The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC Best Video Editing Software for YouTube in 2019?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

guaava23

Ready for the FastLane Living!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 25, 2019
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Camtasia has a free version, but it sounds like you are done with it. On PC I’ve had friends that use and like Sony Vega and Adobe Premiere. The good thing about Premiere is you can try before you buy or pay month to month.
It’s too bad you don’t have a Mac. Between ScreenFlow and Final Cut those do everything and fast. I record video and audio separately and it syncs magically with the touch of a button on Final Cut. The audio and video converts and transfers with the same quality to YouTube.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
Camtasia has a free version, but it sounds like you are done with it. On PC I’ve had friends that use and like Sony Vega and Adobe Premiere. The good thing about Premiere is you can try before you buy or pay month to month.
It’s too bad you don’t have a Mac. Between ScreenFlow and Final Cut those do everything and fast. I record video and audio separately and it syncs magically with the touch of a button on Final Cut. The audio and video converts and transfers with the same quality to YouTube.

I ended up going with Priemier Pro and really like it although the processing is a bit slow. A million times better tgan Camtasia!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 2, 2012
Cary, NC
For actual screen recording of my tutorials and products i use OBS and for editing i'm using premier pro cc.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
Nashville
I ended up going with Priemier Pro and really like it although the processing is a bit slow. A million times better tgan Camtasia!

I think you can adjust the rendering speed by adjusting the resolution of the your video editing window. I think it helps the encode the video timeline faster.

There might be other quick and easy methods for speeding up your workflow in PP

Maybe like this:

mira.d

PARKED
Jul 9, 2019
Create by Vidello
- screen recording
- gif creator
- text-to-speech creator
- easy editing
- video/audio/icon/emoji library
- you can change dimension as you like, great for FB ads
- easy to learn but if you want to do some advanced editing then go for Adobe

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Lex DeVille ... how has OBS and Camtasia sped you up so much?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
@Lex DeVille ... how has OBS and Camtasia sped you up so much?

Well, I would say I need to do more testing, and I also need to add more memory to my computer. But for some reason the crashing, slowness, and A/V sync issues stopped once I combined OBS with Camtasia.

Plus Camtasia production speed is faster than Premier Pro now, so I'm canceling my PP subscription because I don't need it. PP is slower and I can't edit or add special effects as quickly as my preliminary tests in Camtasia.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
I've heard Sony Movie Studio if you wanna pay the 50ish/month. Best free one that I've heard from streamers is Davinci Resolve which has been mentioned before.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Well, I would say I need to do more testing, and I also need to add more memory to my computer. But for some reason the crashing, slowness, and A/V sync issues stopped once I combined OBS with Camtasia.

Plus Camtasia production speed is faster than Premier Pro now, so I'm canceling my PP subscription because I don't need it. PP is slower and I can't edit or add special effects as quickly as my preliminary tests in Camtasia.
I really like Loom for doing a quick video. The sound quality doesn’t seem great with my setup, although that could be where I’m sat and the laptop.

For videos where I want the best quality and will be editing them then I’ll try Camtasia (for capture as well as editing), and maybe OBS.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I just use Final Cut and record in Quicktime

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I really like Loom for doing a quick video. The sound quality doesn’t seem great with my setup, although that could be where I’m sat and the laptop.

For videos where I want the best quality and will be editing them then I’ll try Camtasia (for capture as well as editing), and maybe OBS.
My sound quality issue was because I selected the wrong audio input. Doh.

I'm back using Loom.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I am going to test this for a month and see how it goes... If anyone wants to join using Crypto...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom