emails.
Day 3: 3 emails from each account > 30 total emails.
Day 10: 10 emails from each account > 100 total emails.
Day 30: 30 emails from each account > 300 total emails.
Day 90: 90 emails from each account > 900 total emails.

Never send more than 200 emails a day from a single account. 100 a day it's already pushing it.

This is the best strategy if you want to get started NOW. But you still can only start with 1 email a day. You can try to be a bit more aggressive and test sending 30 emails a day after 10 days so you get 300 total already. But be very careful. Odds are you'll go to Spam very soon.
Google updated its email algorithm this year and the Spam filters are working better than ever. They know what you are doing.
Domain reputation also comes into play. Ideally, have a domain name at least 1-month-old before beginning.

No single email should look the same. Each email needs to be personalized. You can have a script but personalize every email. Set up regular follow-ups.

This is a general overview of a much more complicated process. Good luck.

I hope Google doesn't read this.
Wow! Thanks a lot.
Just came back to re-read this thread after I found my initial strategy I adopted was landing my emails in spam.
So I had to pause, re-evaluate and restrategize.
I think this your strategy is really solid.
Thanks a lot.
I'll most likely do this going forward, though it's the most expensive approach.
From what you've said, after registering all the domains, it's best I leave them alone for at least 1 month to gain some domain age before starting anything at all on them right?
That means I'll probably use free Gmail accounts in the interim for some basic small scale outreach, while waiting for this interval (in addition to doing cold calls and some social media outreach as well as people have mentioned on the thread).

The other 2 options I'm considering as other possibilities apart from your strategy are-
1. Outsourcing the cold emailing to some VAs in Phillipines who should be skilled in landing in inboxes, and have the necessary tools/accounts to deliver.
As someone suggested earlier in the thread. And I know someone else on another forum who handles his entire cold emailing by having a team of outsourcers do the emailing for him.
That's if I can find reliable VAs with proven skills in doing that.

2. Simply doing as Woodpecker suggested and warming up the domains for 3 months, before starting outbounding. In the meantime, be using free Gmail and combining it with cold calls and social media as some nice guys above mentioned.

But I think your strategy is the most solid.

I've checked Lemlist out and they say they integrate with Gsuite, so might just use them for the mail merge as a continuation after the warm up phase.

Thanks a lot again for your very detailed answer.
And thanks again to all the other guys that responded, there were a lot of helpful suggestions.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria

Thanks a lot Raitis, your comments and contributions were also very helpful. It's obvious you also have some real world experience in cold email matters.

I considered buying an old domain after seeing your comments, but I'm also not sure about the effect of using a different domain with an alias on deliverability (I definitely do need to have the sending domain email address similar to mine to boost trust with recipients).
Plus the issue of how to go about finding the right old domain that one is sure had not been misused for emails at some point in time previously.
So I'll rather use one of the 3 strategies I mentioned in my last post above.

Warming up new domains in parallel like you said in your other post makes a whole lot of sense. In case something happens to one, you won't be left hanging till you can warm up another one.

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
Wow! Thanks a lot.
Just came back to re-read this thread after I found my initial strategy I adopted was landing my emails in spam.
So I had to pause, re-evaluate and restrategize.
I think this your strategy is really solid.
Thanks a lot.
I'll most likely do this going forward, though it's the most expensive approach.
From what you've said, after registering all the domains, it's best I leave them alone for at least 1 month to gain some domain age before starting anything at all on them right?
That means I'll probably use free Gmail accounts in the interim for some basic small scale outreach, while waiting for this interval (in addition to doing cold calls and some social media outreach as well as people have mentioned on the thread).

The other 2 options I'm considering as other possibilities apart from your strategy are-
1. Outsourcing the cold emailing to some VAs in Phillipines who should be skilled in landing in inboxes, and have the necessary tools/accounts to deliver.
As someone suggested earlier in the thread. And I know someone else on another forum who handles his entire cold emailing by having a team of outsourcers do the emailing for him.
That's if I can find reliable VAs with proven skills in doing that.

2. Simply doing as Woodpecker suggested and warming up the domains for 3 months, before starting outbounding. In the meantime, be using free Gmail and combining it with cold calls and social media as some nice guys above mentioned.

But I think your strategy is the most solid.

I've checked Lemlist out and they say they integrate with Gsuite, so might just use them for the mail merge as a continuation after the warm up phase.

Thanks a lot again for your very detailed answer.
And thanks again to all the other guys that responded, there were a lot of helpful suggestions.

Woodpecker’s guides are solid. Even though a bit more on the ‘better wait than spam’ side of things.

Before outsourcing to VAs who may or may not be following the best practices, learn how to do it yourself and then train VAs. It’s important to have a solid understanding of what it’s happening because I know of a few guys (and plenty more stories) who were doing the Gsuite + Gmail 500 emails a day thing with multiple accounts and multiple VAs and making 50k a month and they are all out of business now since the Google algorithm update earlier this year.

Gmail is worse than Gsuite because it’s even more over abused by spammers. They go to spam super easy.

Cold email spam is pretty much dead unless you are doing what the smart guys are doing (your own infrastructure) but that is expensive and not completely legitimate.

Best way is really Gsuite (or Outlook business) and 100-200 personalized emails a day after warming up domain and email. And following up relentlessly (most email deals are somewhere around the 5th or 10th email).

Hit the phone and with a list of 200 you’ll reach more decision makers than you would with 200 Gmail emails. (unless it’s enterprise clients, then a combo of email/calling works best). And there won’t be an algorithm that puts you into spam.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
I've found that cold emails work best by focusing on quality instead of quantity.

If you send only a few, really personal and valuable emails, you would probably get better results than blasting 750 emails per day.

Cold emails depend on your type of business too.

What are you selling?

Who are you trying to target?

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Woodpecker’s guides are solid. Even though a bit more on the ‘better wait than spam’ side of things.

Before outsourcing to VAs who may or may not be following the best practices, learn how to do it yourself and then train VAs. It’s important to have a solid understanding of what it’s happening because I know of a few guys (and plenty more stories) who were doing the Gsuite + Gmail 500 emails a day thing with multiple accounts and multiple VAs and making 50k a month and they are all out of business now since the Google algorithm update earlier this year.

Gmail is worse than Gsuite because it’s even more over abused by spammers. They go to spam super easy.

Cold email spam is pretty much dead unless you are doing what the smart guys are doing (your own infrastructure) but that is expensive and not completely legitimate.

Best way is really Gsuite (or Outlook business) and 100-200 personalized emails a day after warming up domain and email. And following up relentlessly (most email deals are somewhere around the 5th or 10th email).

Hit the phone and with a list of 200 you’ll reach more decision makers than you would with 200 Gmail emails. (unless it’s enterprise clients, then a combo of email/calling works best). And there won’t be an algorithm that puts you into spam.
Wow again! Wish I could like your post multiple times...well, "love" would have to do. This is one of those instances where I really wish the Rep bank was still available on the forum, would have transferred some good reps for your comments.
It's obvious you've got a lot of experience in this field.

I'll go with your strategy, in the meantime while waiting for the domains to age/mature, I'll just use a few free Gmail accounts for low key outreach, plus the phone and others.

2 quick questions pls:
1. Do I necessarily need to add Gsuite to my main domain e.g "genius.com" as part of the process?
Asking cos I don't really send or receive many mails from the main domain, most times less than 1 mail a day,... typically only support emails to/from services I subscribe to, or occasional announcements from those services. So I've been using the default Webmail (Roundcube) to access the email, since I don't use it often, and have been largely fine with that.

2. The 100-200 emails per day limit from 1 email address/domain, is that only for new cold emails, or for all emails sent from the email in a day in total, including follow-ups and replies?

Thanks.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
I've found that cold emails work best by focusing on quality instead of quantity.

If you send only a few, really personal and valuable emails, you would probably get better results than blasting 750 emails per day.

Cold emails depend on your type of business too.

What are you selling?

Who are you trying to target?
Yes, that's the general idea.
The emails are still going to be quality and personalized, but volume also plays a part in this business.
I'm selling premium quality domain names to businesses that may have significant benefits from owning the domains.

If I email just 10 business owners for a particular domain name, it may very well result in a sale, but more often than not, requires reaching out to more than that to get a sale. Even with highly personalized, quality emails. For a variety of reasons. Some may not be in the financial state to buy at that time, some may have other more pressing concerns, some may not see the mail, some may see it but mentally file it away for "later" which never comes, etc.
So the more the number of well targeted business owners I can reach with personalized emails, the higher the probability of a sale.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
You sell domain names to businesses?

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Yes, that's the general idea.
The emails are still going to be quality and personalized, but volume also plays a part in this business.
I'm selling premium quality domain names to businesses that may have significant benefits from owning the domains.

If I email just 10 business owners for a particular domain name, it may very well result in a sale, but more often than not, requires reaching out to more than that to get a sale. Even with highly personalized, quality emails. For a variety of reasons. Some may not be in the financial state to buy at that time, some may have other more pressing concerns, some may not see the mail, some may see it but mentally file it away for "later" which never comes, etc.
So the more the number of well targeted business owners I can reach with personalized emails, the higher the probability of a sale.
Hi. I have the same problem ot knowing hpw to do it in a more automated way and wasting a lot of time sending a few at a time.

Also, i have a few good domains registered under my name in a very specific niche. If you are interested on selling them i will be happy to working with you and sharing the profits.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Hi. I have the same problem ot knowing hpw to do it in a more automated way and wasting a lot of time sending a few at a time.

Also, i have a few good domains registered under my name in a very specific niche. If you are interested on selling them i will be happy to working with you and sharing the profits.
Hi Lucky, you can send me the names via PM or post them here if you prefer, let me have a look at them and see if it's something we can work together on.

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
Wow again! Wish I could like your post multiple times...well, "love" would have to do. This is one of those instances where I really wish the Rep bank was still available on the forum, would have transferred some good reps for your comments.
It's obvious you've got a lot of experience in this field.

I'll go with your strategy, in the meantime while waiting for the domains to age/mature, I'll just use a few free Gmail accounts for low key outreach, plus the phone and others.

2 quick questions pls:
1. Do I necessarily need to add Gsuite to my main domain e.g "genius.com" as part of the process?
Asking cos I don't really send or receive many mails from the main domain, most times less than 1 mail a day,... typically only support emails to/from services I subscribe to, or occasional announcements from those services. So I've been using the default Webmail (Roundcube) to access the email, since I don't use it often, and have been largely fine with that.

2. The 100-200 emails per day limit from 1 email address/domain, is that only for new cold emails, or for all emails sent from the email in a day in total, including follow-ups and replies?

Thanks.

1. That’s up to you. Generally speaking, it’s best to also have a Gsuite account on your main domain. Because that becomes your main business email to give to people when they ask/put on business cards/whatever. Use the extra domains only for lead generation, and once you have a prospect who is closed, you can onboard them to the main domain Gsuite email and do all the future communications from there. This will also help increase the reputation of the main domain and email so when you abosutely need to contact someone, the email doesn’t go to spam.

2. There is no exact rule about this. It depends on how many domains you own and your follow up strategy. But this is easily automated. You can either own many domains so you send 100 from a single one then reserve 100 a day for follow ups. Or schedule your follow ups for days where you are not sending new emails and use another domain for new emails. Smart small and test, see what works and continue from there. No point in doing cold emails if your offerings sucks. First you need to figure out what gets people to respond. Then you scale.

And my two cents about selling domain names via cold email: don’t. Offer something valuable.

Last edited:

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Agreed.

I don't know the specifics of what you're doing, but it doesn't seem to provide value or solve a real problem.

You can buy a domain for $5 on porkbun.com

And having a "unique domain name" doesn't really do anything.

What's your value proposition?

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
1. That’s up to you. Generally speaking, it’s best to also have a Gsuite account on your main domain. Because that becomes your main business email to give to people when they ask/put on business cards/whatever. Use the extra domains only for lead generation, and once you have a prospect who is closed, you can onboard them to the main domain Gsuite email and do all the future communications from there. This will also help increase the reputation of the main domain and email so when you abosutely need to contact someone, the email doesn’t go to spam.

2. There is no exact rule about this. It depends on how many domains you own and your follow up strategy. But this is easily automated. You can either own many domains so you send 100 from a single one then reserve 100 a day for follow ups. Or schedule your follow ups for days where you are not sending new emails and use another domain for new emails. Smart small and test, see what works and continue from there. No point in doing cold emails if your offerings sucks. First you need to figure out what gets people to respond. Then you scale.

And my two cents about selling domain names via cold email: don’t. Offer something valuable.
Thanks a lot for your detailed answers.

Hmmm.....coming from you, that carries a whole lot of significance.
What I understand from that is that I will likely still end up landing in spam ultimately if I proceed along that line, as it's not valuable to the majority of recipients.
I'll have to rethink this whole thing deeply again.
Thanks.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Agreed.

I don't know the specifics of what you're doing, but it doesn't seem to provide value or solve a real problem.

You can buy a domain for $5 on porkbun.com

And having a "unique domain name" doesn't really do anything.

What's your value proposition?
Well, I'm very tired at this moment but I'll quickly summarize as best as I can.

Sometimes people/businesses settle for domain names that are not actually what they prefer, because the one they want is not available at that time.
These domain names they prefer may eventually become available, because the previous owner has let it expire.
However, because the business owner is not actively monitoring expired domain lists (being caught up in the daily tasks of running his business), he would be unaware that the name he wanted is now available.

So if I contact them that the domain name that will be a better fit for their business is now available, some are happy to buy it and upgrade from their old "unsexy" domain name to a better, shorter, more brandable or memorable domain name.
Eg someone moving from Atlantawebdesignerscompanyllc.net to Atlantawebdesign.com.
Or Newyorkcityseoagency.co to Nycseo.com.

This scenario happens much more frequently than you would think.

The challenge is in getting in touch with those business owners that have those unsexy names, and letting them know you have a better domain name for them (which they would be unaware of as I have earlier explained). The emails tend to land in spam, even if some of the recipients would actually be happy to be informed about the availability of such names.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.