arrrrrrrrrrrggggg I never thought about the laptop!
I would say for the past 7 years I am on the computer a minimum of 10 hours a day 7 days a week unless I am on vacation.
Often times it is more like 14 hours a day.
hmmmmmm thanks TheTruth : )
I probably would not unless there was some believable proof that there is a danger and then also proof that the product stopped that danger.
I don't really see how both of those would come about for many years and hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars in research.
Interesting, but why wouldn't you take precautions just in case if the cost was minimal?
That being said, there is already lots of research on the topic, it's not like we are blind to it.
In fact, here is an interesting story, one of my doctor's was hired to visit a retirement home and help keep the people nice and healthy. After a short while, people were starting to love him and everyone was feeling good. However, after examining the patients and looking at the problems, he also realized where the home was located.
It was near some towers, so naturally they were going to be exposed to the electromagnetic fields.
He asked the manager if he knew what he was doing to the people in the home as well as the workers. The manager was baffled and my doctor pointed out the towers. He told him, he should study up on the effects of electromagnetic energy and the effects it could have on humans if we are exposed to it.
He then re-signed and handed in his letter of final notice. The letter said that he was too busy at his own clinic and that he would be unable to offer his services anymore, as he was already working 12 hours a day.
The manager called him and said "but what about all the electormagnetic stuff you were telling me about?" My doctor told him that was something he should look into himself, but the "real" reason he quit was because of his busy schedule.
He told me he didn't want to get into any legal disagreements and he just hoped that they would move away from that place.
Food for thought.
Me too, but you couldn't have been doing this for much of your life. I've been doing this for almost half my life and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.
I fear for myself and my generation. We're always on the phone, in front of a computer, etc. what kind of effect could it possibly have on us? I don't think it'll increase cancer rates by very much, but what about other effects that people aren't talking about?
Yeah exactly, it's one of those things that nobody cares about until it's too late. Nobody wants to be bothered if they are comfortable, unless you tell them that they are in immediate danger to their health... and even then most won't act on the problem.
I used to work for cell phone companies and build out cell towers about 15 years ago. My company sent me to a bunch of seminars and classes to learn how cell phones and its networks worked. So I don't know what frequencies anyone is on now and what the power going to the phones is like anymore.
I remember a study back when phones had antennas showed that just by having an antenna decreased emissions into your head but alot. If you think about how you hold the phone, the tilt of the phone and the antenna protruding out and away from your head made a small difference in the distance it was from your head. But it made a big difference in RF output. I believe that this is because its power decreases by distance squared (not sure, going off memory).
We did drive testing alot. This is when one person puts a small transmitter on a 15' PVC pole that is run by a car battery and sits on a street corner (potentially a location where a tower would be built). Then another person would drive around in their car and measure the RF signal. Basically, doing the job as the "can you hear me now?" person. I was always amazed that a car battery and transmitter on a 15' pole could reach 1-2 miles down the street. With the drive test equipment you can see the level of RF the phone is getting and also find out how much it's sending out. This is what made me realize how much RF there is in the world.
As for RF getting trapped in your car. I look at RF as RF, it will bounce around just like any other wave form.
Me personally, I know that when I talk on the phone too long without a headpiece I can feel the phone (or its heat) making my head feel uncomfortable. I never sleep with the phone next to my bed and when at home, car or office, my phone is never in my pocket. It's only on my desk. I do this subconsciously now.
Bluetooth is good, but you still have an object next to your head transmitting to your phone. But it is transmitting much less power.
The best way to go is a wired earbud and keeping your phone as far away from you as possible.
Interesting stuff, thanks again Bio.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
