The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Build Habit Forming Products

cordoh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 13, 2020
Atlanta, GA
What's up you guys. This is my first post, so here goes nothing.

I'm currently in the middle of starting a SAAS company. I've never done this before, but I'm not letting that stop me. One of the resources that I have been using to figure out what steps I should be taking is an article that I found from Neil Patel entitled "Here's How I Built and Launched a Saas Company For Less Than $40K" (I think I can get it done for less than $40k, if im wrong, i'll be back with another post looking for angel investors).

This is a great article with a wealth of information. I highly suggest it if you're looking into building a SAAS Company.

The part that i'm completing today is "Creating Product Requirements".

I've created a basic product design overview document, product features document, use cases, brochure site overview, and user stories, but the final document that I have to create is what made me stop what i'm doing and come and write this post.

I am filling out a worksheet based on the Hook model, the four step process companies use to build consumer habits. I have not read "Hooked", but its a book about how to build habit-forming products and after working through this worksheet I am definitely going to check it out.
You can download the worksheet here.

It's a great document that has multiple exercises and questions that allows you to think about your product from a different perspective and it will probably force you to make the necessary adjustments to your product.

I have read The Millionaire Fastlane , and am still currently chipping away at Unscripted daily, but I feel like creating a habit-forming product is a huge part of building a company based on productocracy.

Ok. Enough talking. Back to work I go. Check it out. Let me know what you think. Or, if you've read "Hooked" let me know what you think about it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.