The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google Ads vs Facebook Ads in 2023: Pros & Cons?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Valerio Achilli

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 8, 2021
Fastlaneeeeeersss,
first of all I already feel smarter in reading threads on threads, this forum is blowing my mind.
Now, I'm studying Facebook Ads (Udemy Academy's course) and in few days I will launch my first Facebook Campaign in order to sell my girlfriend's brand necklaces all around Italy. (Already set meta business, meta pixel, shopify, Fb business page, Instagram page ect ect).

For now it's not a Fastlane but I've big goals, actually one goal: master Ads in order to be able to sell any products/services and help other businesses growing up. (starting from my girlfriend's necklaces: it doesn't respect CENTS at all, I'm aware of it, but I think it is a good opportunity to learn all those stuffs and master Ads techniques while helping her in her fashion business)

I'm reading @Andy Black Adsword threads and I found them more useful than any courses existing.

By the way, in 2023 which are the best Ads? Google or Facebook? Which are the main differences, pros & cons for both?
For the same business (classic example: Plumber in Milan) is it a good idea run both? Or is it better choosing only one? What are the drivers of this choice?

Thanks to everyone, this forum is teaching me more things than University (in fact University doesn't teach how to make money, create value, solve problems :D) and I'm already moving in digital marketing.
Valerio

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
For e-commerce I've had the most success with influencer campaigns. I don't think Google Ads in your instance would be better, maybe running FB ads with UGC videos would work better and getting your product in the hands and posts of those who have a ton of followers on the platform(s) your customers frequent.

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia
Google Ads - the prospects are usually looking for a solution and are ready to buy or to get educated on your solution.
Facebook Ads - the prospects are scrolling to be entertained and your ad is a potential interruption that has to uncover a desire for your product the prospect may never even realise they had.

Valerio Achilli

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 8, 2021
For e-commerce I've had the most success with influencer campaigns. I don't think Google Ads in your instance would be better, maybe running FB ads with UGC videos would work better and getting your product in the hands and posts of those who have a ton of followers on the platform(s) your customers frequent.
Thanks for the tips!

Valerio Achilli

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 8, 2021
Google Ads - the prospects are usually looking for a solution and are ready to buy or to get educated on your solution.
Facebook Ads - the prospects are scrolling to be entertained and your ad is a potential interruption that has to uncover a desire for your product the prospect may never even realise they had.
Oh, thanks! Really good way to think about ads' prospects!

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Fastlaneeeeeersss,
first of all I already feel smarter in reading threads on threads, this forum is blowing my mind.
Now, I'm studying Facebook Ads (Udemy Academy's course) and in few days I will launch my first Facebook Campaign in order to sell my girlfriend's brand necklaces all around Italy. (Already set meta business, meta pixel, shopify, Fb business page, Instagram page ect ect).

For now it's not a Fastlane but I've big goals, actually one goal: master Ads in order to be able to sell any products/services and help other businesses growing up. (starting from my girlfriend's necklaces: it doesn't respect CENTS at all, I'm aware of it, but I think it is a good opportunity to learn all those stuffs and master Ads techniques while helping her in her fashion business)

I'm reading @Andy Black Adsword threads and I found them more useful than any courses existing.

By the way, in 2023 which are the best Ads? Google or Facebook? Which are the main differences, pros & cons for both?
For the same business (classic example: Plumber in Milan) is it a good idea run both? Or is it better choosing only one? What are the drivers of this choice?

Thanks to everyone, this forum is teaching me more things than University (in fact University doesn't teach how to make money, create value, solve problems :D) and I'm already moving in digital marketing.
Valerio
Hello! I'm italian too, from Livorno, Tuscany, but I'm going to wirte in english so anyone can understand.

I've only tried google ads and tiktok ads so fa, but what I've seen facebook ads seems the most risky to try, simply because the probability of being banned or incurring in any problems are very high if You don't have a well established brand. This is what I've heard in the last year about facebook ads.

Valerio Achilli

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 8, 2021
Hello! I'm italian too, from Livorno, Tuscany, but I'm going to wirte in english so anyone can understand.

I've only tried google ads and tiktok ads so fa, but what I've seen facebook ads seems the most risky to try, simply because the probability of being banned or incurring in any problems are very high if You don't have a well established brand. This is what I've heard in the last year about facebook ads.
Ciao!
Thanks for your explanation!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.