• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Cold emailing for service businesses

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Andy Black, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $170,382
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $170,382
    Bekit and YoungPadawan like this.
  3. CareCPA

CareCPA Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,703
    Thanks for calling my attention to this - I'll give it a listen.

Andy Black likes this.
  4. Bekit

Bekit Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,474
    Thanks for the recommendation, @Andy Black ! I pulled it up the other day and they had me at "Imagine you're a freleance logo designer. How would you use cold email to land all the A-list clients that you could handle?" But I couldn't listen to the whole thing that day.

Just now got to finish it and OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS VALUABLE.

So thank you for thinking of me and tagging me to check it out. 100% worth it. Lots of great stuff to use.

Andy Black likes this.
  5. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,627
    Been subscribed and listening to them for a little bit, working my way backward. Really like the teardown episodes.

Andy Black likes this.
  6. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $170,382
    What were your biggest takeaways?

What will you do different going forward?

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  7. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof Seasoned Action-Faker Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,843
    Very good episode. Here are my takeaways:

1) Speaking the language of your potential clients. Budget, size of the company, and the market will determine how you should speak to a potential client.

Maybe they're a smaller company, so stability and ROI might be most important. You wouldn't want to try and sell them a fast, slash & burn style marketing strategy.

Clever to look at job postings of the companies to see how they speak and what phrases you can use in your emails.​

2) The "smart scarcity" bit. Make them feel like it's a once in a lifetime opportunity without sounding desperate or scammy.

"I've got room for one more client this month and would love to chat...or should I go ahead and just close out this month and keep you posted?"

"I noticed you've got an opening for a marketer, is bringing on an experienced freelancer worth a chat?"
    3) Persistence pays off. They might not want your services this month or the next, but 6 months from now you'll probably be at the top of mind.

4) Don't ask to be hired, ask if they know anyone else who may need your services. This lowers everyone's guard while keeping the conversation going. Pulling vs Pushing.

Will be putting this into practice tomorrow!

Andy Black likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.