The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beer & Pancakes 2010 info

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Oh, is it a mandatory thing again where you guys would like everyone who attends to do a presentation on something?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Oh, is it a mandatory thing again where you guys would like everyone who attends to do a presentation on something?

to my knowledge a decision has not been made about this.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Doesn't bother me either way, just curious. I only know a little about a lot anyway. :)

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
the amazing thing each year I've attended is that there is always something interesting... at least one presentation that, by itself, pays for the whole weekend.

I recall two years ago these youngsters were worried about presenting cause they know nothing, and then blew everybody's minds with their stuff... --Russ could tell you all about it, I recall him being very impressed as well.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I recall two years ago these youngsters were worried about presenting cause they know nothing, and then blew everybody's minds with their stuff...

I was just telling that story to my local CASHFLOW Club over the weekend. They were AMAZING!!!

My take on this is...time permitting...everyone has something to share. Even if it how you go about hunting for a spouse (I usually put on chocolate and give her a 5-minute head start -- night vision goggles really help in sighting in your target). Take the time to share what you know.

The thing I've always found amazing is that MJ -- probably the most successful guy in our group -- sits there and takes notes on what everyone speaks on. You aren't speaking in public -- you are talking to your friends.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
I'm really considering coming to this. It may delay the date I leave for England by a month or two but I definitely think it could be worth it.. Opinions?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Come on down Icy. I have been the last 2 years and it is an awesome experience. You will walk on cloud 9 for a week afterward.

Warning: Attending B&P can be hazardous to your JOB!:smxB:

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Are there still room available for at least one?

I have never plan event so far away! Would love to join, since it's in driving distance from where I live.

Thanks WildAmbition for reminding me.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I think registration has been limited to around 30 in the past. It's also been the first people that pay their money can get in. So, Terance, gotta pay up to go.

Note: See the first post on this thread to find out payment details.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I was not sure if it's full. Off to get my ticket!

[UPDATE] Just booked my ticket! See you all next year!

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Just curious! Which part of Scottsdale will it be?

I don't plan to stay at hotel unless it's really far away from SE Gilbert.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
It has been held at the Days Inn near that high end mall in Scottsdale. Don't know where the venue will be this year.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Ok, let's go over this again, I know we've thrown out a few ideas... I want to book flights this week so I have ZERO planning excuses this time. ;)

I'm thinkin of flying in on the 17th to hang out, have some fun, casual discussion, etc...

Maybe fly out on the 22nd or 23rd. As of right now I'm really flexible.

What's everyone else thinking?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
My experience has been to fly out the day after the event is over, so the 22nd should be fine --unless there is another plan I am not aware of!

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I'm booked for Jan. 1 to March 31, just to be sure I don't miss anything.

I recommend you all do the same [if there was a golf smilie, it would go here].

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
^^^^ seriously! Geesh, you must still be makin more money than me... when am I ever gonna catch up! lol

So Jon's down to hang from the 12th to 19th....

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
^^^^ seriously! Geesh, you must still be makin more money than me... when am I ever gonna catch up! lol

So Jon's down to hang from the 12th to 19th....

Ya know it's funny that. It really is like he says in the Four Hour Work Week. It costs much less than you think to live your dreams.

I always told myself that when I get rich I'll spent my winters golfing in Phoenix. Then I had a realization last year that went something like:

"if I wait until I FEEL like I am rich enough, it may never happen. I could have piles of money and never FEEL rich enough to live and have fun"

I know people like that.

So I decided to turn it around. Decided to make fun the goal and the priority. Last year I booked without knowing where the money was going to come from for the trip... and the money came.

This confirmed my theory that there needs to be a leap of faith and the putting off of dreams until a certain threshold of financial comfort is reached, is a good way to waste my life.

If I want to "BE" a guy who spends all day golfing, then what actions can I take TODAY to live that dream? I realized dreams only grow in the present tense.

Last year was 5 weeks, this year 3 months. If I had waited until I felt like I could afford it, I'd still be looking out at the snow, probably for years to come.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Jon Lee Hacker said:
Ya know it's funny that. It really is like he says in the Four Hour Work Week. It costs much less than you think to live your dreams.

I always told myself that when I get rich I'll spent my winters golfing in Phoenix. Then I had a realization last year that went something like:

"if I wait until I FEEL like I am rich enough, it may never happen. I could have piles of money and never FEEL rich enough to live and have fun"

I know people like that.

So I decided to turn it around. Decided to make fun the goal and the priority. Last year I booked without knowing where the money was going to come from for the trip... and the money came.

This confirmed my theory that there needs to be a leap of faith and the putting off of dreams until a certain threshold of financial comfort is reached, is a good way to waste my life.

If I want to "BE" a guy who spends all day golfing, then what actions can I take TODAY to live that dream? I realized dreams only grow in the present tense.

Last year was 5 weeks, this year 3 months. If I had waited until I felt like I could afford it, I'd still be looking out at the snow, probably for years to come.

I agree.

When I moved to the Napa Valley, I did it in part b/c I wanted to feel like I was "on vacation" all the time-- be able to take a lunch break, but have it at Mustard's Grill, or munch on a baguette from the Oakville Grocery sitting in my convertible overlooking Opus One's vineyards.

Businesswise, I was scared. I was doing about 10-20% design, and 80% installation work. Since Napa was not really close to lots of installation work, I needed to shift my business model over to more design (something I'd wanted to do for a while anyway-- I loved the design part!).

A year and a half after moving to Napa, I had a shock:

I'd been doing 100% design work ever since I'd moved.

Really.

Seems like I had figured out how to take advantage of the calls that were coming in, and turn them into something I'd never done before: Dedicated designs, with others doing the installation.

That day, when it hit me, it was a very cool surprise.

And it's something that's stuck w/me since then:

If you have dreams, go out and live them.

You just may be surprised at how easy it is. :)

-Russ H.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I am not sure what the agenda will be.

How about let's set up a challenge to ourselves in the Fastlane way?

Let's set some goals now and work on it and report our achievement on the date we meet? I mean it's not about how much money you make in the next months.

It's about how much you achieve on your project or how much you improve your life.

Just a thought. I am setting my goal anyway!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
TErrance-

We actually set our goal when we missed *this* year's conference:

That by next year's conference, we would finish the largest remodel/B&B conversion we've ever attempted (a 20 room inn, joining 4 properties and 3 historic buildings, combined size of over 13,000 square feet).

. . . . anyone wanna guess what happened today? . . . :D

(go ahead, guess!)

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
. . . we're opening TOMORROW!!! :D :D :D

-----we got it DONE!!! (well, almost)

Got a single sheet (called a "Goldenrod") with all the signatures on it:

-Water Dept
-Health Dept
-Building Dept (need to finish 3 things)
-Public Works Engineering
-Public Works Inspection
-Fire Dept (need to move 2 smoke detectors)

. . . you get the idea . . .

Essentially, we have a few minor things we're going to get done next Mon/Tue (finish handrails, etc). The unfinished stuff is on the 2nd and 3rd floors-- so everyone has consented to us opening the first floor (6 rooms) for tomorrow night.

So tomorrow-- if all goes well, we may have our FIRST GUESTS in this restored architectural gem from the 1870s/1880s!

And by next weekend, all 20! :banana: :banana: :banana:

-Russ H.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
. . . we're opening TOMORROW!!! :D :D :D

-----we got it DONE!!! (well, almost)

Got a single sheet (called a "Goldenrod") with all the signatures on it:

-Water Dept
-Health Dept
-Building Dept (need to finish 3 things)
-Public Works Engineering
-Public Works Inspection
-Fire Dept (need to move 2 smoke detectors)

. . . you get the idea . . .

Essentially, we have a few minor things we're going to get done next Mon/Tue (finish handrails, etc). The unfinished stuff is on the 2nd and 3rd floors-- so everyone has consented to us opening the first floor (6 rooms) for tomorrow night.

So tomorrow-- if all goes well, we may have our FIRST GUESTS in this restored architectural gem from the 1870s/1880s!

And by next weekend, all 20! :banana: :banana: :banana:

-Russ H.

Pictures! Pictures!

Congrats Russ!:yourock:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content