The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beer & Pancakes 2010 info

D

DeletedUser394

Not to make light of your youth, but since you don't have those items, could you have one of your parents pay? You pay them or work out the arrangements (provided they don't mind). May make the process easier.

I live with my mother and she is one of those folks who doesn't trust the safety of credit card transactions on the internet. :nonod: Now that I think of it, I could probably buy a prepaid mastercard. I assume that that would be easier.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Right now, I'm the holder of the funds....

RichKid, anyway to use your parent's account and pay them? If not, send a PM, and I'll give you an address.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I'll still be 17 then. Can I still come regardless?:smx4:

I don't think that your age would be a problem. Never has been an issue in the past.

No issue with minors attending, but if you are attending without a parent or guardian, there are a few extra hoops to jump through.

If you are considered a minor in the US, then we will need:

1) Your parents/guardians to sign a consent form
2) A designated chaperon.

I know that last year, there were a few people that were willing to be a chaperon for a minor. So, RichKid... as long as we are able to get the above to things taken care of, you are good to go! ;)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
ATW is correct. The parent consent for needs to have contact info in case of emergencies.

Brootal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 30, 2009
Virginia
2 quick questions:

1) Can I attend even though I am not a seasoned investor / business owner? In fact I still work a 9-5 :nonod:. Is attendance for learning /networking only acceptable?

2) I am still to young to rent a car. How are those not old enough getting to and from airports / hotels/ events? Is there good public transportation / cabsn in the area of the event? (Sorry, Never been to scottsdale!)

Thank you! I am pumped

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
2 quick questions:

1) Can I attend even though I am not a seasoned investor / business owner? In fact I still work a 9-5 :nonod:. Is attendance for learning /networking only acceptable?

Sure! No problem. Just like this forum. Everyone has something to learn, and everyone has something to teach ;)

2) I am still to young to rent a car. How are those not old enough getting to and from airports / hotels/ events? Is there good public transportation / cabsn in the area of the event? (Sorry, Never been to scottsdale!)

Thank you! I am pumped

We haven't rented a car at these events, though some do. While we don't have a venue yet for 2010, we always take into consideration the needs of those that won't have a car. The meeting room is close (or at) the motel where people stay and it is a reasonable taxi ride away from the airport.

Plenty of people did some carpooling last year too.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
PHX is what we flew into.

Is there another one around there? Not really too familiar w/ area.... probably better for one of the locals to answer ???

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Phx is the major hub and would be the one you would probably get the best rate on a flight. You can get a taxi for a fair rate. IIRC, maybe $20 or so? Roughly...hard to remember. The ride isn't that long though, just a few minutes.

If you arrive around when someone else does, you could split the cost possibly. Or you could arrive around midnight like I did and miss the party...

sheeky

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
this looks amazing. Mostly, for the brilliant combination of beer and pancakes. The rest is good, but I think I'd pay just for that. I wish I'd be around for it

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Dispin said:
I'll definitely be coming but I'll book my ticket closer to the event, it actually starts the day after my birthday
Happy belated future birthday, Dispin! :smug2:

(. . . ow, my head hurts . . )

-Russ H.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Bump! When's the cruise?
Why? You going? Rumor has it there will be people singing karaoke, wearing thongs, and dancing the tango... altho I can't remember who's doing which! It's September 24. Departs Ft. Lauderdale 8 weeks from today. LOVE to you have ya.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Jill said:
mtnman said:
Bump! When's the cruise?
Why? You going? Rumor has it there will be people singing karaoke, wearing thongs, and dancing the tango... altho I can't remember who's doing which! It's September 24. Departs Ft. Lauderdale 8 weeks from today. LOVE to you have ya.
We won't be there (opening our new 19 room Inn! :) )

Have to say, the thot of bobo in a thong is rather scary.

(Some background: Growing up in a German family, I heard my grandparents talk about "bobos", so I knew what they were-- apparently, the actual word is "popo".

Translation of the above website.

-Russ H.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007

Thanks for the warm invite, but I'm scheduled to go to new england at the end of this month. Too bad to, cuz I can do all 3 of those simultaneously!

P.S.- will be at the next B&P though, in fact I'll be booking the flights when I get back if anyone wants to pregame (karaoke, wearing thongs, and dancing the tango) out there a day or two early. ;)

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
P.S.- will be at the next B&P though, in fact I'll be booking the flights when I get back if anyone wants to pregame (karaoke, wearing thongs, and dancing the tango) out there a day or two early. ;)

I've got my Scottsdale condo booked for Jan & Feb 2010 (still working on finding a place for March), I'll pass on the thong, but I'd be open if we got together for an Internet marketing summit a day or two early - maybe a mini-event before the full B&P?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Jon, you may end up with a full conference if you make an offer like that... See you there, BTW.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Looks like the google bots are really tuned in to this thread! :)

(be sure to read all the way across!)

-Russ H.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I've got my Scottsdale condo booked for Jan & Feb 2010 (still working on finding a place for March), I'll pass on the thong, but I'd be open if we got together for an Internet marketing summit a day or two early - maybe a mini-event before the full B&P?

Sure, when were you thinkin? I'm looking at maybe the 16th through the 23rd.

Focus?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I would be down for having a pre-B&P party err...I mean get together.

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
Looks like the google bots are really tuned in to this thread! :)

(be sure to read all the way across!)

-Russ H.

EDITED .... I've met so many people I truly respect, admire and feel humbled to call friends.

Thanks MJ!

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada

Bobo, I know your heart is in the right place, but please consider that advertisers are paying for your generosity.

Also, Google has very complex and accurate fraud detection algorithms and they will ban any publishers (like MJ) if they even suspect he has asked a friend (ie you) to click on the ads on his site... so your generous act, could actually backfire quite badly.

Just so you (and anyone else reading your post) doesn't get the wrong idea. As a rule, if you are sincerely interested in an ad, then click away, but if not... no touchy :)

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Sure, when were you thinkin? I'm looking at maybe the 16th through the 23rd.

Focus?

Sure, I'll be there all of those dates. I hadn't really thought about it at all when I mentioned it in my post.

Could be a day of presenting tips or techniques, or just casual brainstorming, or a mastermind format where we all present one problem and solve them as a group?

I'm open ... don't think I'm up to presenting a full day workshop or anything like that, but maybe I could be convinced if there was enough interest (or others willing to contribute).

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Sure, I'll be there all of those dates. I hadn't really thought about it at all when I mentioned it in my post.

Could be a day of presenting tips or techniques, or just casual brainstorming, or a mastermind format where we all present one problem and solve them as a group?

I'm open ... don't think I'm up to presenting a full day workshop or anything like that, but maybe I could be convinced if there was enough interest (or others willing to contribute).

Agreed. I'm down for something casual and not to formulated.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.