The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beer & Pancakes 2010 info

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Bio-

OK, I used my online hotel connections to see if I could get you guys a better deal at Skyfire.

Nope. Lowest I could get was a little under $200 a night (since these rooms go for more than $300/nt during peak season).

Beautiful place-- and you negotiated an INCREDIBLE price, esp for a WEEKEND (when rates are highest, and rooms are much harder to find).

Well done! :hurray:

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

My mid-terms are that week. Next year though, I'll be living out west and will go!!

Hope everyone has fun and learns a lot :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Greg...

I'm looking for a room mate if you're interested.

But, like Bilge, I'm there Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, so I'll might consider booking elsewhere for the odd nights.

The place looks beautiful!

I'm in Bob. I'll be getting in late Wed. night and leave Monday morning. I like the cost of that shuttle.:thumbsup:

Arrive AA flight 1801 Feb. 17, 11:10 pm
Leave AA flight 559 Feb. 22, 11:15 am

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The deal is that if we can get 5 rooms booked, the conference room is discounted or free. That is why we need 5 booked. For those who think $169 is too steep, what would be a price which would make you stay at the FireSky? That way I have a number to shoot for when I go back to negotiations with them. Give me a number that would make you go from the Days Inn to the Firesky.

For people staying more than 2 nights, our rate is good for 3 days before and after the event.

So far we have 1 room tentatively "booked".

BTW, don't call them and book yet because we haven't signed a contract with them yet. This will be done next week.

Regarding the screen, we can certainly purchase one. In fact, I can just make one from blackout cloth and some 1"x2". I made my home theater screen this way.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Bio,

We could buy a screen really cheap, and use it each year. They roll up and don't take up much space (and whomever hangs onto it could use it for outside movie parties).

Example.

What do you think?

-Russ H.

That screen looks perfect.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
For those who think $169 is too steep, what would be a price which would make you stay at the FireSky?

For people staying more than 2 nights, our rate is good for 3 days before and after the event.

We are more then willing to stay 2 nights at $169 or we can stay 5 nights at about $120. The concern is its about $400 difference for us between days inn and firesky for the 5 nights.

I want to ensure we have the conference room, so we will make arrangements to switch hotels part way through to get 2 nights at firesky if we need to.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
We are more then willing to stay 2 nights at $169 or we can stay 5 nights at about $120. The concern is its about $400 difference for us between days inn and firesky for the 5 nights.

I want to ensure we have the conference room, so we will make arrangements to switch hotels part way through to get 2 nights at firesky if we need to.

I agree with this. $169 is fine for two nights, but for 5 nights it is a heavy hit. I had $125 in my head prior to Jason's $120 pick.

The place is (from the photos) absolutely gorgeous, so I'm willing to pay more for that, but it is definitely a big cost increase, especially for couples.

Thanks for all you're doing Kenric!:yourock:

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Last edited:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
If we come I can bring a projector (still working out details on this end to see if it's feasible).

Def recommend buying the screeen---- much easier to store (takes up way less room) than a homemade screen.

Bio-

Some negotiating tactics from a hotelier's POV:

midweek nights (Sun-Thu) are often cheaper at some (not all) hotels. So they may be willing to go $120-125/nt on the other days, if they can still charge us more for Fri & Sat.

Also, if you can guarantee 10 rooms booked instead of 5, this will also give you leverage (provided that there are enough people here who will commit to that).

Just a few thots. :)

-Russ H.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Also, if you can guarantee 10 rooms booked instead of 5, this will also give you leverage (provided that there are enough people here who will commit to that).

Can one of the mods update the list of registered attendees? Right now it looks like it might be tough to fill 5 rooms, but I know I'm not showing yet.

One of the good things is that we get a lot of locals to attend. Unfortunately, they don't usually rent rooms. So to get to 10 rooms, we probably would need 35-40 attendees.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Can one of the mods update the list of registered attendees? Right now it looks like it might be tough to fill 5 rooms, but I know I'm not showing yet.

One of the good things is that we get a lot of locals to attend. Unfortunately, they don't usually rent rooms. So to get to 10 rooms, we probably would need 35-40 attendees.

Hmm . . . let's do some math:

List of confirmed registered:

Wild Ambitions (out of town #1)
Mr. Wild Ambitions... What is it? CactusJack? (w/#1)
ZDS (?)
Runum (out of town #2)
Montexan (out of town #3)
Another Montexan (w/#3)
kwerner (out of town #4)
Shinyiku (out of town #5)
Mtnman (out of town #6)
Rakona (?, hasn't been on the fastlane since Oct 3 09)
TerenceChang (local)
JonLeeHacker (out of country, but renting a condo)
SaraK (local)
Lightweight99 (out of town #7)
AroundTheWorld (out of town #8)
LazyAmericano (w#8)
KungFuSteve (out of town #9)

That gives us at least 9 rooms of out of towners, if the folks listed above all stay at FireSky.

I know of at least one other (uh . . . BflBob) that doesn't show here). ;) But you're sharing w/Greg (Runum) IIRC.

PhxMJ, Biophase, SteveO, and RealOG are all locals (and not listed above), so I'm guessing they're not going to be staying.

So . . . any others to add here? And of the ones listed above, who can confirm that they are NOT staying at FireSky, for sure?

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If the Days Inn was a car -- it would be a HYUNDAI. The FIRESKY is a LEXUS. $169 is a great rate! If you can manage the upgrade, please try to do so.

Thanks Bio for the leg-work!

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
If the Days Inn was a car -- it would be a HYUNDAI. The FIRESKY is a LEXUS. $169 is a great rate! If you can manage the upgrade, please try to do so.

I agree.

Sometime stepping a notch or two above your financial comfort zone is like adding fuel to the fire of wealthbuilding.

The first year I came to this event (in 2006) it was way too expensive for what I could afford and I felt freaked out at the entire event, but the inspiration I received made me more determined to be able to afford more and more of what I wanted in my life.

Since then I have learned that any financial limitations are all in my head and tasting life beyond my limitations can be a way to let go of the limitations and move into more abundant thinking.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I'll stay wherever...

If someone needs a roomie to help them out, I can handle that too.

Note duration for (roomie) debauchery, thongs, maybe morning wake ups from Undress? availability:

Wed Feb 17 # 2618 Depart ORLANDO INTL (MCO) at 2:40 PM
Arrive in PHOENIX AZ (PHX) at 5:45 PM

Mon Feb 22 # 0607 Depart PHOENIX AZ (PHX) at 11:20 AM
Arrive in ORLANDO INTL (MCO) at 5:25 PM

Hotels anyone? Collaborate!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I'll stay wherever...

If someone needs a roomie to help them out, I can handle that too.

Note duration for (roomie) debauchery, thongs, maybe morning wake ups from Undress? availability:

Alas, all I can offer is snoring at richter-scale levels. :sleep:

Plus, if you saw me in a thong, you would be traumatized for life. Maybe even longer. :smxF:

-Russ H.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
AroundTheWorld +1 are staying elsewhere.

Having said that, I TOTALLY agree w/ PhxMJ and JonLeeHacker.

There is simply something more inspiring about a wealth building conference that is not located squarely in a Kia.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Alas, all I can offer is snoring at richter-scale levels. :sleep:

Plus, if you saw me in a thong, you would be traumatized for life. Maybe even longer. :smxF:

-Russ H.

NanananaNo. lol Perhaps you misunderstood my friend...

I was simply replicating stories I heard from the last shebang.

lol

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Regarding the hotel room

So I have 4 for the Firesky which makes me feel comfortable enough to go ahead and reserve it. I know that I can get one more person to flip to Firesky!!! :)

I just want to put out there that the cost per night will be lower than $169 for people who stay there. I don't know how much lower, it won't be Days Inn pricing, but will be closer to $125-$130 mark. This is limited to the first 5 takers!! It really is limited to the first 5 but if there are more I'll see what we can work out. And a few of the lucky 5, will receive a free room upgrade!

Firesky -
1 BFLBob, Runum
2 Montexan
3 Bilgefisher
4 Mtnman
5 ?????

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
And a few of the lucky 5, will receive a free room upgrade!

Runum mentioned that he'd like one of them there :heartbeat:heart-shaped tubs:heartbeat: :banana:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Re: Regarding the hotel room

So I have 4 for the Firesky which makes me feel comfortable enough to go ahead and reserve it. I know that I can get one more person to flip to Firesky!!! :)

I just want to put out there that the cost per night will be lower than $169 for people who stay there. I don't know how much lower, it won't be Days Inn pricing, but will be closer to $125-$130 mark. This is limited to the first 5 takers!! It really is limited to the first 5 but if there are more I'll see what we can work out. And a few of the lucky 5, will receive a free room upgrade!

Firesky -
1 BFLBob, Runum
2 Montexan
3 Bilgefisher
4 Mtnman
5 ?????

I'll go ahead and stay at the Firesky as well. The place looks awesome!

Edit: I'll probably only be staying Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday afternoon/evening.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Runum mentioned that he'd like one of them there :heartbeat:heart-shaped tubs:heartbeat: :banana:

Bob, I will request the upgrade to the honeymoon suite for you guys!

Looks like we got 5! I will confirm all this on Monday with the Firesky.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Bob, I will request the upgrade to the honeymoon suite for you guys!

Looks like we got 5! I will confirm all this on Monday with the Firesky.

Woah now guys. I'm not into the Brokeback Mountain thing.:rofl:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
NanananaNo. lol Perhaps you misunderstood my friend...

I was simply replicating stories I heard from the last shebang.

lol

I know. I was jes messin wid ya! :wave:

-Russ H.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Count us (Wildambitions, Cactus_Jack and son) in for 3 nights. You have 5 (EDIT: make that 6). We will be cutting our trip slightly shorter than originally planned to adjust "fundage". Arriving Thursday afternoon (Feb 18th) departing late Sunday (Feb 21st).

I had purchased a ticket for my husband but because our son will be joining us, he will not be attending the actual event. That being said, I have one B&P event ticket available for sale. If there is anyone who has not paid yet and would like a ticket, please let me know. I would really like to sell it as this would really help us out.

Also, if possible, I would like my husband and my son to be able to join us for as many meals as possible (and pay in as needed).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.