The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Cold emailing for service businesses

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania

Bekit

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2018
@CareCPA @Bekit @Nicoknowsbest ... I think you'll like this podcast.
Thanks for the recommendation, @Andy Black ! I pulled it up the other day and they had me at "Imagine you're a freleance logo designer. How would you use cold email to land all the A-list clients that you could handle?" But I couldn't listen to the whole thing that day.

Just now got to finish it and OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS VALUABLE.

So thank you for thinking of me and tagging me to check it out. 100% worth it. Lots of great stuff to use.

Charnell

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Been subscribed and listening to them for a little bit, working my way backward. Really like the teardown episodes.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the recommendation, @Andy Black ! I pulled it up the other day and they had me at "Imagine you're a freleance logo designer. How would you use cold email to land all the A-list clients that you could handle?" But I couldn't listen to the whole thing that day.

Just now got to finish it and OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS VALUABLE.

So thank you for thinking of me and tagging me to check it out. 100% worth it. Lots of great stuff to use.
What were your biggest takeaways?

What will you do different going forward?

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Very good episode. Here are my takeaways:

1) Speaking the language of your potential clients. Budget, size of the company, and the market will determine how you should speak to a potential client.

Maybe they're a smaller company, so stability and ROI might be most important. You wouldn't want to try and sell them a fast, slash & burn style marketing strategy.

Clever to look at job postings of the companies to see how they speak and what phrases you can use in your emails.​

2) The "smart scarcity" bit. Make them feel like it's a once in a lifetime opportunity without sounding desperate or scammy.

"I've got room for one more client this month and would love to chat...or should I go ahead and just close out this month and keep you posted?"

"I noticed you've got an opening for a marketer, is bringing on an experienced freelancer worth a chat?"
3) Persistence pays off. They might not want your services this month or the next, but 6 months from now you'll probably be at the top of mind.

4) Don't ask to be hired, ask if they know anyone else who may need your services. This lowers everyone's guard while keeping the conversation going. Pulling vs Pushing.

Will be putting this into practice tomorrow!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!