The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best tools for market analysis

Joda

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 19, 2016
Adelaide South Australia
Hello fellow fast laners,

I am almost finished MJ DeMarco's Audible version of the millionaire fast lane and it has compelled me to pursue my business idea.

I have an idea for a web content system, I've checked out the competitors and i know for a fact if i pull off my concept I'll be adding far greater value and doing it for free.

A question i'm having trouble answering is will my niche be big enough to help me change lanes? I'm trying to determine if the demographics/market size is big enough to support my vision.

Does anyone know of any analytics tools, data brokers, plugins or websites that will help me determine the size of particular consumer demographics (for example - how many people play softball) ? or how much traffic a competitors website is currently receiving?

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't think demographic (people who play softball), think instead of "demonstrated cashflows"(people who have bought softball equipment).

Your market isn't a demographic, it's a demonstrated cashflow.

Follow demonstrated cashflows.

Billions of dollars are spent a day by businesses generating leads and sales.

Millions of dollars are spent a day by businesses generating leads and sales using AdWords paid search.

That's a large demonstrated cashflow that I have attached myself to, and it's a monthly one too!

Listen to this podcast, it's where I learned of "demonstrated cashflows":

Also read through my AdWords posts. There's a few in there that talk about how I determine whether a project has legs or needs a bullet.

In short:

"You only learn when you launch"
(Dan Norris)

Just start.

Hans im Glueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 15, 2013
Amsterdam
For physical products it can also be very useful to search on amazon, since it's biggest search engine for product related searches.

With plugins like Jungle Scout (I use Sellics XRay for the German market) you can get fairly accurate sales stats for almost all products on Amazon. With Sellics you can even track the exact Sales over time in order to see the revenue someone is generating. Doing this with several products in a niche should give you a fairly good picture of the general demand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.