The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bonjour from France

GrK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 6, 2016
France
Hello guys,

I have been reading the forum for a few days now and I think it is now time to introduce myself.

I am 28 yrs old, french, living in France.

My background:
I am Mechanical Engineer, graduated in 2010. I speak French, English (at least I try...) and Spanish (useful for girls !). I have been working as a Business Development Director in a French SME for the last 3 years. My skills are very much related to plastic parts for industrial use and complex technical sales for packages from 50 k USD to 10 MUSD.
I started reading @MJ DeMarco book a week ago and I just finished it. It motivated me to launch a few social network accounts (IG mainly) to build up a community within a niche and maybe get some $$ from it. First IG account is up and running ! I plan to start a website very shortly. I am still working on the business model though: e-commerce or social network.

My motivation:
It mainly comes from my childhood: my mom raised me alone by working low paid night shifts. She is now retired and I hope i could give her back a small share of what she gave me.
Also, long story short, the annual revenue of the company I work in grew from 1m to 12m since I joined and what I received in return for my hard work in developing the business is... peanut (as we say in french). No stock options, ridiculous raise and very low bonuses.

My goal:
I want to win my financial freedom by reaching 6-7 M EUR of net worth. This is the amount I need.

I hope to have nice discussions and to meet great people here ! I also want to thanks @Andy Black for his warm welcome via PM when I joined and followed him.

Thanks for reading
GRK

PS: How do I put the "Read the Millionaire Fastlane " bar on my profile pic ? Could not figure it out yet...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"I was paid peanuts!" ... we say that in the UK too, and I'm sure in the US. :)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro.

GrK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 6, 2016
France
Post in the "I've READ TMF " thread...

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/posts/513007/
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Welcome aboard!

Thank you MJ !

Thanks Andy !

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanF

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Oct 3, 2014
Hello guys,

I have been reading the forum for a few days now and I think it is now time to introduce myself.

I am 28 yrs old, french, living in France.

My background:
I am Mechanical Engineer, graduated in 2010. I speak French, English (at least I try...) and Spanish (useful for girls !). I have been working as a Business Development Director in a French SME for the last 3 years. My skills are very much related to plastic parts for industrial use and complex technical sales for packages from 50 k USD to 10 MUSD.
I started reading @MJ DeMarco book a week ago and I just finished it. It motivated me to launch a few social network accounts (IG mainly) to build up a community within a niche and maybe get some $$ from it. First IG account is up and running ! I plan to start a website very shortly. I am still working on the business model though: e-commerce or social network.

My motivation:
It mainly comes from my childhood: my mom raised me alone by working low paid night shifts. She is now retired and I hope i could give her back a small share of what she gave me.
Also, long story short, the annual revenue of the company I work in grew from 1m to 12m since I joined and what I received in return for my hard work in developing the business is... peanut (as we say in french). No stock options, ridiculous raise and very low bonuses.

My goal:
I want to win my financial freedom by reaching 6-7 M EUR of net worth. This is the amount I need.

I hope to have nice discussions and to meet great people here ! I also want to thanks @Andy Black for his warm welcome via PM when I joined and followed him.

Thanks for reading
GRK

PS: How do I put the "Read the Millionaire Fastlane " bar on my profile pic ? Could not figure it out yet...
Bienvenue! On est content de vous avoir :p Wish we had more french people in this forum, i live in Lyon and don't feel i have anyone to connect to over here in person :( (goes to search for a violin.....)

GrK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 6, 2016
France
Bienvenue! On est content de vous avoir :p Wish we had more french people in this forum, i live in Lyon and don't feel i have anyone to connect to over here in person :( (goes to search for a violin.....)

Merci ! Will be happy to share !

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany

We actually use that sentence in Germany too, using the english word 'peanuts' :)

Welcome!

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

hi !

salut les frenchies !

i am very glad to read french people here.

i live in Lyon, too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...