The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC Ask Me Anything - Facebook Ads [2M+ Ad spend]

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Itsmeantonios

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 28, 2020
Canada
I'd like to start doing some facebook ad runs for my small business I'm trying to raise local awareness of.

It's an in-home service so I really only want to target people in my local area. From my understanding, since almost no one knows I exist, I would want to do an awareness campaign? I don't have a company website at the moment, just a Facebook Page set up for my business with my services, photos, etc. I was thinking of targeting people in my local area with kids. My business is focused on home stuff and kids make for a messy home which I believe my services are very applicable to.

I don't have anything for them to buy, since it's service based, nor do I have a way for them to book an appointment on my Facebook page as each client's needs could vary wildly, and they wouldn't know how much time they would need from me. I put my email, phone number, whatsapp all easily accessible on the page though so I am just trying to drive people there to raise awareness of my services.

Just looking for a bit of guidance for if this is what I should do as a first test run on their platform...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Do you put your left shoe on first, or right shoe?

simplysi

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 24, 2020
Las Vegas
Hello Pritesh,
I hope this finds you doing well and healthy in these unchartered times, from your name I’m guessing you are from one of my favorite places - (where I travelled EXTENSIVELY) - on earth - so Namaste!

For the past 25 years I’ve successfully created in front of & sold spray paintings around the world. A Successful Sidewalk (literally!) Spray-Paint Artist NEEDS help with e-Commerce- due to CV -19 and police regs I can no longer do this where I live in Las Vegas.

Put me in any police free- good weather- tourist hotspot and within minutes I have a crowd and pockets full of money and happy people walking away from a fair exchange :))

So in April I went to Udemy and took the top rated courses in FB& YT ads, also a course by a very successful online artist of how to grow a FB page and sell online-

Three months of intense study I was bubbling with energy apply my new found knowledge!

Three months later -after various giveaways, building my FB page to 550 “fans”, Monthly Promotions, daily content updates- almost zero engagements per ORGANIC post- (So much for the FB Page course!)

Alongside this front of attack - I tried to place YT ads (I know not you’re but hear this) for 3 months tried 8 different iterations of ads - each would not show- after following JC’s course to the letter- so contacted him - he looked at my back end- HE could not figure it out - so went to Google- they FINALLY after weeks - different tiers of reps- because I used the line “For the first time ever in 25 years due to CORONAVIRUS I’m offering my art online!”

YES we cannot mention CV19 in Google Or YouTube
- the funny thing the next day they put a note on all the ads this was the reason- NOTHING before- so 3 months held up because of this.

Edited the ad I wanted to run and 10 days later good figures back! Was a Traffic ad to build Website Visitors- so when above 1000 will retarget them.

On the third front I have run FB ads as follows:

Engagement 3 times and three ads and ad sets - $2-3 a day (to promote the Monthly Giveaway) 1 cent CPC - The giveaway I announced a day before, then two hours before and the only people turning up were friends from childhood!

The Course I took all recommend this tactic - so when I saw 4-5K Engagement figures WOW I NAIVELY thought = all those people coming to watch the Giveaway and they’ll buy If they don’t win!!!

Page Likes - was happy with this as getting Page Likes for 25 cents a click -

Then also Ran Conversion Ads - as very little traffic to my website I checked Google Analytics and around 300 since opened - so instead of Sales - I set Campaign for Add To Cart & List Content

So five months of trying and ZERO sales
- the Engagement Campaigns even though I put for interests Street Art -Graffiti - Banksy etc (as no particular category in Interests for spray paint art even though MILLIONS of views on Social Media- not me at this stage!) ALMOST zero interest in a FREE painting or coming to my page and watching videos!

The guys that run the FB ads course I took RAVE about Engagement ads and yet I’ve heard since they are not the best ROI- I’d love to hear your real world take on this too, please.

I NEED a plan of action - I have tried and failed miserably - and running out of time and money fast.

I saw in this thread you recommend Conversion ads - Optimized For Views-

Would you recommend the same for my situation - with A: Very little website traffic B: Limited Budget C: Limited real world experience and not wanting to throw money away - as I have so far

I would happily spend a grand a month on ads IF it brought back a healthy return after all my overheads.
So any advice you can give-

For your time answering this - please go here and choose a picture I’ll send to you Pritesh
Home Of The Original Times Square Spray Paint Artist - Spray Paint Art

All the best Simon

MaxT

New Contributor
Oct 22, 2020
If I want to promote a mobile application for android and / or ios, do I choose Facebook Ads or Google Ads? I specify that I am alone and not yet have a lot of means to invest in advertising credits. What strategies do you suggest to me? Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom