The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beer & Pancakes 2010 info

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
If anyone is up for splitting a room or anything, let me know. I am arriving on thurs and leaving monday.

Also, side note. Are most people staying @ the firesky or days inn.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
If anyone is up for splitting a room or anything, let me know. I am arriving on thurs and leaving monday.

Also, side note. Are most people staying @ the firesky or days inn?

Firesky is going to be where everyone is hanging out, at least for the days of the B&P (Fri, Sat, Sun).

I'm not sure if we're going as a family (my preference) or me alone. Need to get a few hundred more bookings under out belts before we know.

(but reservations-wise, the year has started out w/a bang, so that's good!) :banana:

-Russ H.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I'll do some hotel research and see what I can find. :)]

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Sounds good. We'll figure a way to swing all 5 nights at firesky then. Should be a nice trip.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I *think* we may able to go this year!!! I'm trying to make it work... financially isn't the hardest part, it's leaving my son!!

GoldenEggs-

How old is your son? We've got a 3 year old and were just trying to figure out the logistics today as well (ie, if our little one comes w/us, one of us-- me or my wife-- will wind up being w/her, and the other at the fastlane events during the day).

Perhaps there are some options here for tag-team parenting/babysitting?

-Russ H.

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
Russ,

My son will be 1 year and a week by the time the B&P happens. We're leaning toward having my parents watch him - he still takes a nap about every 2 hours. This would be the first time we have left him for more then 4 hours so we're still trying to figure out what would be best.

Just talked to my parents and we might be able to use their timeshare for this trip so now I just need to find air fare and get the time off from work! :banana::banana:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Goldeneggs: A quick look at Southwest shows about $220 round trip (OAK- PHX), if you can get the getaway fares. I didn't check the other airlines.

-Russ H>

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I just thought of something.

Where the hell is the housewife? (aka feather dusting maid, aka Bilenda, aka snowbank, etc...)

Not to mention Miss Thrifty (I'll leave out the ****ar 'esqe jokes for fear of claw attack, twas a close call before!), Mr. RRhoid, sticker boy, Cabin Girl, Mr. Argumentative, Job Prowler, and so on?

I love you all and your names should be ON THIS LIST!! Prolly forgot some too!

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
Hoping the spots don't get taken away... I think I can take 2 days off from work and hoping the timeshare from my parents will come through.... Just need to finalize things tonight! Whee!!!

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I just thought of something.

Where the hell is the housewife? (aka feather dusting maid, aka Bilenda, aka snowbank, etc...)

Not to mention Miss Thrifty (I'll leave out the ****ar 'esqe jokes for fear of claw attack, twas a close call before!), Mr. RRhoid, sticker boy, Cabin Girl, Mr. Argumentative, Job Prowler, and so on?

I love you all and your names should be ON THIS LIST!! Prolly forgot some too!

Each year, I usually go thru the prior two year's "B&P Thread" to drop PM's or emails to everyone who "couldn't make it last year but will be there next time for sure!!!!!":blah2::blah2:

About half of them haven't posted in a year. Most of the rest "would love to, but just can't swing it, but will be there next year for sure (again)!!!!!":blah2::blah2::blah2:

Once in a while, someone will actually show up! :banana:

Sort of like the people who post the "I'll be a millionaire":blah2::blah2::blah2::blah2: threads, then drop off the face of the earth when they realize they actually have to do something in order for that to happen.

:rant:

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
For those folks who are flying in, I have contacted a friend who runs a car service. Those of you needing transportation to and from the hotel and airport can get a discount. It's cheaper and much nicer than a cab or a van service (its a mercedes). Those of you interested can PM me and I will set up your info with him.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Each year, I usually go thru the prior two year's "B&P Thread" to drop PM's or emails to everyone who "couldn't make it last year but will be there next time for sure!!!!!":blah2::blah2:

About half of them haven't posted in a year. Most of the rest "would love to, but just can't swing it, but will be there next year for sure (again)!!!!!":blah2::blah2::blah2:

Once in a while, someone will actually show up! :banana:

Sort of like the people who post the "I'll be a millionaire":blah2::blah2::blah2::blah2: threads, then drop off the face of the earth when they realize they actually have to do something in order for that to happen.

:rant:

Yup.

Life is what happens in the meantime, while you're hoping to make it next year.

Or, as Woody Allen put it: "Eighty percent of success in life is showing up."

-Russ H.

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I love my netbook but I dislike how I have to scroll to see the entire page!! I didn't notice that I could update the quantity of tickets so I ended buying the tickets separately. argh! Anyways, my husband and I are in!!! Although I probably should have waited till my boss actually SIGNED my request for time away... will just need to catch her in a good mood tomorrow!

Just gotta figure out airfare and hotel tomorrow. The timeshare is booked and so need to find a place now!

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky
Unfortunately my place of work is being extremely difficult in letting me take the time off to attend this event so I will only be able to attend all day saturday and sunday morning as I will have to fly back home that morning. Is there any vital events or anything of the sort that I will be missing out on?? and would other members advise in still going with just a full day? I hate to miss out on this opportunity.

Thanks

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Unfortunately my place of work is being extremely difficult in letting me take the time off to attend this event so I will only be able to attend all day saturday and sunday morning as I will have to fly back home that morning. Is there any vital events or anything of the sort that I will be missing out on?? and would other members advise in still going with just a full day? I hate to miss out on this opportunity.

Thanks
Still go! The whole thing is very informal and structured casually. You will out on whoever and whatever is scheduled that first day BUT it will all be online during the event. People post from and during the event and presentations. You will love it!!!

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
Tickets purchased - Check
Airfare purchased - Check
Hotel booked - Check

We''re staying at the Scottsdale Cottonwoods Resort and Suites. It said it was 1.2 miles from Fire Sky. Is it a walkable distance, paved sidewalks, safe, etc.? I'm game to walk as long as it is safe and not more than a mile. Need to lose this baby weight!!

Rakona

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Jul 14, 2009
I'm still planning on coming. Sorry for not being around much.

re: rooms, I have family in Phx, so will not need lodging.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
Wow! Response for the car service has been pretty huge. I called Charlie and he will handle it for us at $20/trip + tip. This is the cost each way from PHX to Firesky and from Firesky to PHX. The car is a Mercedes E320 and can hold up to 4 passengers (with limited luggage).

Charlie's phone number is 602.471.7740. Call him directly to schedule a pick up - he will make sure there is someone at the airport waiting for you. Make sure you tell him you are with "The Fastlane" or "Mike Mariani" and he will give you the discount.

Suggest coordinating with other B&P'ers flying in to maximize the savings!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Wow! Response for the car service has been pretty huge. I called Charlie and he will handle it for us at $20/trip + tip. This is the cost each way from PHX to Firesky and from Firesky to PHX. The car is a Mercedes E320 and can hold up to 4 passengers (with limited luggage).

Charlie's phone number is 602.471.7740. Call him directly to schedule a pick up - he will make sure there is someone at the airport waiting for you. Make sure you tell him you are with "The Fastlane" or "Mike Mariani" and he will give you the discount.

Suggest coordinating with other B&P'ers flying in to maximize the savings!

Mike, you rock. :urock2:

Thanks for making this happen. What a huge bennie for the B&P'ers. :thumbsup:

-Russ H.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Mike,

Is that per person or per trip?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Ok, attempting to figure out last minute details myself. Was going to buy flight tonight, getting in wednesday, leaving sunday. It looks like that's what quite a few people are doing.

I'm a little confused, the seminars are AT the Firesky? If so, are there still rooms available?

Edit - Flight Booked

Arrive PHX 5:09pm on Wednesday 2/17
Depart 10:28am on Sunday 2/21

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
KungFuAteve said:
Arrive PHX 5:09pm on Wednesday 2/17
Depart 10:28am on Sunday 2/21

Whoah, back the train up!

We need to clarify that the B&P is THREE FULL DAYS-- Fri, Sat, and Sunday.

Some folks leave early (like 6 pm) on Sunday. Andviv will tell you he only did that once. ;)

KungFuSteve-- If you leave at 10:28 am on Sunday, you'll miss a whole day!

If you have to get back, it's better than nothing-- but to others-- if you can fly out LATE-- like 8/9 pm, you can do all the Sunday stuff.

But . . . I was not there last year. Organizers: Was Sunday a full day, or did everyone leave early?

-Russ H.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Russ:

As I recall, we did a big Mastermind exercise around the pool in the afternoon on Sunday. We also put together the basic groundwork for this year's gathering.

I have to agree with Russ -- I missed Sunday afternoon the first year. I've hung around every year since, and usually try to fly out on Monday.

Some years it is just gathering around the pool. Others, we've toured multi-million dollar homes.

Come early -- stay late.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Fiddle sticks!

I didn't pick that time for any reason in particular, I thought events were Thursday, Friday, Saturday... I do have to be up and at 'em Monday morning for business has a tough time going on without me... (for now...)

I just bought the tickets, wonder if I should see if I can change my flight time?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I just bought the tickets, wonder if I should see if I can change my flight time?

I recommend you do change times. Everyone that left early last year was mad at themselves for doing so. Heck I felt I left early on Monday morning.

I will be calling to book at firesky this week.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Wait for Kenric to give us the OK and the secret handshake ;-o

I will post here the number to call to book at the Firesky. Please don't call and book yourself yet because you won't get our rate. The reason you can't do it yet is because our contract is not 100% completed.

The event days are all day Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday till noon. We usually have an informal dinner get together for the people who come in Thursday.

The conference room is at the Firesky. Everything will be within walking distance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.