The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(Article) Facebook to focus on groups and messaging

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
They’re going to do away with the News Feed. Quite a big move, and surely this will create opportunities for those paying attention.

I think it makes sense to focus on groups and messaging... just from my own experience:
  • I went looking for a Facebook groups app last year and was disappointed to find it had been discontinued.
  • I have a plugin on my PC that eradicates my newsfeed and I just use the PC for Facebook groups, and Facebook messaging.

Here’s the article:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m wondering when they will roll out paid Facebook groups to all. I believe it’s in beta for some.

I don’t understand why Facebook isn’t all over paid groups.

I’m sure there’s a lot of subscription software processing a lot of money worldwide for people to be in paid Facebook groups. And the admins of those groups have the headache of manually adding and removing people.

If Facebook introduced paid groups then surely they’d make a bit of money by taking their cut of the subscription fee?

I wonder if there’s an forum app out there that people join using their Facebook ID, and that has the familiar interface as Facebook so the learning curve is low. If there is then they’d be able to fix all the annoying niggles.

@MJ DeMarco has been complaining for a long time about the forum software out there. I’m sure he’s not the only one doing so...

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I’m wondering when they will roll out paid Facebook groups to all. I believe it’s in beta for some.

I don’t understand why Facebook isn’t all over paid groups.

I’m sure there’s a lot of subscription software processing a lot of money worldwide for people to be in paid Facebook groups. And the admins of those groups have the headache of manually adding and removing people.

If Facebook introduced paid groups then surely they’d make a bit of money by taking their cut of the subscription fee?

I wonder if there’s an forum app out there that people join using their Facebook ID, and that has the familiar interface as Facebook so the learning curve is low. If there is then they’d be able to fix all the annoying niggles.

@MJ DeMarco has been complaining for a long time about the forum software out there. I’m sure he’s not the only one doing so...

According to the article they're not completely doing away with news feeds, though this is a major change. I wonder how it will affect FB ads. News feed ads are a major money maker. The article mentions groups being featured and also promoting similar groups. Will they allow advertising within groups? Will we be able to target people who are members of specific groups? I'm curious to see where this goes.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
But how about Market Place becoming more like ebay? :arghh:

I read somewhere that p2p marketplaces like Craigslist don't accept payments for selling things
because of huge amount of fraud that it brings.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just came across this facebook 5 update video - sounds promising. Especially being able to process payments within groups.

Great find. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah... I’m really interested in these changes and the opportunities for business owners who jump on them before the masses.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Just came across this facebook 5 update video - sounds promising. Especially being able to process payments within groups.

So FB wants to compete with amazon.

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Been hearing rumors of these trends for a while and knew it was true based on where the activity is on Facebook.

Makes sense as messaging and groups create much more engaging and meaningful interactions than the newsfeed - turns out even though social media can naturally disconnect us at times, people are moving towards the parts that allow for more authentic connections

Also from a marketing standpoint Messenger is where it's at - it's where all of the growth is at and where people are spending more and more of their time. Newsfeed plateaued in the last year or two

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
As a slightly unrelated side note, I wish FB actually had a help line or chat. I’d wait 8 hours on hold for it, I’ve been a week trying to get a username unlocked that was mine. All you can do is keep spamming them with the problem report form, to which they do not reply. Their customer service dept. must seriously be 1 guy that died years ago in his cubicle and nobody ever checked on him.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Yeah, I gave up, just make another account under the same name. I used to sell washers and dryers under the name Ken Moore but they blocked me. Wanted to see a picture of my id. Competition prolly turned me in :innocent: :halo:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.