The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beer & Pancakes 2008 Info

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
re: Beer & Pancakes 2008 Info

Russ-

WildAmbitions and I will be rollin' in around 1pm tomorrow. We'll be gettin' ahold of Bob as soon as we get to town. ...Can we help with anything?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007

We arrive tomorrow at about 11:30. Will probably either rent a car of find a shuttle to the hotel - - - - then - - - - whatever!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

To anyone getting in tomorrow (Thursday)-

I'll leave my cell phone # at the front desk (BflBob also has it).

Call me when you get settled, and I'll have a list of things we need to do before the event (we can all take a few).

Gee, if you guys help w/this (something I didn't plan on), we may even have some time for dinner or CASHFLOW tomorrow night! :smxA:

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Hey, the gang's all here! (or at least most of us . . .)

Looking forward to an amazing weekend of sharing, growing, and learning.
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

-Russ H.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007

That's freakin' awesome! Congrats to all those who actually made it to the event. Count me in for next year.

:jiggy:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

Can't wait to hear the trip reports.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas

That's freakin' awesome! Congrats to all those who actually made it to the event. Count me in for next year.

:jiggy:

It's cool to hear people talking about next year already. Hope you do go next year. I went and will definately plan on going next year also. I had to leave a little early, so I plan on making it up next year by going a few days early and seeing if I can round up a couple of 4somes on the golf course.:smxF:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Edge-

Apparently you missed a few interesting events at the bar last night (I was putting our little one to bed, but I saw pictures this morning).

Something about "being a bad girl and needing a spanking . . ."

(and no, the "girl" was not any of our fastlaners!).

I suppose she was in her own fastlane of sorts, though . . . :cool:

-Russ H.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas

Edge-

Apparently you missed a few interesting events at the bar last night (I was putting our little one to bed, but I saw pictures this morning).

Something about "being a bad girl and needing a spanking . . ."

(and no, the "girl" was not any of our fastlaners!).

I suppose she was in her own fastlane of sorts, though . . . :cool:

-Russ H.

Hey, I thought no pictures were allowed, what happines at Beer and Pancakes, stays at Beer and Pancakes. :banana: LOL.

OK - So i'll come a few days earlier and stay a few days later.

When I landed at the airport and walked out in the 20-something degree weather last night around midnight, I decided I was definately going to do things different next year.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States

Hi All!

I just wanted to let you know we made it back safe and sound!

Our first leg of the flight got into Detroit 10 minutes early...
...but no one was there to move the walkway to the plane...
...so we sat on the runway for quite awhile.

We only had a 10 minute layover, and had to take the Tram from one end to the other.
Just as the doors were opening, the Tram malfunctioned, locking us out and everyone else on.
So...we ran the full length of the terminal and made our flight just in time.

Got in the SUV and headed home...
...but about 1/2 way there, all the gauges went dead.
I filled up with gas, and made it all the way home with no troubles, but we'll see what tomorrow holds.

At any rate, it was great meeting all the new folks, and seeing all the regulars again.:thankyousign:

Bobbo

(PS...Russ, can you make sure someone drops the games over at Rich Dad?)

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)

I made it home a couple hours ago. Got so engrossed in our afternoon brainstorming that I literally lost track of time. Apologies to those sitting near me who had to endure my colorful exclamations when I realized that I had just an hour to get to the airport, turn in a car and board a plane!! What did I miss??!!

I can't wait to post a few of the nuggets from this weekend. I've re-read my notes 3 x now. Twice on the plane, then once again to my husband (bless his heart!).

I'm trying to decide how much to share here online. There's just so much that loses its potency without context that I don't know if I even want to try to put it out there.

Note: To any of you who would like any additional information on my presentation:

I feel such a debt of gratitude to all of you who shared with us your stories and knowledge this weekend, that I would be thrilled to humbly reciprocate in any little way I can to use my stuff to fund your fastlane project. If you have any questions what-so-ever, please feel free to ask or IM me. I'm an open book.

Best to you all and THANK YOU for allowing me - a fastlane newbie - to play in your sandbox for a few days. You are a blessing.

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California

Just got home 10 min ago now 11:30pm in california. I would like to thank everyone that shared thier stories and ideas. Greatly appreciate it! Time is precious. You can't replace memories with money, but you can make more memories if you have more money. :smxB: I miss you guys already!

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California

Best to you all and THANK YOU for allowing me - a fastland newbie - to play in your sandbox for a few days. You are a blessing.
Im same like you Jill. Thanks for your story and for making it there. It was a pleasure meeting you and the others!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

I had an absolute blast. There are so many ideas presented that are actually implemented and making money. There are other ideas that are poised to make money. The brain power is phenominal. :icon_super:

More important to me is the feeling of validation that comes from hanging out with people that think like us. We can freely talk fastlane ideas without the judgments.

I really enjoyed the people and personalities. Everyone there was an absolute pleasure. If I had time, I could list something incredible about each person I had the opportunity to hang out with and meet this weekend. Even Rawr. :smxB:

Really Rawr, you are an absolute blast and the life of the party. We got your back. :cheers:

It is always one of my most enjoyable weekends of the year.:jiggy:

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM

Yves and I made it back too, at 0130 We have already scheduled two additional mtgs to get things moving with our internet idea. :fastlane:

The weekend was "freekin awesome!!!" What a liberating feeling to know that there are others out there willing to put it all on the line for you. And the feelings are mutual. You all touched me deeply. Can't wait to use what new information I have gained to catapult forward once again. I feel like I have made many new "best" friends. :thankyousign:

To those of you that did not make it from those of us that did...
JUST DO IT! :smx9:

That seemed to be "the phrase of the day."

slim_jim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 31, 2008
Columbus, OH

I've just arrived home from the redeye flight. A really long day and night with a crappy nap flying east. Wow was there a lot of snow on my car in Columbus.

It was an awesome weekend. People sharing personal things and business things that made you a better person and ready to move forward in your business processes. I was just doing a brain dump to my son about all the things we talked about, business things.... LOL. Putting faces to handles, great food, great conversation. Count me in again for next year.

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj

here i am sitting at the airport while i type this...

i must say that alot of this did not sink in until last around/after dinner time. its hard to put into words the feeling you get from a meeting like this. it was an eye opener in many ways.

a really interesting part was getting to know everyone during dinner & lunch conversations. the different paths we are all on and the roads we are taking to reach similar end goals is quite remarkable. (sonya & doug with their storage units, jill with her ebay business, robert with his asset protection strategy [excellent presentation], bill with his poker business, even getting to know everyone on a personal level such as greg and his racing car stoties, andres telling his story while hanging at the pool, lance & mike [one funny guy] talking about psychology after the bar...the list goes on)

i could write pages on this weekend and i can honestly say, i have not been to a seminar or meeting that has the impact and positive vibe which this meeting has had.

steveo, great apt tour I really appreciate it.

russ, you did a great job of structuring everything.

a big thanks to everyone, i'm already looking forward to next year.

ryan

ps - late sunday night i believe we were reserving colors for future lamborghinis. since MJ has orange, i chose red. i belive bill has neon gree, and kenrich would like silver ;)

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

For me the whole weekend felt like mental gluttony, but in a good way. The presentations were amazing, as was the food and the company. Throughout the day I found myself making journal notes about "a ha" moments as well as observations made and points to consider. I left with 3 pages of notes, not to mention half a steno pad filled. I learned so much on so many different levels. I especially appreciated how the seed of an idea could be planted, and within a matter of moments that seed would grow into a tree. The rarity of the synergy of our group was beautifully captured in Russ' presentation, and I left feeling that this meet up was more than a forum meeting, it was a meeting of kindred spirits.

I will post more later about what I gained from everyone when I have more time for reflection. (Busy putting all the a ha moments into action!)

imirza

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Jul 29, 2007

WOW . That just about sums up this weekend.

I am still recovering despite the fact I live right here in Phoenix and didn't have to commute hundreds of miles unlike most of you. And yes its a sunny 70 degrees outside :smxB:

It was quite an experience to meet so many wonderfully talented and driven people who have so much to share. I would like to thank every single person for sharing their wealth of knowledge along with their inspirational stories. It was great to meet people who share the same mind set and vision and are out there living and creating extraordinary lives rather than accepting a life of mediocrity.

I was so inspired and motivated that I already tied up a real estate deal this morning. More to come on that in the near future......

Some other things :

5 - the number of pounds I gained this weekend. Chocolate chip cookies, Yardhouse Burger , pizza and Baja Fresh were the main culprits. :smxB: Got to hit the treadmill !

9 - hours of sleep I had Friday and Saturday night combined !
12 - the number of Coke Zeros I drank :jiggy:Talk about caffeine overload !

28 - number of new friends I made .

infinite - the amount of knowledge that I picked up.

Thanks Guys

What happens in Dos Gringos stays in Dos Gringos

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California

What happens in Dos Gringos stays in Dos Gringos
LOL...And it should as one of our guys almost got smack by some girls... HAHH...I had to step in and stop them. Oh did i say that? :rofl:

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)

Wow, there was so much great stuff. I took something from literally every single person I met there. I wrote down a ton of notes on reference materials and websites I’d never heard of. I learned from some and was inspired by many. I’ll try over the next few days, as I re-review my notes, to post here some of the more poignant quotes and concepts of the weekend or things that I just didn’t know, starting with these, any of which could be a thread unto itself!

Quotes & Advice:
“If your life were a movie, would it be worth watching?” ~ Legacy Dad
“Don’t go to someone with your problems unless you’re prepared to offer a solution.” ~ WildAmbitions
“Determine in advance with your developer and hosting company who owns the content.” ~ SlimJim
“Plan to close on your vacation rentals at the beginning of peak season.” ~ yveskliensky
"Inquiries only hurt your FICO for 12 mos." (and tons-o other great FICO info) ~ Andviv

Concepts & Resources:
Naming your target market ~ CactusWren
Megapolitans ~ Michael Salkeld
Megan ~ AroundtheWorld (and husband)
Clicktail and blogs weight in SEO ~ Biophase
Challenges with 1031s ~ SteveO
Division of C-Corps and Attorneys+Accountants ~ RETaipan

I have many, many others. But wanted to save a few for later. This should be enough to leave you wondering what all you missed if you weren't there!

Legacy Dad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 3, 2007
Worldwide, depending on the month.

Thanks to Russ, SteveO and MJ for the coordination, tours, and nightlife.

To all the presenters, thank you so much!!!

I had a great time and learned so much. It was great to meet all of you and I am looking forward to seeing you again next year.

FOR THOSE THAT DIDN"T ATTEND:

You will learn more in one weekend than a year of reading books and participating on the fastlane forums.

You will leave with at least 10-15 ways to get on the fastlane

You will see it takes as little as $50 to start something and gain your freedom.

Just Do It!!!!!!!!

P.S. Mike and I are trying to find our own place to get a "Megan"

megan.png

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY

Incredibly inspiring to read everyone's feedback from the weekend. As I do each year after reading how well things went, I again regret not attending.

Kudos to ALL of you who attended and took action toward your futures.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

We made it back home yesterday. Thank you everyone for a great weekend. We look forward to doing it again!

Sue

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

[begin_sarcastic]I loved the way we all spent the whole weekend talking about how this recession is killing all opportunities, leaving nobody safe and we all will be broke. Also, how depression is coming, is almost here, how we can't accomplish anything these days, how nothing is worth anything anymore. How we need to contact our congress men and women so we can get our government to do something for us. [end_sarcastic]

It was awesome to see a couple of billions-dollar ideas being born and in practice.
It was incredible seeing a few ways to go from $50 to six-figure incomes so you can get seed money for your investments (I will be contacting a few people about that).
It was so much fun.... of course, looking forward to the next one. The positive attitude really inspires me a little bit more.
Bob, I need to send you some notes about your deal. I discussed a strategy with Doug, Sonya, Kenric and Imirza about your deal and I think it kind of makes sense.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States

Bob, I need to send you some notes about your deal. I discussed a strategy with Doug, Sonya, Kenric and Imirza about your deal and I think it kind of makes sense.

Andres:

I read your IM via email. That makes a TON of sense, assuming the old guy is insurable.

As always, I had a ball meeting everyone.

I'll still never understand why there aren't 20,000 people at these gatherings.

So many people are willing to spend $500+ to go listen to sales pitches...
...yet aren't willing to spend $99 to listen to 20+ professionals teach and open their books to them...
...and that includes the lunches! $99.00!

Maybe we need to go to $500???

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.