The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beer & Pancakes 2010 info

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
FIRESKY Reservation Procedures

NOTE: If you call right away and they can't find the Fastlane Event rates, it's probably because we just finalized the contract a few minutes ago. Please try again later if that's the case.

Telephone the resort directly to make their reservations, they should dial 480-945-7666 and ask for our reservation department. In order to receive the special group rates that have been made available for Fastlane, your guests will need to call prior to January 20, 2010 and identify they are here for the Fastlane Event and dates of the event.

Rates will not be changed at check-in for any guest that failed to identify their affiliation at the time of reservation. All rooms remaining in your block will be returned to general inventory for sale to other groups and/or individuals after January 20, 2010. Any reservation requests or changes after the cut-off date will be accepted on a space available basis at the current available rate. One night’s guestroom and tax will be billed to each guest who does not arrive or whose reservation is canceled less than three days (72 hours) prior to arrival. Individual attendees must be advised of the Resort’s cancellation policy, which is three days (72 hours) prior to arrival to avoid a charge.

For your attendee’s convenience, please communicate that our check-in time is after 3:00 p.m.; check-out time is 12:00 noon. Guests arriving prior to 3:00 p.m. will be able to store their luggage until rooms become available. Likewise, guests departing after 12:00 noon should arrange to store their luggage with the Resort bell staff.

All incidental charges must be paid by each group member prior to departure from the resort unless advance arrangements have been made for direct billing of these charges. All charges to be billed to the account will be presented for review and signature by an authorized person immediately following the event. Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. A finance charge of one and one half percent per month is applied to the invoice beginning after thirty days.

Room Rates are $169.00/night as charged by the Firesky. This rate should be good for up to 3 days before and 3 days after the event.

All rates quoted are based upon the customer’s guestroom requirements as outlined in this Booking Agreement. Rates are based on double occupancy and there will be a charge of $15.00 per additional guest. The rates quoted are extended only for the dates stated in the booking agreement. For any dates requested outside of the specific group block, the guest will be quoted the best prevailing rate for individuals at the time. Rates do not include current city and state taxes totaling 11.92%. Tax rates are subject to change at any time based on government regulation.

Fastlane Room Rate Refund

They way we will help lower the costs for Fastlane attendees is that we will be giving back the first 8 attendees who stay at the Firesky, about $40 per night for 2 nights. This will be given to you at the end of the B&P. This is the amount that we saved for the room rental by contracting at least 5 rooms. In other words, we would have had to pay $500-$750 for the conference if we didn't get 5 rooms. So since we did get 5 rooms, we were able to save that money and distribute it evenly amongst the people staying at Firesky. The exact amount will be determined once everyone has booked their rooms. I'm sorry, but we can't extend this to more than 8 people and I'm sure you see why. Please let me know ASAP if you will be staying there to get on the list.

Firesky -
1 BFLBob, Runum
2 Montexan
3 Bilgefisher
4 Mtnman
5 Wildambitions
6 ZDS (maybe)
7 Shinyi ??

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Count us as #8! :banana:

We just reserved for 2 nights, Fri and Sat (they had all the info already, Bio)-- we may extend our stay if we can. :)

-Russ H.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Oye! Tough time booking.

First guy said there were no rooms left under our group. Then I explained that I had just received notice a couple hours ago. He said he was at corporate, and would transfer me to "Group Sales" at the hotel, who may know more. He hung up by accident.

I called again, and went to group sales. No answer, so I hung up.

Called again, and went to operator by pressing "O". I said, "I need to book a room for a function in...", and she transferred me before I could get anymore out. She sent me to reservations. When no one answered, it rolled to corporate reservations, who now DID have a room, at the proper rate, but only for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They are already booked full on Wednesday and Thursday.

Anyone else have any better luck? If there actually are rooms there for Wed-Thurs, I'd book. If not, I need to find another spot for me and my date, Runum.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Give it another couple days. Try by Friday and if they are still giving you trouble, I will bring the Wrath of Khan down upon them.

I booked Friday, Saturday and Sunday already. Hopefully, it won't cause a problem if there are additional days open that we can grab for Wed-Thurs.

Actually, there were rooms available for Wednesday, but not Thursday. It didn't make sense to check in, then out, then in again.

I'll check later in the week to see if things have changed.

(But I'd love to see the whole "Wrath of Khan" thing anyway.) :icon_super:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Put me down for one "Wrath of Khan" demonstration by Mr. Mike. :)

My booking was painless- ---one call to the number Bio put in his post, first operator who picked up had all the info, including all the days.

I didn't try for any days besides Fri, Sat, so I can't comment on that part.

But as a hotelier, I was most impressed by how well she handled the call (she was clearly not onsite, but presented it that way-- nicely).

When they found out that a child might be staying, she asked for her name, and asked if we'd like a Goldfish in the room (!). What a cool idea!

I originally thought she said "since you have a child, would they like to have a grilled fish in the room?" And I thought, what the $@#! would our little one do with a grilled fish? :rofl:

Bobbo, didja use the double secret probation number Bio lists in this last post? (480-945-7666)

That's the number I called. Pushed "1" for reservations, and the rest was a breeze. :)

-Russ H.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54[/ame]

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
The problem was probably Bob's NYC accent. Know whut ah mean podner?.:rofl:

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Up to 28 reservations!

Mystery person.... just purchased 2 tickets this afternoon....
please PM me w/ your name or the email address you used.

;)

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
What is the price difference between firesky/days inn? There is a Days Inn in walking distance right? Depending on the difference will determine where I stay probably. Also, if anyone is looking for someone to share a room with let me know.

-Zach

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
When they found out that a child might be staying, she asked for her name, and asked if we'd like a Goldfish in the room (!). What a cool idea!

I originally thought she said "since you have a child, would they like to have a grilled fish in the room?" And I thought, what the $@#! would our little one do with a grilled fish?

Bobbo, didja use the double secret probation number Bio lists in this last post? (480-945-7666)

That's the number I called. Pushed "1" for reservations, and the rest was a breeze.

Yeah! Sushi in Russ's room!!!!

And, yes, I did use the "eye's only" number, and the password ("Sasquatch-Boogers") while hopping on my left foot, while wearing golf spikes.

I, too, pressed "1" (the first time). I think it was intended to get me to in-hotel reservations. But it rang a few times, and then clicked, and rang a bit different.

In the background, I'm sure I was being passed through a line being monitored by the CIA. (I think I heard someone mention "Delta Squad" and "Tango" in the background.)

I mumbled "Sasquatch-Boogers", and was immediately cleared for conversation. The problem was that Agent #47 was in the company bunker at HQ, not in Scottsdale. And, similar to the recent "Terrorist on a Plane" incident, I was the victim of a lack of shared intelligence.

He didn't know what the folks on the front line did, but he was smart enough to admit it. His attempt to transfer the call to the front line folks fell victim to "Counter-spies", who cut the line before any info could be disseminated.

I'll fix-um! :frocket:

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I booked a room for the 19th and 20th (Friday & Saturday). They told me they didn't have any rooms available **at our special rate** for Thursday the 18th but did offer me a room for the first two nights at $275/nt...kind of strange. I suppose we'll stay elsewhere for the first two nights unless someone BRINGS THE PAIN! Mike??? How about marching some of those MMA guys over there??

Seriously though, thanks for lining up this deal guys....it's a great rate for this resort!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
. . .yes, I did use the "eye's only" number, and the password ("Sasquatch-Boogers") while hopping on my left foot, while wearing golf spikes.

I, too, pressed "1" (the first time). I think it was intended to get me to in-hotel reservations. But it rang a few times, and then clicked, and rang a bit different.

In the background, I'm sure I was being passed through a line being monitored by the CIA. (I think I heard someone mention "Delta Squad" and "Tango" in the background.)

I mumbled "Sasquatch-Boogers", and was immediately cleared for conversation. The problem was that Agent #47 was in the company bunker at HQ, not in Scottsdale. And, similar to the recent "Terrorist on a Plane" incident, I was the victim of a lack of shared intelligence.

He didn't know what the folks on the front line did, but he was smart enough to admit it. His attempt to transfer the call to the front line folks fell victim to "Counter-spies", who cut the line before any info could be disseminated.

I'll fix-um! :frocket:

Ah, so that's what you did wrong.

The password for today was "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie"

Tomorrow's password is Sasquatch Boogers---which, until midnight Tonga time today, was unknown by common pikers such as ourselves. So you got turned over to FireSky Internal Hemorrhage Securities! :eek:

-Russ H.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I will call them tomorrow and find out about the rooms. Seems odd that they don't have rooms available for Wed or Thursday. I'm betting they don't have them available at our special rate.

The Days Inn is about a block from the Firesky. See the map below for locations of everything that weekend.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Let me double check on the numbers to make sure I have them down.

If I stay Fri/Sat (the only guaranteed nights correct), it will cost:
328 - 80

Then +1 Room-mate

= 124/ person or 62 a night.

Correct? If I am correct on this I'll be booking tomorrow more than likely! :)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Let me double check on the numbers to make sure I have them down.

If I stay Fri/Sat (the only guaranteed nights correct), it will cost:
328 - 80

Then +1 Room-mate

= 124/ person or 62 a night.

Correct? If I am correct on this I'll be booking tomorrow more than likely! :)

You need to add taxes/charges to that.

And, as Bio says, that rate is only for the first 8 rooms booked, and only for Fri/Sat.

-Russ H.

PS Bio-- I'm guessing we need to keep track of who books, esp whomever is #8 vs #9? (time stamps on FireSky reservation confirmation emails, perhaps?)

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Alright, great. As soon as I get a response from Kwerner. We'll probably be bunking together, I'll book a reservation. Ideally tomorrow morning.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
You need to add taxes/charges to that.

And, as Bio says, that rate is only for the first 8 rooms booked, and only for Fri/Sat.

-Russ H.

PS Bio-- I'm guessing we need to keep track of who books, esp whomever is #8 vs #9? (time stamps on FireSky reservation confirmation emails, perhaps?)

As for the first 8, I believe we have them all filled. I was using the list of people who replied on this thread that said that they would stay there. Russ you are #8.

Firesky -
1 BFLBob, Runum
2 Montexan
3 Bilgefisher
4 Mtnman
5 Wildambitions
6 ZDS, Kwerner
7 Shinyi ??
8 Russ

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I was going to wait another day or so to give them time to get it together. heh ;)

I'm coming early, so if no rooms are available during the week, I'll hit the days inn and then relocate for the weekend... so I'm a GO on the list Bio.

Thanks for coordinating this!

P.S.- if I should reserve right away to help with your confirmation count, just let me know

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I am kinda confused. I tried to make reservations and they said that they could not give me the special rate for the Thursday night... I am trying to book Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Is the rate not good for the Thursday night as the reservation lady said?

I rearranged my whole trip to be able to accommodate staying here and now I cannot get in the days I need without changing rooms and paying more? What up wid dat?

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I am kinda confused. I tried to make reservations and they said that they could not give me the special rate for the Thursday night... I am trying to book Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Is the rate not good for the Thursday night as the reservation lady said?

I rearranged my whole trip to be able to accommodate staying here and now I cannot get in the days I need without changing rooms and paying more? What up wid dat?

Bio or OG will have to clarify, but I re read the posts and the discounted days are Fri and Sat, and they do not seem to have rooms earlier than Thurs.

You're not alone, I may have to stay somewhere else first when I arrive if there's no availability.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
bio or og will have to clarify, but i re read the posts and the discounted days are fri and sat, and they do not seem to have rooms earlier than thurs.

You're not alone, i may have to stay somewhere else first when i arrive if there's no availability.
argh!!! Lmao
EDIT: OK this is classic... there ARE rooms available on Thurdsday night for the rate of $169.00... you just cannot check in on that day. If you check in on the 17th, that rate is available for all the nights you stay.

And I can stay checking in on the Thursday if I pay $300.00 for a different room and then move to the group rooms...

Sorry, that is a scam policy and nothing more than getting more money out of people. Go figure... $330 and I come a night earlier or pay nearly double to come in when it is convenient. What BS!

OK, I am done ranting... thanks for listening. ;)

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ok, I just talked to them. Unfortunately, there are no rooms left at that rate for Thursday night. Those rooms are all booked up. There are rooms available at that rate for Sunday and Monday.

Unfortunately, I did not even think about it that out of towners would come in on Thursday, brain fart, so I only committed our group to Fri and Sat nights. So that is how we got the low rates for just those two nights. At the time of doing the contract I wanted to commit to the least amount of rooms possible to avoid getting stuck with the costs if not enough people stayed there.

So for those coming in early, I realize that it's an incredible inconvenience to you, but I would book at the Days Inn for Wednesday and Thursday and then move to the Firesky for Friday and Saturday. I can give you guys a lift from the Days Inn to the Firesky on that morning.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
List has been updated... WE ARE FULL!

Still want to come? We have a couple of options:

1) WildAmbitions has had a change of plans, and will not be needing both tickets. Get in contact with her to purchase her ticket. WildAmbitions, if this occurs, please let me know who the purchaser is so that I can update the list.

2) Shower me with gifts. I like: flowers, chocolates, yarn, candles, garden seeds, and regular compliments about how fabulous I am! If you impress me enough, I just may allow you in.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
The rooms should be $169 for 3 days prior and 3 days after the event. I have left a message with the Firesky and am waiting for a call back.
Yes, this is true BUT no more rooms are available to check in on that day. You can however check in on Wednesday and find that you will get the $169 price AND a room for Thursday...

Booked for Friday and Sat (which is filling up too, BTW) and am at the Days Inn for Thursday. Could not chance not getting a room and just could not swing the extra night stay at FireSky.

Bio and all there, I KNOW this is not you guys OR what you had arranged, I am SURE it is the hotel and my rant was just to the overall flow of life in general... no worries. We move hotels, no biggie. If they don't want my business when I need theirs... they don't get it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Bio or OG will have to clarify, but I re read the posts and the discounted days are Fri and Sat, and they do not seem to have rooms earlier than Thurs.

You're not alone, I may have to stay somewhere else first when I arrive if there's no availability.

Yes you are right. The discounted rates were guaranteed for Fri and Sat. Basically meaning that I would have to pay for them if not enough people booked. The 3 days prior and after, as stated on the contract would be discounted based upon availability and I guess Thursday is gone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.