The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DEADZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 1, 2017
Digital Nomad
Hey guys,

For anyone that has questions concerning Instagram Automation and the Monetization of it...
I'm here to answer any & all of your questions to the best of my ability.

What I can help with:
  • Niche selection + Targeting advice.
  • How to optimise for conversions.
  • How to keep your (or clients) accounts & links safe.
  • Specific monetization methods & ideas.
  • And more...

A bit of a background about me & my experience in this automation game:

I started back in oct 2016.
Ran through about 1500-2000 accounts (proxies & a bunch of VPS's as well) from then up until now.
I'm currently running 700 accounts.
I currently monetize through CPA, Affiliate Programs(Blog & Email) & Ecommerce.
(I have sold social media services in the past as well.)
(By the way: I used to have a personal account with 140k+ real fans + Was paid regularly by Instabrand.)

Disclaimer:
All answers will be based on my own personal experience & opinion.
(which may contradict what other people say)

Tip - Ask detailed questions to get the most detailed answers!

All my answers will have this phrase in this color to help you find them!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
What I can help with:
Hello @DEADZ,

Currently I am in the middle of pre-selling a fitness garment for women. Through our posts and interactions, we are trying to target influences to get on board with our brand and product with the hope that when we start taking preorders, we will have an established following of influencers to back the product.

Since taking pre-orders is a few months out, we are trying to add value to the community with motivational posts and comments that add value.

Here are a few of my questions;
  • Do you have any other recommendations on ways to get influencers and our target customers to follow us? It is semi-difficult to curate content for our brand because we do not yet have product shots since the product is still in development.
  • Is generating content the most efficient way to obtain these followers? When we post, we get followers that are not really influencers or people not in our target market. Just not sure if I could be employing my resources to another strategy other than a content based strategy.
  • Any other ideas on creating content to attract our target audience?
I thought I had more questions, but that is the gist for now.

~Thanks in advance.

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
I'm definitely interested in this thread. I have been doing my own Instagram experiments myself for the last couple months, with my musician page, but want to shift my focus to the game I'm building. Currently I'm not quite sure how to build it up with out seeming spammy, or like an advertisement. I've actually started a comic strip (infant stages, but created the first strip) that corresponds with the game, hoping that if nothing else, the comic might be entertaining enough to help grow on its own.

I have a similar question to above though, how do you start growing something that really doesn't have any "product" yet. Even though I have 13 copies of the game, made by hand, the end product doesn't exist yet though, as we are still in the testing phase. However, we are coming up close and it'd be nice to build an audience first.

Cheers!

DEADZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 1, 2017
Digital Nomad

• Do you have any other recommendations on ways to get influencers and our target customers to follow us? It is semi-difficult to curate content for our brand because we do not yet have product shots since the product is still in development.
  • Is generating content the most efficient way to obtain these followers? When we post, we get followers that are not really influencers or people not in our target market. Just not sure if I could be employing my resources to another strategy other than a content based strategy.
  • Any other ideas on creating content to attract our target audience?

how do you start growing something that really doesn't have any "product" yet.

I would focus on posting geared towards your target costumers for now. While finding and engaging with influencers.

So your posts would only aim to get more exposure, build brand awareness and get a following at this point. With the end goal of having a solid foundation so that your fanbase will help you use the IG algorithm later on.

For posting I recommend using a "Hashtag Stacking Technique":
For example, Use 30 niche related hashtags on your posts.
10 - where the average like per posts (on top posts in the hashtag) are the same as your average likes per post.
10 - where the average like per posts is around 10-30% more then the previous 10.
10 - where the average like per posts is about 10-30% more then the previous 10.

This way when you post and (let's say) you average 250-300 likes on your posts already without using hashtags. You'll rank for the first 10 hashtags, then get likes from ranking on those hashtags which will help you rank for the 2nd group of hashtags, get more likes from those ones and rank for the last group of 10 hashtags.

What will also help:
Posting consistently + at different times during the day (this also helps you gather data if you're using the analytics) and try to use different hashtags for every post.

For growing a fanbase you don't need to have a product. A story, quotes, re-posts from other accounts are more than enough. Also having a variety of posts can also give you good data for, later on, so you can know what type of content works best for the audience.

If you decide to repost from other accounts:
What will set you apart is the description you use. Think of it as a personal conversation and try to get a reaction out of someone as if you're talking to them directly. So for example, if you re-post a funny video, react to it (shock usually works best) and finish with a question.

Engage + Overdeliver + Call To Action:
As for the influencers. Those usually have a lower follow-back ratio + engagement & response rate. So I would advise taking the time to research and find a few in your niche that is active with their fanbase (responding to comments, etc).

[Engage] Leave a comment on a somewhat older post, so that your comment sticks at the bottom and the post is not getting overflooded with new comments that will bury your comment away.

[Overdeliver] Leave a long comment (Think DM length) and finish with a question[Call to action].

Optional:
Followup by sending the same message to them via DM.
Like the picture.
Follow them (unfollow then re-follow, if you're already following).
-This should give you more presence in their notifications area.

Some advice from Gary:

And you can make HQ post from scratch using Canva: Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software – Canva

Hope it helps...

how did you successfully build up your audience?

Hashtags + Content
Engagement. Follow + Like 2-3 pictures right after.
Shoutout 4 Shoutout to anyone within a 20% range amount of the same followers I have.

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
Thanks for the reply. I've definitely noticed quite a few of the ideas you posted working for me in the past.

Are there any tools, apps, etc... you find handy and help you maintain so many accounts?

Thanks!!!

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
For posting I recommend using a "Hashtag Stacking Technique":
For example, Use 30 niche related hashtags on your posts.
10 - where the average like per posts (on top posts in the hashtag) are the same as your average likes per post.
10 - where the average like per posts is around 10-30% more then the previous 10.
10 - where the average like per posts is about 10-30% more then the previous 10.

This way when you post and (let's say) you average 250-300 likes on your posts already without using hashtags. You'll rank for the first 10 hashtags, then get likes from ranking on those hashtags which will help you rank for the 2nd group of hashtags, get more likes from those ones and rank for the last group of 10 hashtags.

REP+

^ THIS. Never heard of this before, but it makes total sense. If I am getting 50 likes per post and I my hashtag top post get in the thousands, I have not competition. I really like that.

And that you for the long detailed answer. I think @Scot may benefit from this as well.

One more question. Is there a good resource that keeps up with changes in IG's Algos and or keeping up with technical strategies like the one mentioned above?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Sportyw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 2, 2018
UK
Hey guys,

For anyone that has questions concerning Instagram Automation and the Monetization of it...

What I can help with:
  • Specific monetisation methods & ideas.
  • And more...
I'm new here and have a fair few questions for you, if you don't mind :)

• I have a niche specific IG page with 11k followers, growing around 500 per week when I'm active with growth. I'm yet to monetise at all, what would you recommend? Keep growing? Attempt monetising now, if so in what way?
  • You mention Automation? What aspects and using what? software? outsource?
  • How do you manage so many accounts? I would like to delve into other niches as I find growing accounts not too difficult, but not sure how to manage multiple ones
  • What's the average size of your accounts you promote from?
Any advice is greatly appreciated :) Thanks for your time!

DEADZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 1, 2017
Digital Nomad

Thanks for the reply. I've definitely noticed quite a few of the ideas you posted working for me in the past.

Are there any tools, apps, etc... you find handy and help you maintain so many accounts?

Thanks!!!

Actually the software/bot I use pretty much helps me keep track of + automate everything. Other than that I don't really use any other tools, apps, etc.

More details in the answer below...

One more question. Is there a good resource that keeps up with changes in IG's Algos and or keeping up with technical strategies like the one mentioned above?

There isn't any 1 solid resource that I can really recommend.

I personally try to keep my "finger on the pulse" if you know what I mean:
I follow people that I know are doing a lot on certain platforms - these people can range from blackhat spammers on random forums/youtube videos, etc to more famous "culture leaders" like Gary Vee/VaynerX, Seth Godin, even big Events, Books, etc. ( I say culture leader, because 1 new Gary Vee video explaining a new strategy for IG can impact the whole scene and how people approach their IG marketing, etc.)

I think this a good video that I'm sure will help a lot:

• I have a niche specific IG page with 11k followers, growing around 500 per week when I'm active with growth. I'm yet to monetise at all, what would you recommend? Keep growing? Attempt monetising now, if so in what way?
  • You mention Automation? What aspects and using what? software? outsource?
  • How do you manage so many accounts? I would like to delve into other niches as I find growing accounts not too difficult, but not sure how to manage multiple ones
  • What's the average size of your accounts you promote from?

Depends on the niche.
If its a niche that you can create a product for or know of an affiliate product/store that you can promote. Driving traffic to a landing page that collect emails and proceeding with an autoresponder/email campaign promoting the product would be good.

If you can dropship products from ali-express and sell to this niche. An E-commerce setup like: Shopify + Oberloo would do the job.

If you're not sure on any of the above and the niche is a somewhat more general niche. You can sell shoutouts. Either through sites like shoutcart or Fiverr (Tip: Also signup as a Fiverr affiliate and promote your own Fiverr gig, so you earn an extra $15 per shoutout from the affiliate program.)

I wouldn't recommend doing CPA or direct linking to affiliate products from sites like clickbank etc, as this will get your account banned in the long-run.

For the automation process (Follow, Like, Comment, DM, Posting etc), I use:
Bot Software for automating the accounts.
Dedicated Server for running the Bot 24/7.
A proxy server which provides me with 1 proxy per account. (All on same subnet)
Online Phone Verification Services.

The average size of the accounts can range from 4k up to 50k on average. Each account interacts with 2000 new people on average per day.

Sportyw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 2, 2018
UK
Depends on the niche.
If its a niche that you can create a product for or know of an affiliate product/store that you can promote. Driving traffic to a landing page that collect emails and proceeding with an autoresponder/email campaign promoting the product would be good.

If you can dropship products from ali-express and sell to this niche. An E-commerce setup like: Shopify + Oberloo would do the job.

If you're not sure on any of the above and the niche is a somewhat more general niche. You can sell shoutouts. Either through sites like shoutcart or Fiverr (Tip: Also signup as a Fiverr affiliate and promote your own Fiverr gig, so you earn an extra $15 per shoutout from the affiliate program.)

Thanks for your detailed response:)
The IG page is in the pet niche. I think I may try to build up an email list using a landing page and try to build an extensive lead list in this niche, do you have any experience with leads or landing pages?

I may also try to generate a lead list in the 'making money online' niche... Although crowded this market seems to be ever growing and could be lucrative.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be great and welcomed! Really want to get some online income going, just need a little direction :) thanks

DEADZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 1, 2017
Digital Nomad

do you have any experience with leads or landing pages?

Yes, sir. I use clickfunnels, thrive & elementor page builder for this. You can also use leadpages or other page builders.

I may also try to generate a lead list in the 'making money online' niche

That's a good niche for IG.

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
If you don't me asking, how are you able to gain 500 followers a week. I've spent the better part of 2 months going from 200 to almost 1000 followers. So about 100 a week. I've pretty much stayed away from follow/unfollow though.

Thanks

Sportyw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 2, 2018
UK
If you don't me asking, how are you able to gain 500 followers a week. I've spent the better part of 2 months going from 200 to almost 1000 followers. So about 100 a week. I've pretty much stayed away from follow/unfollow though.

Thanks
Basically what you've stayed away from haha! Followers assistant on play store, It's like £1.79 per month for follow bot, I follow up to the limit (5-6k), then run the unfollow bot. Obviously I post daily content, interact with others a lot, and post others photos (with permission and credit etc). Just stick within limits and be cautious and you're account will grow :)

Sportyw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 2, 2018
UK
(By the way: I used to have a personal account with 140k+ real fans + Was paid regularly by Instabrand.)
  • May I why you 'used' to or in the past on some aspects? Do these no longer work well? (Selling shoutouts etc), are there better ways?
  • Could I also ask what would be the best way to proceed from here? Obviously I have one 11k and growing account, but I feel like affiliate marketing requires diversification of social media accounts, to promote a range of products.
  • I would like to create more accounts and grow them, but i'm unsure how they are managed/ created (700 is alot haha), could you shed a bit more light on specific services or method's you use (Obviously I don't expect you to reveal all your secrets), to manage/ create/ grow and the outlay/ cost associated with these? I'm really not familiar with proxy servers etc, could you direct me to some reading or information on it?
If i'm asking too much, no problem, thanks for your help so far, i've been interested in earning through IG and you've showed it's still possible, without the need for millions of followers! :)

DEADZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 1, 2017
Digital Nomad

• May I why you 'used' to or in the past on some aspects? Do these no longer work well? (Selling shoutouts etc), are there better ways?
  • Could I also ask what would be the best way to proceed from here? Obviously I have one 11k and growing account, but I feel like affiliate marketing requires diversification of social media accounts, to promote a range of products.
  • I would like to create more accounts and grow them, but i'm unsure how they are managed/ created (700 is alot haha), could you shed a bit more light on specific services or method's you use (Obviously I don't expect you to reveal all your secrets), to manage/ create/ grow and the outlay/ cost associated with these? I'm really not familiar with proxy servers etc, could you direct me to some reading or information on it?

Life/Personal reasons. For example, the personal account got to a point where people stopped me on the street to tell me they know me from Instagram. (It got to a point where I didn't like the idea of not knowing who knows me.) + The account was hacked a few times. So when I say "I used to" do something, it's usually because of personal preference and not really about "methods not working". I personally believe that everything still works, you just have to be willing to adapt & be creative to keep them working. Like right now shoutouts still work, but there's a surge of "influencers" faking engagement and selling shoutouts and then delivering some fake engagement (likes, follows, comments, etc) using bots or smm panels. So knowing that some people are doing this, what would you do? Would you go down the same road as them or try to figure out a unique way to sell your shoutouts - while still knowing some people are skeptical about buying shoutouts these days?

You don't need a range of products. Especially if you're just starting out. It's best to look for a product that fits your account (not the other way around) and focus on promoting just that. Take the time and research to find a good high paying/recurring product and focus all your efforts on that one.

I don't know your account or its content, but here's an example of a good offer related to pets:
BarkBox Subscription - US/CA | Affiliate Programs, Offers

Also by focusing on 1 specific product/offer/niche, you're allowing yourself to collect data. Picture it like someone giving you 1 product to sell in front of an audience of 10k people. Even if you don't sell anything, you can get enough feedback which you can apply on the next product you try to sell. But, if someone gives you 10-25 products to sell to 10k people, the amount of feedback(data) that you can gather will be to scattered. (Maybe person A doesn't like products #1,2,3,4,5,6,9,10 but he/she would've loved 7 or 8. But you missed your chance because they only saw the other products - I.E. IG algorithm only showing your posts to a certain % of your followers.)

I recommend you watch this video "@2:50" it's about shopify but I'm sure it will help:

What I use:
1. A Social Media Automation Software - Atm costs me about $125 P/M for the license. This does everything, it allows me to profile the accounts, automate them etc down to every last detail.
2. A dedicated server running windows server 2016 that stays on 24/7 so the bot can stay on for 24/7. I log into this server using remote desktop from my computer.
3. 1 proxy (a private IP which you can assign to the accounts, so not all accounts are using the same IP) per IG account.
4. Sometimes I need to use phone verification services like smspva, etc if the accounts are asking for a phone verification.
5. A cloaking software. Which "camouflages" your links. So for example, lets say I'm running a shop on domain: johnyjohn.com and I want to point 50 IG accounts to that link. I can't because that will get my 50 accs banned and my link reflagged on IG (which means I cant use it again on IG). So I use a cloaker which lets me host a file on a another domain like jojohny.com and with this link I can protect my actual shop domain. The cloaker redirects any traffic that comes from IG headquarters or their bots to what we call a safe page (which is a high authority page like youtube, wikipedia, etc - this allows you to point at the same link from multiple IG accounts without getting redflagged or banned) and any normal user traffic gets redirected to my actual shop domain.

For accounts:
When you're doing it at this level. You can either make the accounts from scratch yourself and then "Aging" & "warming them up". The older the accounts are the more activities they can do, etc & warming up is when you let the accounts do small tasks like 1-5 follows per day for 3 weeks and then slowly increase those numbers over time. This is to protect the accounts from getting banned.

OR... You can buy already Aged accounts for $0.60-4 each (depending on age). I only buy 5yrs+ old accounts and use those as this gives me less problems & headache.

Hope it gives a clearer picture.

you've showed it's still possible, without the need for millions of followers!

It's easier to grow 100 accounts to 10k followers each then it is to grow 1 account to 1m. + It's 100 accounts each doing interacting with 1000-2000 people per day compared to 1 account.

This approach was commonly used on Twitter before IG.

But most people use this approach for spamming. While you can easily setup posting/re-posting campaigns & use hashtags to actually have legit value giving accounts and point them all to an E-commerce store and actually deliver value to your audience in the end.

giphy.gif

Sportyw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 2, 2018
UK
I don't know your account or its content, but here's an example of a good offer related to pets:
BarkBox Subscription - US/CA | Affiliate Programs, Offers
Again, thank you, thank you and thank you! You're providing some top quality help here! ;)
You probably won't believe this, but after you said earlier about affiliate marketing, I was just researching, before I came back onto this forum, for some relevant products and settled on trying to become an affiliate for that EXACT product that you just linked haha!

I like your model, seems to work well for you and scale-able! If you don't mind me asking, are you making a living from just these IG ventures? I mean im sure you're making something substantial! Since it's sort of "against" IG terms and you have to "jump" through some loop holes, is it sustaining well and legitimate to carry out?

Should I start some sort of Landing page/ site, to capture leads, then drive them to the affiliate offer I promote? What would be an effective way to drive IG traffic to an offer? Should an 'authority' site be created for various affiliate offers in that niche? There's so much jumbled affiliate information, I find it difficult to find 'how' I should actually proceed aha!

Again, any questions that you don't want to answer, absolutely no worries, you have provided a great and helpful insight!

DEADZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 1, 2017
Digital Nomad

If you don't mind me asking, are you making a living from just these IG ventures?

Yes. I work with a team of 3. IG is not the only thing we do though. Social Media Automation/Marketing, High Ticket/Commissions Affiliate Marketing and Cryptocurrencies are what we dabble in the most.

Since it's sort of "against" IG terms and you have to "jump" through some loop holes, is it sustaining well and legitimate to carry out?

If I was 100% blackhat then: yes, I would have more issues & more often. But I consider myself a Greyhat marketer, so I combine the good parts of blackhat marketing with whitehat approaches/setups. So for example, when spammers are getting mass banned (and losing hundreds of accounts at a time) at every new IG update - I usually get a few phone verifications and that's it. I've been running stable for 1 year now.

Should I start some sort of Landing page/ site, to capture leads, then drive them to the affiliate offer I promote? What would be an effective way to drive IG traffic to an offer? Should an 'authority' site be created for various affiliate offers in that niche?

Yes! That's a good idea. I recommend getting used to a landing page builder:
Clickfunnels or Leadpages is what I recommend for beginners.
For lower costs in the long-run: Thrive & Elementor for WordPress platforms is what I recommend.

Drive traffic via posts, stories & bio link to your landing page. Collect visitors emails and send them to the offer right after and also proceed to message them with 3-7 autoresponder emails (related to the offer) during that first week and keep the emails in your list for broadcasting other offers later on.

An authority site is not needed. But if you can provide A LOT of content for that site, then sure go for it! But a simple one-page landing page is more than enough. Usually, an authority page is used to promote multiple offers/products and is a longterm approach.

Sportyw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 2, 2018
UK
An authority site is not needed. But if you can provide A LOT of content for that site, then sure go for it!
Okay! Thank's again! I think I have a plan for what i'm going to do.
  • Create a WooCommerce Wordpress site ($5 a month hosting, $50 WooCommerce affiliate plugin - Unless you know a better way? ;) )
  • Create an Amazon Affiliate Shop section, filled with niche pet products (try and get a small income going, but also adds validity to the site and some content)
  • Purchase some PLR content for fiverr (One gig had 1500+ videos, articles, ebooks etc for $5, can rewrite if needed)
  • Create a free 'value' section of the site, like a blog or for example free dog training section where you opt in using an email, which will be the initial landing page, to create a lead list) - For this how do I actually create a list, ie, have a squeeze page, do the email opt-ins go into a csv file or something to be imported into an auto responder later?
  • Then aim to add other affiliate sections, ie paid training courses, recommenced products (that subscription box) and any other affiliates offers that look good value!
  • I will then drive traffic from my IG. I might look into Solo Ads to my landing page if i can find a good source. May also look into FB ads. Any other traffic driving methods you've had success with?
  • Hopefully I can achieve a break even on the first month, then aim to scale from there!
  • Hopefully I can then rinse and repeat the method with other Niches.... I know alot have success with Online Money Making Nice!
Thanks for your help, you've allowed for a clearer plan and direction for what I have! :)

whiz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey
Hi @DEADZ - nice to see you over here. I asked a couple questions and you helped me out over at BHW. I don't have time to read this thread now but I'm definitely coming back to it. Thanks once again.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Hey guys,

What I can help with:
  • How to keep your (or clients) accounts & links safe.
  • Specific monetization methods & ideas.
  • And more...

A bit of a background about me & my experience in this automation game:

I started back in oct 2016.
Ran through about 1500-2000 accounts (proxies & a bunch of VPS's as well) from then up until now.
I'm currently running 700 accounts.
I currently monetize through CPA, Affiliate Programs(Blog & Email) & Ecommerce.

Disclaimer:
All answers will be based on my own personal experience & opinion.
(which may contradict what other people say)

Tip - Ask detailed questions to get the most detailed answers!

Hi Deadz.
I'm about launching a motivational membership site (on helping achieve their goals).
I'm about starting an Instagram account for the site, to grow its brand and drive traffic.

What do you advise I do to grow the account maximally in the shortest possible time?

Key things I would like to know include-
>>What strategy I should use- is the follow/unfollow strategy advisable or are there better, more effective techniques? Detailed descriptions are highly welcome.

>>Which tools you recommend I use as a starter to optimize efficiency (social media can be such a time sucker), and maximize growth without running the risk of compromising my account.

>>Any other advice/tips you think is valuable to someone starting up and growing his IG account.

Thanks.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Instagram has too many motivational quote accounts. How could you do something unique with it?
--edit--
was supposed to be a reply to somebody else

Last edited:

Sometimes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 7, 2018
Israel
Hi thank you for doing this!

Ive opened my first ig account yesterday, can you give me some basic advice please?
My niche is travel and luxury.
My goal is to focus kn one account and learn how to make it grow at first.
I would appreciate your advice on things like:

1.how not to get banned? Follow unfollow? Likes?
2.how to get to my first 10k, bot or not?
3.hashtags?
4.can i log in to my account from different phones?
5.is it legal to take pictures from competitors?
6.how much to upload per day? The more the better?
7.good pictures sites?
8.is there money to be made with luxury travel niche? If yes, with what marketimg?
9.other advice to grow as fast reasonably and safely as possible?

Thanks again for doing this!

Last edited:

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington

Thanks
Don't do follow/unfollow.

Engaging & liking others posts can still be 'damaging' to an IG page.

It is very doable to do 20k-40k followers a month (obviously niche varies).

DEADZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 1, 2017
Digital Nomad

I think I have a plan for what i'm going to do.

Broskie... Very good...

200.gif

Thanks once again.

No problem mate!

What do you advise I do to grow the account maximally in the shortest possible time?

What strategy I should use- is the follow/unfollow strategy advisable or are there better, more effective techniques?

Which tools you recommend I use as a starter to optimize efficiency (social media can be such a time sucker), and maximize growth without running the risk of compromising my account.

Any other advice/tips you think is valuable to someone starting up and growing his IG account.

If you have really high-quality content:
Shoutouts.
Hashtag Stacking (mentioned above) + Powerlike round groups.

I can't recommend a tool, especially one that "maximizes growth without running the risk of compromising your account". If you understand how instagram works, you can make tool/bot/software work with it.

There's always a risk if you're planning to use something that IG considers spam.

Instagram has too many motivational quote accounts. How could you do something unique with it?

Think of a different theme to set yourself apart.
Use a good profile/bio setup.
Use photoshop, canva or something similar to create high-quality posts.
Try to think outside of the box. For example, Using after effects or something to make animated short videos or something like that.

How do you monetize it?

I personally do CPA, Affiliate + Email Marketing & Ecommerce.

1.how not to get banned? Follow unfollow? Likes?
2.how to get to my first 10k, bot or not?
3.hashtags?
4.can i log in to my account from different phones?
5.is it legal to take pictures from competitors?
6.how much to upload per day? The more the better?
7.good pictures sites?
8.is there money to be made with luxury travel niche? If yes, with what marketimg?
9.other advice to grow as fast reasonably and safely as possible?

1,2&3. This question requires a broad answer. There way to many reasons why your account can get banned to mention.

From my experience: You can get away with follow+unfollow until your account reaches 10k, after that you should only focus on Likes. (If you're doing automation).

+ 1 important thing is you have to respect the limits: 60 actions per hour & 0-1 actions per minute max is pretty safe.

I mentioned other methods above as well.

4. Yes, but it will give your account red flags and if you collect to much of these it will lead to your account being banned.

5. Depends on the competitor. If you're using trademark/copyrighted material or not, etc. People are always allowed to report you for stealing their personal pas wells aswell.

6. 3-6 with hours in between. If you post to much, people will unfollow, especially if its not high quality.

7. Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.

8. Yes. High ticket luxury affiliate products or dropshipping.

9. Mentioned above.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Lots of good information posted here - a lot of this seems to be just gaming IG system without any real value add.

Also, one of the first things mentioned on BarkBox is that it cannot be promoted via Insta

Sometimes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 7, 2018
Israel
Don't do follow/unfollow.

Engaging & liking others posts can still be 'damaging' to an IG page.

It is very doable to do 20k-40k followers a month (obviously niche varies).

Can you explain?
Im having hard time getting 70 subs a day.

DEADZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 1, 2017
Digital Nomad

Lots of good information posted here - a lot of this seems to be just gaming IG system without any real value add.

Also, one of the first things mentioned on BarkBox is that it cannot be promoted via Insta

True. I'm just answering what people are asking.

The Barkbox was just an example I mentioned based on the person's question. The idea was to use offervault to find an affiliate offer related to your niche. + The bark box "subscription" offer doesn't allow Instagram (Probably because the LTV of the subscription is not worth it to the advertiser). But the "CPS" offer that pays $6.50-$24 on sale, doesn't mention not allowing IG.

Promoting Barkbox (or any offers) directly on IG is not recommended by most networks.
Beginners will just direct link & spam the offer causing a lot of troubles for the network + the advertisers brand in the long-run. + IG raw traffic is considered pretty cold and won't convert well on direct linking an offer like this.

The proper way to do it would be directing your IG traffic to a landing page/blog and collecting emails and having a followup series in your autoresponder to warm up the traffic and get better conversions + quality leads for the network & advertiser.

OAK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 13, 2017
Phoenix
DEADZ a few questions:

Quick backstory:

My company offers web design services but I am also branching out into online marketing like social media and SEO.

My recent client didn't need my services for web design but wants me to work on social media. I told him I will post and build his instagram/facebook and we will see if there is an increase in customers using analytics as a test.

His niche is restaurants, mexican restaurants to be exact. He has four locations that sell really good Raspados (mexican ices). As an instagrammer, what is the best method for gaining followers for a restaurant? What kind of hashtags do I use for the local area I am in (Phoenix and Tuscon are where his restaurants are in Arizona). Also, what tool do you use to track click through and what analytics I should be tracking for this industry? I heard hoot suite is decent.

We have already posted pictures of food but we will probably do pictures of promotions as well. I am unsure what hashtags and who to be following as a restaurant/where to go about finding restaurants. Maybe just restaurants in the area and following them?

Sometimes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 7, 2018
Israel
If following 30/per hour how much is responsible to like at the same time?
Also where to target the likes?
Hashtags/people that follow niches similar to mine etc..?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.