The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2013 Beer & Pancakes

D

DeletedUser394

Not that im in to the secret or anything... But why would you plan on being broke?

haha, well basically I've rented an apartment in Paris and will be living there for a month. Judging by the price of everything there I'll eventually run out of cash.

Mostly just kidding though, no plans to go broke :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
p.s. don't feel bad for bringing this up. It comes up every year, and it is best to get it out of the way early.

Thanks.. Yeah I didn't know this had been brought up before since I've only been on the forum for about a year. But no big deal - I'm excited to go no matter where it is. :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks.. Yeah I didn't know this had been brought up before since I've only been on the forum for about a year. But no big deal - I'm excited to go no matter where it is. :)

I think what most people don't realize is that there is a ton of stuff to do in Scottsdale. It's not Vegas, but the nightlife is just as good if not better. :)

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Nightlife in Scottsdale exceeds Las Vegas.
The people you're with make it 100x better.

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
I'm a tad confused.. I looked around for a 2014 post for this and didn't find it but saw activity in this thread. Tickets aren't available yet right? I'm planning on being there if I can get one..

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Would definitely attend this if it's in Scottsdale.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Designated drivers are always needed and invited.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
ahahah... Sorry guys, I feel at least a little responsible for Eskil's request for Vegas.

He asked me about the event and I told him that it will cost him $8k+ ... so maybe he panicked just a bit ;)

I'm going to be talking to Mike (maybe even tonight) about all the details, so the tickets will be going up for sale soon.

Stick around...

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
It costed me and Mrs. jon less than 1k for both of us

ahahah... Sorry guys, I feel at least a little responsible for Eskil's request for Vegas.

He asked me about the event and I told him that it will cost him $8k+ ... so maybe he panicked just a bit ;)

I'm going to be talking to Mike (maybe even tonight) about all the details, so the tickets will be going up for sale soon.

Stick around...

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ

Stick around...

Lol.. No I knew you were kidding as we made jokes on FB :) Looking forward to hear an update.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Last year it cost me $600 to fly, $bobby.00 to sleep, $billy.00 to drink, and $steve.00 to cuddle.

The rest was comped from being a sudo celebrity from the discovery channel. All you need is pure confidence and a little imagination..

Pretty inexpensive overall considering

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Last year it cost me $600 to fly, $bobby.00 to sleep, $billy.00 to drink, and $steve.00 to cuddle.

The rest was comped from being a sudo celebrity from the discovery channel. All you need is pure confidence and a little imagination..

Pretty inexpensive overall considering

Well that post just lowered the demand for tickets ;)

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
Anyone know when tickets go on sale for 2014? I see that the dates for last year were posted on October 8th. I've been checking every day, and I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out this time.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Anyone know when tickets go on sale for 2014? I see that the dates for last year were posted on October 8th. I've been checking every day, and I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out this time.

I'm negotiating with the hotel this week into early next week. I'm shooting for early next week to make the new post with the purchase link on here. I'll update if anything changes.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm negotiating with the hotel this week into early next week. I'm shooting for early next week to make the new post with the purchase link on here. I'll update if anything changes.

Has it been settled that it will be reduced to 30 seats only this time? Although I've never been before, and I heard the understandable argument that a smaller crowd would make for a more focused group of people - it sounds like a lot of enlightened members might not be able to go if they're not quick enough to click buy when the stampede for tickets begins. :) With so many wanting to go this time, I imagine the 30 tix will sell out under 5 minutes.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Has it been settled that it will be reduced to 30 seats only this time? Although I've never been before, and I heard the understandable argument that a smaller crowd would make for a more focused group of people - it sounds like a lot of enlightened members might not be able to go if they're not quick enough to click buy when the stampede for tickets begins. With so many wanting to go this time, I imagine the 30 tix will sell out under 5 minutes.

We haven't 100% settled on the exact number yet. We are looking to open it up initially to 30, but will re-evaluate depending on presentation time slots and other factors. I know that last year I wish a few presentations could go a little bit longer.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
It really is a tight-nit group with a limited time for presentations.

I would make sure that you monitor the forum so you can get in on it early. That being said, there were a few last year who couldn't end up going, and sold their tickets.

One thing I learned from last year's B&P, is that everyone has something of value to offer. :)

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
So won't there be room for a lot more than 30 if not everyone presents? I feel like I need to learn, not talk. I would gladly pay to go just to attend the presentations and learn and talk to people.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
So won't there be room for a lot more than 30 if not everyone presents? I feel like I need to learn, not talk. I would gladly pay to go just to attend the presentations and learn and talk to people.

Though you may not know it, you learn quite a bit from presenting as well. ;)

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Everyone is required to present, as everyone has something of value to offer.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What hotel?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Most likely Chaparral Suites - we are still looking into it though.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I think they said motel 6...

R

I read this thinking it was Andrew and was thinking "your shitting me" haha.

Not that it would matter, wooed be nostalgic of the old days inn that Steve and I stayed at.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Update Thursday October 10th

*** This is not set in stone yet, so don't go booking hotel rooms or setting dates at this point (especially if you want a discount on the rooms) I will make a new thread when that happens***

I'm currently talking to Chaparral Suites in Scottsdale about POSSIBLY hosting the event there with meeting dates Friday Feb 21st, Sat 22nd, and half of Sunday, 23rd 2014.

So if all goes according to plan and similar to last year,

Thursday February 20th - Arrive in Phoenix.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights will be nights to book the hotel (dont book yet until I sign anything and get rates and dates locked in)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Presentations during the day
Sunday NIGHT February 23rd - or Monday morning if you want to hang out longer Leave Phoenix.

*** Once again, none of this has been set yet...just a heads up***
*** I expect to sign for the venue by next Thursday, and will create a new B&P 2014 thread to sell tickets shortly after I get everything set in stone***

Would everybody prefer if I posted in advance the exact time tickets go on sale - or should I post it as soon as I get things squared away with booking the venue?

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Reminder to everyone, try to book a day early and a day after the event. Tons of stuff happen before/after the event that's invaluable.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.