The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2013 Beer & Pancakes

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Just throwing a feeler out there, does anyone know when the announcement usually comes out for B&P? I want to reserve my spot, but I would hate for the announcement to happen while I am away from the internet for a couple of days and me lose my spot. Anyone know anything?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Just throwing a feeler out there, does anyone know when the announcement usually comes out for B&P? I want to reserve my spot, but I would hate for the announcement to happen while I am away from the internet for a couple of days and me lose my spot. Anyone know anything?

I believe planning starts in October with ticket sales starting shortly thereafter.

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I believe planning starts in October with ticket sales starting shortly thereafter.

Thanks. I have already told my wife that I am going regardless of what comes up. Her best friend is getting married in mid feb, it'll be a shame to miss that...lol.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
Both Kenric and I are jammed with biz crap to do - so Kenric and I will be meeting with Andrew, Jason, and Boris to get this thing up and running. Andrew Alexander forceably volunteered that crew... :)

We will get details out by October 1st. FYI - there is a good chance we will be doing a smaller (30ish instead of 50ish) event for 2014. Feedback was folks would like to hear from everyone who attends. We haven't bottomed out yet, but that was largely the request from the last event.

Feedback? Get it in now if you have thoughts.

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
RealOG.

This will be the first B&P I attend. There is no maybe or I will try to make it. Once a date is chosen I will be there.

But what is the process like for getting the tickets? Will this be like a Beatles concert where the tickets will sell out in 3.14 seconds? If this event is limited to 30ish people will there be a lottery for those who wish to go?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
tickets sell out, sometimes people buy them then don't go so they sell them later on.

I think the amount we had last time was ok, but it was definitely the hard top limit

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Mrs jon will be joining me, you know why.

Would there be a problem with her not presenting?

no. She is welcome to any gathering, any time.

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
I've been waiting for the announcement for 2014. No way I'm missing this year. Last year I had a decent excuse, but there's nothing that'll stop me this time. I'd buy my ticket now if I could. The only thing that concerns me is the smaller number of tickets for an event that seems to be growing.

Any idea how ticket sales will go?

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
That's what she... oh never mind. We're cleaning this place up.

4v9L4.jpg

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Vegas?

Just curious - have you guys ever considered Vegas as a place for B&P instead of AZ? I mean I know there is tradition and all in having it in the same place every year (and some of you who plan and arrange it happen to live in AZ and would understandably prefer it there), but it seems to me that Vegas is better suited for a few different reasons. It's traditionally a preferred venue too for a large number of industries for the reasons below:

- Even though the event is about business, learning/sharing, and networking - Vegas arguably has more to offer as far as things to see and do (compared to Scottsdale) whenever we spend time together or not
- Vegas as a major airport, and flights in and out of it would be easier to find and more affordable
- Hotel accomodations are more affordable as well
- It's Vegas! :)

I'm not trying to put down Scottsdale as a venue, or make it all about saving money. But as we've seen before, money can be tight for some and prevent them from coming because of cost. I've also heard from others that they would prefer Vegas over AZ if given a choice.

So what is preventing us from considering Vegas? Pros/cons? Maybe set up a poll to see what the majority prefers?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I agree Vegas is very distracting. Plus a large group live in Scottsdale which makes it easy for planning things.

The only other place I think would be close, is Austin, TX. I know quite a few members live down there but I'm nit sure the mechanics would work as well.

I enjoy it being in Scottsdale overall.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
This debate occurred several years ago and it got a little heated.

Cons:

People want B&P in their neck of the woods. We started a poll and it was very fractured.
Forum members voted that have not ever attended and would not be attending.
The members, overall, do not want to organize and host it.

It has always been at Scottsdale.
Probably due to MJ and others living there.
The Scottsdale contingent consistently put in the hard work to organize and host it.
RussH also worked to organize and host a few years and he was from the SF area.

Do we really want to rehash this argument again?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I was pleased to be in Scottsdale last year. An invited guest to a dinner party that started long before I got my invitation, and likely will continue long after I am gone.

I didn't want to change the venue, as I was not the host. I didn't want to vote on the menu, as the food wasn't important (other than maybe it could have been a better base for a certain kid who turned 21 while we were there.) I didn't even want to speak, as I wanted to listen but the group expects everyone to participate.

Go experience what the true "INSIDERS" group really is all about. Instead of changing it, absorb it. I was outgunned, outclassed, and outsmarted by the majority of attendees... and I loved the whole experience. Crappy hotel and all. I also made some friends that I likely will have for a lifetime.

It's the most unique event I have ever attended. I wouldn't ever vote to change it.

p.s. don't feel bad for bringing this up. It comes up every year, and it is best to get it out of the way early.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Want a different venue? Make your own. BP is in Scottsdale.

D

DeletedUser2

I had an event in albuquerque, I hosted as best I could, provided a place, had rides for people, and helped coordinate it. it had a decent showing. it was simply because i couldn't make B&P.

put some money, muscle or mind behind it, you could probably draw people to you.

vegas is out for me

Z

D

DeletedUser394

B&P Europe, Paris Edition, June 2014.

lol, I'll be there for a month so I'm probably going to be too broke to set something up.

Scottsdale it is!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
B&P Europe, Paris Edition, June 2014.

lol, I'll be there for a month so I'm probably going to be too broke to set something up.

Scottsdale it is!

Not that im in to the secret or anything... But why would you plan on being broke?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.