The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

MattL

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 31, 2014
Finland
A good way to see the benefits and drawbacks of this thing is to ask about topics you have lots of knowledge in. Stuff that maybe isn't on Google's top 5 articles.

Say a game or hobby or something. Ask it to write a positive article, then a negative one. There are lots of inaccuracies and like Andy said above, it plays it safe with all the answers.

At this stage of its development I'm not too interested.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thought this was interesting:

"... it’s not about to replace developers.

Why? Because of the two problems I highlighted above. If you haven’t picked up on it yet, the bot is simply spitting out content from articles used to train it.

So instead of creating the code for itself, which should be flawless, it’s simply showing me what other authors have written. Not only that, but it’s also showing me outdated content with errors.

That’s because it’s not capable of validating whether or not it’s indeed giving me what I asked for. Instead, it’s guessing (with a huge success rate) what I’m looking for, and giving me something that looks like it.

In other words, at its current state, Chat GPT will only be useful as long as the content used to train it is verified, and kept updated by someone else."

"... you still have to use your brain. Sorry, not sorry.

But it will give you a quick head start.

In other words, the only thing that Chat GPT can do (at least right now) is to perform a faster Google search.

Which, don’t get me wrong, with the number of times we perform Google searches every day, it will most likely come in handy.

That said, it’s also true that Chat GPT will give you a single answer, which according to its algorithm, is the best one for you. But what about the rest? What about your own preferences?

Chat GPT will hide all other options, effectively boosting the few it considers valid for its users.

How good is that for content creators and people looking for options and alternatives? That’s for you to decide."

"Chat GPT will not replace developers.

It will, at best, simplify your search process and help you find answers to your questions a lot faster."

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I wouldn't use this to write actual content for something important, but it's very good for brief ideas, outlines, and things like that.

For example, if you were going to write a short book on a specific kind of investing, you could ask it to give you an outline for the book... And it will. With chapter titles.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I wouldn't use this to write actual content for something important, but it's very good for brief ideas, outlines, and things like that.

For example, if you were going to write a short book on a specific kind of investing, you could ask it to give you an outline for the book... And it will. With chapter titles.
That's my thinking as well.

It's much better than staring at a blank page, and it can bring in new ideas and angles we wouldn't have thought of that we can then explore.

(will add an example via my phone as I can't login to ChatGPT via desktop at the moment)

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Cool tool and I've found a few use cases for it so far. Thanks to MJ for sharing this!

1) Basic javascript/coding projects.

I wanted to add some specific yet basic functions to my website but never felt confident enough with developer docs to custom code stuff. So, instead of hiring a Fiverr developer, I asked ChatGPT to build the code with my specific parameters, names, functions, etc. and then reviewed that against the developer docs. It worked, and now I have a better UX and a better understanding of JS thanks to the explanations.

2) Writing ad headlines and copy

I asked ChatGPT to create 5 unique ad headlines based on my product description and it did a decent job. Specifically, it worded things in a way that I think my target market would resonate with - and that I might not have come up with myself. With just a couple of adjustments, the headlines & ads were setup and running.

3) Emails

I asked ChatGPT to create variations of my existing emails with more emphasis on certain elements, that are shorter, etc. It gave me good results and, similar to the headlines I mentioned above, worded things in a way that I might not have done naturally (in a good way). After a quick edit, I started a split test to see how users like the shorter emails from ChatGPT.

Overall thoughts:
It's a good tool that can save you time on basic writing and coding projects. It's no replacement for actual knowledge, but it's helped me 3-5x the number of writing projects I can complete in a day. Most of that can be attributed to basically eliminating writer's block.

Also, I had an idea for a Wordpress plugin and am planning on using ChatGPT to aid me in building it. I've done a few tests and I think with ChatGPT, some basic tutorials, and a bit of extra learning I'll be able to pull it off.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
To all writers:

This isn't an AI writing tool for blog posts. It is not built for your specific use case. Use Jasper or something.
Oh, that's interesting. I forgot about all the other AI tools. How does Jasper compare with Rytr?

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Will be really interesting when all these scammers learn how to use it to write more professional and believable messages. Often times the biggest tell is grammar mistakes. Will be much harder to compare legitimate human written emails and spam.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
So I quit Google search and other search engines for a 30 challenge, just finished my 5 days. My sources are this Chat AI, wikipedia, manual typing in websites. It's totally doable. Just blocked the site and the functionality in the search bar. I don't say it's a perfect setup but it making me think changing up online habits.

This joins my 30 days challenges that thus far have become permanent behavior change (as of now). No reddit (approx 8 months), cache searched results as a rare exception. No online news (3 months).

I like the shift in perspective from like ok I am hunting for something let's trawl through these sites and find the answer. To ok let's formulate a good question and get a good answer. At the very least it's narrowing down the journey. The bit question is AI giving a good enough answer, I would say good enough for now. One an AI can read basically all the knowledge that ever was, that's going to be cool.

Hopefully legitimate to post if not I will remove it (not affiliated): TLDR: search engines results are garbage anyway mainly pulling stuff up from aforementioned reddit and handful of websites, information quality, validity lowest common denominator stuff

Edit: not saying you should do as I do just thought it would interesting to share the experiment
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8P6MTOQlyk

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Will be really interesting when all these scammers learn how to use it to write more professional and believable messages. Often times the biggest tell is grammar mistakes. Will be much harder to compare legitimate human written emails and spam.
I heard the Nigerian Prince scam deliberately has grammar and spelling mistakes (as well as the unbelievable story) so they can get the most gullible to raise their hands.

No doubt they'll use these tools though.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
I heard the Nigerian Prince scam deliberately has grammar and spelling mistakes (as well as the unbelievable story) so they can get the most gullible to raise their hands.

No doubt they'll use these tools though.
Needed an iterative approach. When I included scam the AI predictably wasn't willing to help. Not perfect but not a bad effort. For educational purposes only...

tell Andy in the style of Nigerian prince (with typos and occasional sections in capital letters) that you want to share a very powerful ai with unlimited powers in exchange for modest transfer in bitcoin

Dear Andy,
I am a Nigerian prince and I have come across a very powerful AI that has unlimited powers. I am willing to share this incredible technology with you in exchange for a modest transfer in bitcoin.
Please consider this offer as it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to access the most advanced AI technology available. I assure you that this AI will revolutionize the way you do business and bring you unimaginable success.
I look forward to your prompt response.
Sincerely, [Your Name]

can you do it again but with typographic errors included like spelling mistakes

Sure! Here it is:

Deer Andy,
I am a Nigrian prince and I hav cum across a veri powerfull AI that has unlimmited powers. I am willing to share this increadable technolgy with you in exchange for a modest tranzfer in bitcoin.
Pleas consider this offer as it is a wun in a lifetime oppurtunity to access the most advancced AI technolgy availlable. I assure you that this AI will revolutionize the way you do busines and bring you unimaginable sucsess.
I look forward to your prompt responce.
Sincerely, [Your Name]

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I quit Google search and other search engines for a 30 challenge, just finished my 5 days. My sources are this Chat AI, wikipedia, manual typing in websites. It's totally doable. Just blocked the site and the functionality in the search bar. I don't say it's a perfect setup but it making me think changing up online habits.

This joins my 30 days challenges that thus far have become permanent behavior change (as of now). No reddit (approx 8 months), cache searched results as a rare exception. No online news (3 months).

I like the shift in perspective from like ok I am hunting for something let's trawl through these sites and find the answer. To ok let's formulate a good question and get a good answer. At the very least it's narrowing down the journey. The bit question is AI giving a good enough answer, I would say good enough for now. One an AI can read basically all the knowledge that ever was, that's going to be cool.

Hopefully legitimate to post if not I will remove it (not affiliated): TLDR: search engines results are garbage anyway mainly pulling stuff up from aforementioned reddit and handful of websites, information quality, validity lowest common denominator stuff

Edit: not saying you should do as I do just thought it would interesting to share the experiment
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8P6MTOQlyk
What if you're looking for a local service?

"gym near me"
"plumber <my town>"
etc?

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
686%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I'm not sure if it was already mentioned, but does anyone have a list of videos/books/articles that explain how this tech works and how to harness it's power through API's, the github, or other ways......I know google will bring things up but wondering if you guys have a list that is more to the point.....

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019
ChatGPT.png

Interesting

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
As mentioned above, I don’t think this will replace anyone at the current stage of development (other than fiver-type work). But it’s already good enough to accelerate your business or learning.

For example, I’ve been using Canva for pretty much everything for the last couple of years and thought it was revolutionary. Last month or so, I haven’t even touched Canva. All the cover images in my newsletter are now generated using Dall-E, as well as the logos. UI elements and art assets for my app, which I was making in canva, are now also all generated in Dall-E. I’m just using Canva for some simple editing, and image transforms because the editing capabilities in Dall-E aren’t great at the moment. But it’s only a matter of time.

As far as code generation goes, I’d say in 5 years or so (maybe 10), it will probably be able to make entire apps without much intervention. It’s inevitable with apps getting easier to make and AI getting ‘smarter’. The example Andy posted above was quite simple already. You can find that as a firebase sample out of the box, with better design, so not worth getting AI involved with. But if you just imagine the intersection of the Art and Codegen tools (both of which run on the same tech/models), I could see it being able to design a production ready/user-friendly app in a few years from now. Just means weaker entry, really.

Luckily 5 years is enough time for anyone on this forum to build their own brand and not have to care about any of this AI stuff replacing them. Weak brands will probably be easier to replace, though.

Strong brands will only get stronger and can use all this to their advantage.

The one thing AI can’t do at the moment is build a brand for you. You definitely need a human for that.

Wait a minute. What’s this now...

Damn it. WE ARE ALL SCREWED!

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
I'm not sure if it was already mentioned, but does anyone have a list of videos/books/articles that explain how this tech works and how to harness it's power through API's, the github, or other ways......I know google will bring things up but wondering if you guys have a list that is more to the point.....

This video is a great intro to all the AI tech going around, from a business perspective. Not very tech-heavy but was very inspiring. It covers where you can get started with github's etc also.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrNw2X-pS3g

I've only looked at image-related applications so far and haven't gone too deep yet (trying to stay focused on my own thing but will integrate AI eventually). Stable diffusion is the open-source text-to-image model for that - GitHub - Stability-AI/stablediffusion: High-Resolution Image Synthesis with Latent Diffusion Models

If you actually want to use GPT tech for something, let's see what ChatGPT says:

1671523968799.png

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Rule of thumb: Any work that is digital, or related to digital in some way, will be replaced by AI.

All digital work are in AI's domain / ecosystem / zone. It's like trying to sell anti-virus software on the Windows OS platform. Everything is great, until the OS takes over those tasks itself, and that's when Norton and McAfee went to hell.

As a human, it's our glory to see ourselves replaced by AI.
When that day comes, we'll all be doing things like this:

Johann_Baptist_Hofner_-_Idyllic_Rural_Scene.jpg

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
What if you're looking for a local service?

"gym near me"
"plumber <my town>"
etc?
I am using maps. Mainly the local solution mapy.cz but on occassion maps.google.com, not against using google services per se still using gmail, youtube ect

dsc4u

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 27, 2022
Right on! I am a user since last week and I am thinking about how to leverage that for the business I have in mind. It has some limitations so far, but the pros outweigh the cons by a landslide...
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer.

It in effect, is like the Star Trek "computer" for those of you familiar with Star Trek.

This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds.

I haven't been this impressed with a new technology in 15 years, the last time being the Apple iPhone replacing a flip-phone.

It can spit out computer code for you in seconds, stuff that would take 10 different Google searches amount 100 different results filled with SEO manipulated filler and garbage.

If you're a writer, this thing will help you describe scenes in foreign countries, write dialogue in different types of personalities, and conquer blocks in a matter of seconds.

The utility in this application is beyond belief.

The old way: 1) Search Google, 2) Sift through mountains of "SEO'd" pages filled with filler 3) Spend 20 minutes finding the right passage on the right page.

Time: 15m

The new way: 1) Ask ChatGPT

Time: 15s

Here is what ChatGPT responded with how to make money.

I couldn't have answered better myself.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
I stayed up for a few hours last night testing where this was strong/weak.

I like it a lot, and I do think it is going to be the end for some peoples businesses.
If you can't provide over a certain level of service, then this is going to wipe you out.

Here is a video I made today on it for web designers / freelancers...

How would you make money using chat gpt and other ai.

JoeyH

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 4, 2021
Thoughts?

summarise the millionaire fastlane by MJ DeMarco

The Millionaire Fastlane is a book written by MJ DeMarco that offers a different perspective on wealth creation and financial independence. In the book, DeMarco argues that the traditional path to wealth, which he calls the "slowlane," is a flawed and inadequate way to achieve financial success. Instead, he advocates for the "fastlane," a path that involves building a business or creating passive income streams that generate significant wealth in a relatively short period of time.
DeMarco argues that the slowlane path, which involves working a steady job, saving and investing wisely, and waiting decades to achieve financial independence, is a slow and risky way to build wealth. He asserts that most people who follow this path never achieve financial independence, and those who do often have to sacrifice their time and freedom in the process.
In contrast, the fastlane path involves taking calculated risks, being innovative and creative, and building a business or investing in assets that generate passive income. DeMarco argues that this is the most efficient and effective way to achieve financial independence and build wealth quickly.
The Millionaire Fastlane offers practical advice and strategies for building a fastlane business or creating passive income streams. It also challenges readers to think differently about wealth creation and to pursue a path that allows them to achieve financial independence on their own terms.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Thoughts?

The Millionaire Fastlane is a book written by MJ DeMarco that offers a different perspective on wealth creation and financial independence. In the book, DeMarco argues that the traditional path to wealth, which he calls the "slowlane," is a flawed and inadequate way to achieve financial success. Instead, he advocates for the "fastlane," a path that involves building a business or creating passive income streams that generate significant wealth in a relatively short period of time.
DeMarco argues that the slowlane path, which involves working a steady job, saving and investing wisely, and waiting decades to achieve financial independence, is a slow and risky way to build wealth. He asserts that most people who follow this path never achieve financial independence, and those who do often have to sacrifice their time and freedom in the process.
In contrast, the fastlane path involves taking calculated risks, being innovative and creative, and building a business or investing in assets that generate passive income. DeMarco argues that this is the most efficient and effective way to achieve financial independence and build wealth quickly.
The Millionaire Fastlane offers practical advice and strategies for building a fastlane business or creating passive income streams. It also challenges readers to think differently about wealth creation and to pursue a path that allows them to achieve financial independence on their own terms.
The summary is pretty shallow but it still works

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
The summary is pretty shallow but it still works
yeah, it underemphasizes the business creation and perhaps overemphasizes the investment part, but I mean, that's a pretty reasonable summary for a bot

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
I'm pretty sure it doesn't just search for things already written and regurgitates them. This is because I am working on a new material - a composite that doesn't currently exist - and with a few prompts it gave a detailed description of the material along with use case examples, one of them being the use case I am designing this material for! Mind blown.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I keep forgetting to use this, despite having it bookmarked. Every time I use it, it gets me over a hurdle, or solves a problem saving me a lot of time. Every time I leave impressed.
Thoughts?

That's pretty decent, actually better than some of the summaries I've read from bloggers. Of course, it is missing CENTS, the core to my philosophy.

MarkLavagne

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 27, 2019
Singapore
3) Emails

I asked ChatGPT to create variations of my existing emails with more emphasis on certain elements, that are shorter, etc. It gave me good results and, similar to the headlines I mentioned above, worded things in a way that I might not have done naturally (in a good way). After a quick edit, I started a split test to see how users like the shorter emails from ChatGPT.

If you'd like to use some email automation, Ellie - Your AI Email Assistant is work giving a shot.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I watched the Jasper boot camp series of videos last night. The few short videos about how Jasper thinks were interesting.

Jasper was fed about 10% of content on the internet prior to 2021.

When it writes it assigns a probability for the next word or bit of punctuation and the words start popping out. It does it for every single word.

View: https://youtu.be/l7fmAeEn08c

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
amazon takes anywhere from 20-60% of the sales just from ads (not even including their FBA costs)

if you want to support a smaller brand, don't click the amazon ads that say "sponsored" - just scroll down a little to find the same product
did ChatGPT say that? This is unreal.

I never thought a bot would be able to tell the world that "please don't click on sponsored listings. They cost money."

I like it more with each passing day.

Google? What's that? Give us a ChatGPT browser.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.