The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but I read somewhere a week or two ago that Google already has something similar to ChatGPT and they're four years ahead of them. I tried finding the article, but was unsuccessful. I scanned the article at the time and it mentioned that Google had a concern that has stopped them from releasing it, but I don't recall what their concern was.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but I read somewhere a week or two ago that Google already has something similar to ChatGPT and they're four years ahead of them. I tried finding the article, but was unsuccessful. I scanned the article at the time and it mentioned that Google had a concern that has stopped them from releasing it, but I don't recall what their concern was.
4 years ago google showcased something that is still not public which was an AI that sounds exactly like a human. I believe they had the AI book an appointment for a haircut and the person on the other end had no idea they were talking to a bot.

insane that this technology already exists but hasn't been released to public.

Will we be able to automate sales calls with AI soon..?

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
My bot vs your bot?

Gonna reiterate that this is a great danger to Google and standard search engines. Even saw a few articles that said as much.

I don't think I've needed to use a search engine in days, I just now use this, and the answers are much easier to find. The response here is a great example as it told me exactly what it was.

View attachment 46505
If you use could AI to produce more instead of just using it to replace you, then you could make bank with it

Last edited:

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
4 years ago google showcased something that is still not public which was an AI that sounds exactly like a human. I believe they had the AI book an appointment for a haircut and the person on the other end had no idea they were talking to a bot.

insane that this technology already exists but hasn't been released to public.

Will we be able to automate sales calls with AI soon..?
Mobile technology is my industry, so I remember this demo well. It was, frankly, absolutely stunning when it happened. The tech is called Google Duplex, and Google bills it as an AI assistant for tedious multistep tasks. There is a web version, which is apparently deprecated as of this month, but the Android phone version is alive and well. At least, that's what I've been able to determine from searches. It looks like "Hold for Me" and "Direct My Call" are the two major things that Duplex does on Pixel devices, but I haven't heard much about its ability to make haircut appointments for you since I/O 2018.

Related, there was a decent amount of speculation at the time that the demo was either entirely faked or, at minimum, scripted or edited. (See this contemporary article on Axios: What Google isn't telling us about its AI demo) I don't know if those questions ever got answered, but the fact that people aren't having Voice of Mountain View do all their tedious phone calls for them feels like some kind of an answer.

(For fun, and to stoke the fires of the iPhone/Android holy war, contrast with Steve Jobs introducing the original iPhone, where he calls a local Starbucks and orders 4000 lattes to go. This was apparently completely unscripted , to the point where they did not tell the Starbucks that it was going to happen. The first live public phone call ever made on an iPhone was a prank call.)

akshat.jha21

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 10, 2022
India
Been spending some time on ChatGPT, holy shit this thing is insane, a total Google killer.

It in effect, is like the Star Trek "computer" for those of you familiar with Star Trek.

This thing already likely saved me 3 hours of my time in a matter of 10 seconds.

I haven't been this impressed with a new technology in 15 years, the last time being the Apple iPhone replacing a flip-phone.

It can spit out computer code for you in seconds, stuff that would take 10 different Google searches amount 100 different results filled with SEO manipulated filler and garbage.

If you're a writer, this thing will help you describe scenes in foreign countries, write dialogue in different types of personalities, and conquer blocks in a matter of seconds.

The utility in this application is beyond belief.

The old way: 1) Search Google, 2) Sift through mountains of "SEO'd" pages filled with filler 3) Spend 20 minutes finding the right passage on the right page.

Time: 15m

The new way: 1) Ask ChatGPT

Time: 15s

Here is what ChatGPT responded with how to make money.

I couldn't have answered better myself.
I have been using ChatGPT a lot lately. IT IS AMAZING. I'll probably stop using Google search and start using this full-time.

The way the AI scraps through large amounts of data are insane. It takes some time to type out the answer, but the quality is superior to any search engine out there.

Whether you're a student writing your assignments, a programmer finding some code or an entrepreneur finding some good advice, ChatGPT got you covered.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I have been using ChatGPT a lot lately. IT IS AMAZING. I'll probably stop using Google search and start using this full-time.

The way the AI scraps through large amounts of data are insane. It takes some time to type out the answer, but the quality is superior to any search engine out there.

Whether you're a student writing your assignments, a programmer finding some code or an entrepreneur finding some good advice, ChatGPT got you covered.
People seem to to end up on a different version of ChatGPT ... I see outtakes and run into walls all the time. Outtake tweets on Twitter are also on the rise.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

If they really had that, then they won't be in panic mode now: Google's management has reportedly issued a 'code red' amid the rising popularity of the ChatGPT AI

Companies make bold claims and smoke/mirrors to drive up their stock value time to time.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

It's a great tool. I still prefer finding authoritative sites and reading their content though. I especially miss an actual opinion and people pinning their flag to a mast.

Note that if everyone uses ChatGPT instead of Google it's reducing visits to the websites people found via Google. So those sites are getting scraped but not attributed to or rewarded with a visit? What's their incentive to post any new content if AI chat will scrape it and not attibute or link back to it? It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

akshat.jha21

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 10, 2022
India
It's a great tool. I still prefer finding authoritative sites and reading their content though. I especially miss an actual opinion and people pinning their flag to a mast.

Note that if everyone uses ChatGPT instead of Google it's reducing visits to the websites people found via Google. So those sites are getting scraped but not attributed to or rewarded with a visit? What's their incentive to post any new content if AI chat will scrape it and not attibute or link back to it? It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Yes, you are right. I would say ChatGPT is a good choice if you are looking to save time. But if good quality content is what you are looking for, Google search is still the best way.

This just made me think that the point behind the invention of AI was to save people time by avoiding tedious tasks like data scraping. People (who are, or will, depend on a 9-5 as their main source of income) are scared that they might lose their jobs to AI. But who knew that it can affect technologies like Google as well...

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Something I found playing around with it last night. I used it to find a reference to a biblical story I vaguely remembered, and it found it easily. Then I got into a "discussion" (as much as you can use that term, I guess) with it about the meaning of the story. It had an interpretation, which didn't make any sense based on the narrative of the story, and I spent some time trying to get it to understand where it was going wrong. It would acknowledge that I was correct, and then repeat the same interpretation anyway.

My reaction was that this thing is great for finding information, but not for interpretations of that information. I mean, it's the Bible. A book famous for every chapter and word having multiple, conflicting interpretations, and it gives me one and sticks to it.

However, now that I read your post... I've absolutely had "discussions" with actual humans that have gone that exact same way. Maybe this thing is better than I thought.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Arrived2015

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 30, 2014
England
How about this one:
Fi8PygHWYAUV8jU

View: https://twitter.com/tqbf/status/1598513757805858820
:eek::wideyed:

Arrived2015

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 30, 2014
England
Amazed at the speed and creativity of ChatGPT!

I used it today and this is the result:

Me: Story of a Christmas card that comes to life for two days

ChatGPT: Here is a story about a Christmas card that comes to life:

It was Christmas Eve, and Emily and her family were sitting around the tree, enjoying each other's company and exchanging gifts. As Emily was opening her last present, she noticed something strange about the Christmas card that her aunt had given her. It seemed to be moving on its own!

At first, Emily thought she was just seeing things, but as she looked closer, she realized that the characters on the front of the card were actually moving. She couldn't believe it! She showed the card to her family, and they were just as amazed as she was.

As they watched, the characters on the card came to life and stepped out of the paper. It was like something out of a fairy tale! The characters were all dressed in festive Christmas outfits and introduced themselves as Mr. and Mrs. Claus, Rudolph, and the elves.

Emily and her family were in awe as they talked with the characters and learned about their lives in the North Pole. They laughed and sang Christmas carols together, and the time flew by.

Before they knew it, the clock struck midnight, and the characters on the card began to fade back into the paper. Emily's aunt told her that the card had been enchanted by a special Christmas magic, and that it would only come to life for two days each year – Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

As the characters disappeared, Emily and her family were filled with a warm and happy feeling, knowing that they had just experienced something truly magical.

They couldn't wait to see what the card would bring to life the next year.

I can see how I can use this tool as a starting point for writing fictional stories. All it needs, is expanding the paragraphs, add some images then package it up for selling.

Can see it becoming very, very addictive in 2023 (and beyond) especially with each updated version.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Is anyone else having issues getting ChatGPT to work? It has been 2 days now that I cant get a reply. I just keep getting errors: "An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com."

Arithen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 13, 2021
Canada
Is anyone else having issues getting ChatGPT to work? It has been 2 days now that I cant get a reply. I just keep getting errors: "An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com."
Using it on the phone has more errors than on a pc (I’ve found). I’ve also found that refreshing the page every time there’s an error fixes it until I visit another tab or keep the window open for too long or ask it too many questions in a short period of time.

Having a multi-day span where you’re getting nothing but errors sounds like a bug you’d need to report. Try a different browser/device?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Using it on the phone has more errors than on a pc (I’ve found). I’ve also found that refreshing the page every time there’s an error fixes it until I visit another tab or keep the window open for too long or ask it too many questions in a short period of time.

Having a multi-day span where you’re getting nothing but errors sounds like a bug you’d need to report. Try a different browser/device?
The error stopped on my PC, but everytime I try to use it on my laptop I get that error. I can't seem to get it to go away on the Laptop. Not sure why, I have not been able to figure it out. Resetting the computer, private browsers, turning on or off the VPN, nothing changes it.

I saw some posts that show how ChatGPT is going woke. I have not tried it myself, but I guess it can't even bring you some information on humans increasing their quality of life through burning fossil fuels or some such. Same with getting it to send you messages in the style of certain people. Those topics go against the narrative so they may be slowly being removed

Andy Bell

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Feb 10, 2019
Zihuantanejo
Update: Been running chatgpt like crazy recently to add some charts to articles, and I have to say, this thin gives some of the most inaccurate worst information I have ever seen, and it's insanely confident, which makes it hard to discern. It speaks like a confident 18-year-old trying to bullshit you on an exam. In the electrician niche, almost 90% of the information is wrong and dangerous, giving me info for how many devices I can put on a circuit that could burn your house down.

It's an amazing proof of concept, but I feel it could be more dangerous than good at this point with all the false facts it gives and how confident it makes it sound. We were about to get an internet flood of bs, and wrong information, the likes of which we had never seen before.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
So I got writers block.

I asked it to help me write a eulogy for my best friend's funeral.

It gave me excellent tips. That was cool. It definitely saved me from having to do multiple Google searches. Within a minute, it got me thinking about 6 points I wanted to make in the eulogy. I was able to create an outline in my head.

Then I asked it to write it for me. Literally that's all I said.

It wrote 6 paragraphs, showed the right structure, included suggestions for light hearted vs serious content, and hit on 4 out of my 6 points.

All I have to do is add two paragraphs right in the middle and this thing is done.

But what's creepy is I thought that these four points were unique to my friend. I mean, I haven't had another friend like her. It's hard to believe that an AI would aggregate four different fairly unique positive attributes about a person. Is everyone's best friend a super intuitive altruistic person?

Its easier to believe that Elon Musk hired aliens to implant a nuerolink when I wasn't looking, because this thing was just too good.

It's crazy to me that I literally asked it two things, all I gave it was two simplistic questions, and it spit out a better speech than I had been able to achieve in the last 30 minutes.

I saw some posts that show how ChatGPT is going woke. I have not tried it myself, but I guess it can't even bring you some information on humans increasing their quality of life through burning fossil fuels or some such. Same with getting it to send you messages in the style of certain people. Those topics go against the narrative so they may be slowly being removed

Yeah, the co founder apparently runs an solar company and electric car company. I think he's super woke.

Update: Been running chatgpt like crazy recently to add some charts to articles, and I have to say, this thin gives some of the most inaccurate worst information I have ever seen, and it's insanely confident, which makes it hard to discern. It speaks like a confident 18-year-old trying to bullshit you on an exam. In the electrician niche, almost 90% of the information is wrong and dangerous, giving me info for how many devices I can put on a circuit that could burn your house down.

It's an amazing proof of concept, but I feel it could be more dangerous than good at this point with all the false facts it gives and how confident it makes it sound. We were about to get an internet flood of bs, and wrong information, the likes of which we had never seen before.

What troubles me is the thought that enough people/bots can post this false info, thus training future generations of AI on false info.

When someone first said we live in a post truth world, I thought it was hyperbole. But we get closer and closer...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Just refresh the page.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada

The confident 18yr old analogy is spot on!

Playing with chatgpt I came to similar conclusion.

The line that comes to mind is, getting data is great, getting your own data is the best. With this chatgpt, the data being fed into it and the biases/agenda is what is concerning.

Just like youtube removing dislikes so people can't easily tell, if someone is showing something dangerous, wrong, unsafe, biased. So to is it hard for someone who doesn't know any better to see the biases, and know the agenda behind answers.

It feels very much like, the truman show. Your free! just don't go walking into the room wall/boundary that can't get out of. But turn around and look here it's amazing and your free!

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Yeah, the co founder apparently runs an solar company and electric car company. I think he's super woke.
Elon seems to cut all ties with OpenAI. He stated that when he cofounded it it was both Open Source and non profit, both are no longer true.

Twitter used to be data source for OpenAI, Elon stopped that. Don't know much about Brockman and Altman, but all AI systems seem to be extremely woke.

Has anybody played with MidJourney? Every other prompt seems to lead to a "do you want to get banned?" reply for me. It is a serious issue.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Elon seems to cut all ties with OpenAI. He stated that when he cofounded it it was both Open Source and non profit, both are no longer true.

Twitter used to be data source for OpenAI, Elon stopped that. Don't know much about Brockman and Altman, but all AI systems seem to be extremely woke.

Has anybody played with MidJourney? Every other prompt seems to lead to a "do you want to get banned?" reply for me. It is a serious issue.
I was playing with midjourney for a while, but ended up getting frustrated. Anything had may have text in it, or human hands gets absolutely butchered. Faces on books and stuff are ruined and distorted as well.

For fantasy images or landscapes and stuff it is absolutely insane though. Works building and landscaping and drawing fantasy creatures and such it is just crazy good.

I have also seen it build some pretty cool simple logos as long as you keep text out of it, or keep it to 1 or 2 letters.

And @Kak thanks for suggesting I refresh the page, I never would have thought of that!! Haha /s

Andy Bell

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Feb 10, 2019
Zihuantanejo
The huge risk too is a massive amount of writers are now turning to it to autogenerated text which means when it scrapes the web again to learn it's going to be scraping its own chatgpt results essentially training itself on its own wrong information making future iterations a complete mess of innacuracy.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
R
The error stopped on my PC, but everytime I try to use it on my laptop I get that error. I can't seem to get it to go away on the Laptop. Not sure why, I have not been able to figure it out. Resetting the computer, private browsers, turning on or off the VPN, nothing changes it.

Refresh or change broswer

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
now that is something I don t understand. When I asked about dayly information, that was answered :

I'm sorry, but my knowledge is limited to what was known up until my knowledge cutoff in 2021. I do not have access to any information beyond that point in time. Is there anything else I can help you with using the information that I have?

CoolBeans

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
May 14, 2017
South Africa
Found an interesting use case for ChatGPTtoday: translating old French, Spanish and Italian books that were not translated in English.

I wonder if anyone will find any value in it though.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I was playing with midjourney for a while, but ended up getting frustrated. Anything had may have text in it, or human hands gets absolutely butchered. Faces on books and stuff are ruined and distorted as well.

For fantasy images or landscapes and stuff it is absolutely insane though. Works building and landscaping and drawing fantasy creatures and such it is just crazy good.

I have also seen it build some pretty cool simple logos as long as you keep text out of it, or keep it to 1 or 2 letters.

And @Kak thanks for suggesting I refresh the page, I never would have thought of that!! Haha /s
Yeah it is interesting what Midjourney is bad at compared to what it absolutely nails. Something worth trying is adding a link to a photo in the prompt. My new avatar is something that Midjourney created based on a photo of mine. I added "undercut" as a keyword and it managed to keep a lot of the likeness intact. Ear in the background is one of those disgusting accidents, though ^^
As long as it can stick to the original photo it does okay. You can't tell it to add people or other crazy things like that. You can add a rough collage in Photoshop or Gimp and see if Midjourney can fix it. Got a few nice image out of that approach, especially when you add a painter name to get the desired style.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
@MJ DeMarco can we include AI text prompt tools that aren't chatgpt tools in this thread? I've had fun with Midjourney

you make these in a discord server and the free plan images are public - so you can see what other people come up with

also, I'm starting to believe that this AI wasn't built on software & math but instead was built using whatever sorcery CERN is using to try to open a portal to hell

horror comic style mcdonalds employees running from a monster ronald mcdonald

rob7777_horror_comic_style_mcdonalds_employees_running_from_a_m_bda09356-14ef-4a77-8c3f-80f1a12a10bc.png

a crusader holding a bible and an assault rifle

rob7777_a_crusader_holding_a_bible_and_an_assault_rifle_c74d7c5a-6f04-4211-a1a8-eceea2ac19ee.png

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco can we include AI text prompt tools that aren't chatgpt tools in this thread? I've had fun with Midjourney

you make these in a discord server and the free plan images are public - so you can see what other people come up with

also, I'm starting to believe that this AI wasn't built on software & math but instead was built using whatever sorcery CERN is using to try to open a portal to hell

horror comic style mcdonalds employees running from a monster ronald mcdonald

rob7777_horror_comic_style_mcdonalds_employees_running_from_a_m_bda09356-14ef-4a77-8c3f-80f1a12a10bc.png

a crusader holding a bible and an assault rifle

rob7777_a_crusader_holding_a_bible_and_an_assault_rifle_c74d7c5a-6f04-4211-a1a8-eceea2ac19ee.png

I'd say use this thread.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.