The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Way to Learn Facebook Ads and Google Ads

Marketing, social media, advertising

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Thank you so much for this its gold

So you wanna learn Ads, you wanna bring leads to clients and you wanna earn some money?

I hear you. Before you dive into any channel(fb/Google), learn 2 difference:

Knowledge of dashboard
Knowledge of advertising

If you hop on Udemy, get some course, you will learn dashboard knowledge. You will learn about audience, adset, setup campaign, setup pixel, technical, tactics to bring results etc.

These are just DASHBOARD knowledge. They don't bring MUCH results. Mind you, these knowledge are needed but it's not what brings leads, sales and revenue for your client and you.

Then there is knowledge of advertising.
Learn THAT.

You want guidance on learning this skill, finding leads, serving clients and bringing results?

Here it's is:
Step 1: Read Ogilvy on advertising, Cashvertising, Influence, Breakthrough advertising.

Step 2: Sit and hand write Ads you will find in those books and Gary halbert

Step 3: Read Russell Branson books, Alex Hormozi $100m Leads

Step 4: Create a full funnel from ads to lead form for this client of yours

STEP 5: Millionaire.

Ok ok, I know that's dramatically paraphrased but you got the gist of it.

After you complete the above, now go and take a course from Adskills folks about Facebook ads.

Focus on Facebook first.

Do these and I will share the next steps after them.

Mind you, I learned all these in 3 months, while working in an agency and that's the fastest way of learning if you want to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike Thiel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Mar 15, 2021
Europe
I will document my journey in running ads, starting from FB maybe by time will add Google. I will present it in this forum, so maybe someone will get inspired by it, talk to you later

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I think Google ads is the most difficult to learn.

If you really want to learn it then paying someone like @Andy Black to show you would be one of the best investments you'll make.

That's what I done and now I'm pretty good at them and offer it as a service to local businesses.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think Google ads is the most difficult to learn.

If you really want to learn it then paying someone like @Andy Black to show you would be one of the best investments you'll make.

That's what I done and now I'm pretty good at them and offer it as a service to local businesses.
Thanks for the shoutout.

I'm curious about you mentioning Google Ads being the most difficult to learn. What other advertising are you comparing it with? I thought Google Ads was fairly simple once we bid on the correct keywords and put the keyword into the ad and landing page. But then I've been doing it for years...

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Thanks for the shoutout.

I'm curious about you mentioning Google Ads being the most difficult to learn. What other advertising are you comparing it with? I thought Google Ads was fairly simple once we bid on the correct keywords and put the keyword into the ad and landing page. But then I've been doing it for years...

For me, Facebook ads is pretty easy. You make some ad copy, make a creative, set your targeting and you may make 5 or 6 ads, run them and then after a week you will see an ad that's a winner and you keep that running for a while. Then you can restart the process again.

For google ads, you have to setup the campaigns correctly and if you don't Google will spend all your budget, you need to set up conversions via Google Tag Manager, you need to build out seperate landing pages for each service or else have a Dynamic text page and you need to keep tweaking things until you get it right. I've always felt there was a much tougher learning curve in Google ads.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
you need to keep tweaking things until you get it right.
Once it's dialed in it can run untouched for years though. That's what I like about Google Ads.

Muthembwa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 14, 2019
well, I tried to copy my friend's agency project, but he made one crucial step differently from me - he charged the client 2k upfront and half of it spent on upwork to hire a pro media buyer and thus without issues could deliver.
On the other hand, I used 2weeks free trial technique to encourage the first customers - which worked really well but I hadn't the resources to cover pro media buyers so I had to do it myself ( both tiktok and fb ) tho couldn't deliver.
I know that at this point I should use my friend's tactic, but I prefer to learn ads myself and repeat my tactic that worked in the past, as that skill might serve me not only in making money in my agency but in diff industries/projects as well.

Thank you for the recommendations, I will look into them, by any chance do you know some other other courses in learning FB ads?
Currently the FB Algo is smart enough, more than any single agency and people, what you need to learn is FACEBOOK Copywriting from Sam Owens and period.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.