The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are many members here not fastlaners?

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
As I read your posts at the beginning of my time in the forum, I thought many times,

Why isn't he a millionaire yet?

He is helping many people for free with valuable information that others sell it for $2999 courses. Why isn't he doing that? Is it because he already made millions and doesn't care?

Why doesn't he speak about his exit event?

Later, I came across one of your threads in which you posted a video of you and your little boys playing ball at noon during a weekday.

You wrote something along the lines of 'Not many parents could do this today as they are working in their offices. But I am happy to spend my time with the kids'.

Reading that and later about your lambo, I realized you don't care about becoming a millionaire.

You love to spend time with your kids at any moment you wish and you love to help more number of people.

It's then I realized, fastlane is different for each person.

Yeah, @Andy Black, you're pretty amazing. Thanks so much for your support!!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Fastlane means different things for different people..... I may not be a millionaire and I drive a 10 year old SUV but I wake up every day at any time I want, go to movies, a bit of work, play with puppy in a half million dollar home paid for with passive business systems. Lots of people here live like this.

For some people, they would want more. And I still do and have plans to expand- but I think I live fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Why are you attacking me for asking a simple question to clear my doubt?

It wasn’t to attack you - it was to ask you why you would doubt it in the first place?

You got some random comment on a thread years ago versus 1000s of threads on here showing people taking massive “fastlane” action.

It is like showing up in a full stadium and asking someone “does anyone come here - I heard only four people...?”

I know you meant well but I struggle to see how you can’t see 100s of people applying Fastlane principles on these forums.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m not a millionaire. I’d better remove all my Google Ads threads.
The point of my statement was: does someone have to be a millionaire to provide value?

It wasn’t an attack on you, it was to show how absurd that thinking is.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I have floated in and out of this forum, sometimes because to be honest I didn't want to show up and do the work I needed to truly hit the fastlane (both from a mindset and implementation level) and so I'd basically stop turning up so I didn't have to confront that. Other periods have been because I'm knee deep in implementation and don't have the time.

One thing this forum has done for me that no other one has is truly kept me accountable. People don't hold back. They say it as it is. They direct people towards the fastlane and aren't afraid to call people out when they say they want to be there, but then come up with a 101 excuses when the opportunity is presented to them to get going.

I don't know how successful many of these people are, but I have seen them nudge people out of inaction and inspire progress in ways I don't see in any other forum or FB group I've been in. I'm inspired by the names here who have achieved, but what is even more powerful is the way this forum truly empowers its members... if they want it

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
So I consider pretty much 99% of the people here as "Fastlane".

youre kind!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
The kind of thinking in this forum is unique!
And if there ar only 5 millionaires in here - who of the important people in my life care? None!

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 7, 2015
First of all, if you want an answer to the question then define fastlane. It is obvious that different people have different definitions. Several of the definitions put forward in this thread stray from my interpretation of what MJ defines as fastlane.

I would guess that very few members of this forum have a business which adheres to a strict definition of 'fastlane'. I would describe my business as a lifestyle business, not a fastlane business.

However I have taken some elements of fastlane and used them to mold my business into what I want it to be. Fastlane is a sort of a toolbox. I use some of the tools, not all. Does that make me a 'fastlaner'? It depends upon your definition.

Icecreamchild

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Nov 13, 2019
First of all, if you want an answer to the question then define fastlane. It is obvious that different people have different definitions. Several of the definitions put forward in this thread stray from my interpretation of what MJ defines as fastlane.

I would guess that very few members of this forum have a business which adheres to a strict definition of 'fastlane'. I would describe my business as a lifestyle business, not a fastlane business.

However I have taken some elements of fastlane and used them to mold my business into what I want it to be. Fastlane is a sort of a toolbox. I use some of the tools, not all. Does that make me a 'fastlaner'? It depends upon your definition.

I define Fastlane as divorcing time from money. ( aka passive income)

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Fastlane means different things for different people..... I may not be a millionaire and I drive a 10 year old SUV but I wake up every day at any time I want, go to movies, a bit of work, play with puppy in a half million dollar home paid for with passive business systems.
That's me too, except for the passive part.

I haven't followed the "traditional/popular" Fastlane approach, which is the main reason I don't hang out here a lot any more. I just don't have the focus and productivity to create my own product, marketing, business, etc. and I felt like a bit of a fraud here.

But I haven't had a "real" job in 30 years. I work about half-time on my actual income-producing activities (consulting, training, rentals) and spend some time on other more hobby-ish activities that might turn a significant profit some day. I work out of my custom lakefront home with a view of the water from my office. My commute is "roll out of bed (when I feel like it) and go downstairs." I have tons of freedom and free time, and I still make a low-6-figure income. I'm working on several things to increase that income level but I'm comfortable where I am.

So I don't have a $10M ecommerce biz or anything like that, and most of my income is tied to my time. But I think I qualify as Fastlane.

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 7, 2015
I haven't followed the "traditional/popular" Fastlane approach

But I haven't had a "real" job in 30 years. My commute is "roll out of bed (when I feel like it) and go downstairs." I have tons of freedom and free time, and I still make a low-6-figure income. I'm working on several things to increase that income level but I'm comfortable where I am.

So I don't have a $10M ecommerce biz or anything like that, and most of my income is tied to my time. But I think I qualify as Fastlane.

Holy shit! I think you may be me. Even right down to the 30 year part.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I haven't followed the "traditional/popular" Fastlane approach, which is the main reason I don't hang out here a lot any more. I just don't have the focus and productivity to create my own product, marketing, business, etc. and I felt like a bit of a fraud here.

But I haven't had a "real" job in 30 years. I work about half-time on my actual income-producing activities (consulting, training, rentals) and spend some time on other more hobby-ish activities that might turn a significant profit some day. I work out of my custom lakefront home with a view of the water from my office. My commute is "roll out of bed (when I feel like it) and go downstairs." I have tons of freedom and free time, and I still make a low-6-figure income. I'm working on several things to increase that income level but I'm comfortable where I am.

Congrats. I'd call you "Unscripted " -- a more pragmatic evolution of what is loosely thrown around here as "Fastlane."

Unscripted is more focused on the freedom aspect, FASTLANE is about the business with the potential for big money. If someone is more concerned with freedom vs big business/money, Unscripted is the much better book. IMO, it is the better book period, but hey, maybe I'm biased --today-me is much different than ten-year-old me.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Unscripted is more focused on the freedom aspect, FASTLANE is about the business with the potential for big money. If someone is more concerned with freedom vs big business/money, Unscripted is the much better book. IMO, it is the better book period, but hey, maybe I'm biased --today-me is much different than ten-year-old me.

I think so too. For me, Unscripted was deeper and made me think about life a lot more. But that was the purpose anyway I suppose. I read it in English and TMF was already translated to Estonian, I usually prefer the original language so no point goes missing. Freedom is the most important thing in life. Building a business is the best way to pursue this freedom.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
In the end of the day, does it really matter? Having been active in this forum for about 3 months now, I came to realize that the biggest ROI I get from being active on here, is the posts that I write up myself.

Yes, its not even reading other peoples threads and getting "Silver Bullet Ideas" or anything like that.

Sure, sometimes people respond to my posts or my thread and I really take value from it. But the by far bigger portion of value comes from the fact that I take the time to write up my posts and while im doing so, thinking about business, fastlane etc etc...

Thats where the real value lies in my opinion.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
My opinion is that an individual that has had a mental revolution in terms of self-awareness, discipline and sophistication in problem solving is someone who is fastlane. That person may not be “rich” but its my opinion that that person would eventually make it. someone that can taught and mentored yet has a level of independence where they are self directed and can create their own ideas.

if you havent found the success you wanted its probably an individual issue not an external one.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I’m similar. My revenue is the same as twenty years ago, but on a fraction of the time, and without a commute. I’m also slowly building a team and other income streams that aren’t tied to my time. I don’t feel like a fraud here, I feel right at home.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I first read OP's name as @IceCreamKid and was quite confused why he would ever ask something like this... but then I checked again.

Having to ask that question, for me, shows a lack of time spent reading through the literal goldmines of threads on here. But I think others have already made that point clear to the OP.

TMF and this place here are what gave, and still give, me a sense of hope and a feeling of not being crazy or alone.

When I first started reading TMF years ago, I was just starting out working my first job after graduation. I was 17 back then, ten years ago, and those were my first real experiences in the "adult world".

I saw all those young people in their mid to end twenties in the offices and front reception of the bank I just started working at, wearing suits, and ties around their neck, talking about finance stuff and sales conversations they just had with customers.

17 year old me was standing right in midst of all of them. Wearing a suit myself, a cheap one of course, and a tie around my neck that I had to adjust every few minutes, because it started to itch.

In the first days I was fascinated by this new world. I felt like an adult.

I was shown how to do the tasks a new apprentice usually did, mundane things like doing the inhouse mail. Aswell as working at the bank counter, doing transfers for customers, doing withdrawals and deposits for them, and referring customers or potential customers to coworkers when they were interested in a product.

This fascination and excitement of my first job wear off pretty quickly.

Don't get me wrong, the job was pretty okay. The coworkers were fine people. We had a lot of fun at that bank branch. The job, though? It just didn't interest me.

I remember sitting there at the desk and thinking: that's it? That's life now? Going to work every morning for five days a week, for the next, what? 40 years?

Everyone around me, be it friends or coworkers, seemed at least half-way interested in their jobs. Their careers. But I just... didn't care. It felt so... pointless?

Then I read TMF. And joined this forum.

I don't remember many times in my life so far, that I felt so understood as while reading MJ's words. Not just understood, also feeling not alone. I was not the only one who thinks like this. And there is nothing wrong with me or with thinking like this.

Before reading TMF I couldn't quite put a finger on how I felt. Why I just couldn't bring myself to be interested in a job. Since reading it, and many, many posts on here, I regard the Fastlane/Unscripted mindset as invaluable.

I'm not anywhere near my own Fastlane business, yet.
Quite the contrary, I'm struggling with finishing something which I don't even know if it has the potential to be Fastlane: writing a novel that I started writing about 2 years ago.
I bought Unscripted when it came out, but have it sitting in my Audible library since then, waiting to be listened to.
And haven't been really active on here.
There are some reasons, mainly OCD related, but probably most of it are excuses.

Still, while I don't consider myself Fastlane, I consider myself Fastlane-minded.

Standing in the elevator at the job I'm working now (not the bank anymore), and listening to fragments of conversations, of people passionately discussing work-related topics, people being enthusiastic about work-related things, or while being at a dinner with my family when the discussion turns to why I'm not making a career, I know that there a people on here who can relate. Who, too, don't care about job-related things. Who are not interested in spending their life climbing a career ladder. People whose thousands of words I've read and who helped me from feeling lost in midst of people, be it coworkers or family and friends, who seem to not have, or at least believe in, dreams anymore. Dreams outside of the societal accepted ones.

And I couldn't give two shits if the people whos words fill all those Gold threads and more make millions of dollars. They are creating and/or living their dreams, and that, to me, is Fastlane.

Last edited:

Icecreamchild

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Nov 13, 2019
Having to ask that question, for me, shows a lack of time spent reading through the literal goldmines of threads on here.

I thought it's better to ask than assume.
If it's wrong then move this thread to #landfill.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Thanks. I was joking of course.

I find the best attitude is to assume there’s something to learn from everyone, and it’s our job to find out what it is.

It’s interesting that two people from the screenshot left under dubious circumstances. Meanwhile we have soooo many amazing people in this forum with great values and great value to add.
Does it matter what our net worth is -- or is not? And why would we tell the world what our assets are? When I was young, there was no internet and no possibility of having a fastland business. That buisness model didn't exist. For a woman, there also wasn't a possiblity of buying house, having a credit card or a credit file -- until the Fair Credit Act of 1974. I am just happy to be here, be a businesswoman, and be on the same page with other business-minded people.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I thought it's better to ask than assume.
If it's wrong then move this thread to #landfill.

I think the higher level lesson here is not that this is a #landfill post, but that the info you get is going to be as good as the questions you ask.

What these posts are trying to highlight is that this is a “low quality” question.

That is, once you have the answer to this question, you’re in no better position to before you got your answer.

The lesson here is that you should be considering whether or not the question you ask is one that will move you (or others) forward once you unearth the answer. This does neither.

Try to not take it personally, but as a lesson learned

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I came across someone talking about this forum in another forum:

View attachment 28688

Is this true?

I love how someone reads a few posts and decides what someone's net worth is or how much money they make.

I also love how they selected a scam artist as one of their "legit posters".

@Icecreamchild , I hope you stick around and get to know people around here. You might find some surprisingly successful folks who rarely talk about how much money they make.

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
Just to give another example of how empowering this forum is, on lots of different levels:

I've been raised to be very fearful, never to feel good enough. To the point where I it took a toll on me physically. At 21 I crashed, and I went from being an ambitious law student to being declared incurably ill, with no foresight of a normal, productive life. A few years later I was healed. But the inner journey that I had to start to get out of it this, never ends of course. That's what I have my whole life for. To learn what I'm meant to learn. Latest challenges: as one of the last remainders of my 'upbringing' (rather 'downbringing') I still struggle with some perfectionism, and recently I've been threatened with dismissal at work.

Well, since I'm connected in this forum, I've been able to withstand all the stress at work, feel much more confident, take way more distance from it all. Paradoxically (but logically) it improves my work and my relationships with my colleagues. I suddenly get help from surprising allies, and bullies don't get to me anymore. It was hard in the beginning, but now I feel so much better than before the crisis at work. Much more relaxed. This, of course, next to the preparation it gives me for working for myself. (Even if I get fired in the end, don't get the chance to quit myself, it won't matter. I learned what I had to learn, and it's just another step in my journey towards independence.)

Now tell me, how much is all this worth? Maybe you think it's not much. But the truth is: you can't calculate what the accumulated effect of all this will be. How this will spread into other areas in my life, and onto all the people I will be able to help, directly and indirectly. And how this will affect my financial freedom as a result. Only I know myself, and only I feel the shift that is taking place. Even if you won't hear from me ever again (which is not probable, with that big mouth of me, but well...), just know that it is huge. Suppose I would show up in ten years from now, sharing some of my accomplishments: where, do you think, lies the real value in all that? In the source and in the creating, or in the outcome?

People who can create waves like that, and many more of them, in other people's lives, are true millionnaires to me. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, to the many discussions, thanks to some special people who reached out to help me via PM, and thanks to @MJ DeMarco who created this forum.

Wow... this almost sounds like some cheesy goodbye, that's not what I meant!! :) It's just the beginning. I'll see you around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.