The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AndyTalks with @srtricky about "Give them what they want. Sell them what they need."

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
AndyTalks with @srtricky about "Give them what they want. Sell them what they need."

Growing a Done-For-You Service by Giving Away Free Content.

Ricky PM'd me asking to be coached in Lead Generation. I said I provided a done-for-you service and don't do coaching.

Ricky wouldn't take no for an answer and I'm glad he didn't.

Here's the first half of our first call where we discuss why I am going to coach Ricky, and how I'll use that to grow my done-for-you service.

I think Ricky was the one doing the coaching in this call. Thank you @srtricky.

> Click here to access the recording <

What were your takeaways?

What will you do differently going forward?

(For other recordings click HERE.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've just listened to this on a walk this morning.

Damn, but there were literally two "shut up and take my money" moments from Ricky in here. I didn't spot them the first time round so I'm glad I listened to my own recorded call.

My main takeaways from this first listen:
  1. If you aren't as deaf as me, you can hear your market telling you what it wants.

2. "Pick a direction, get started, keep going." Do this and you end up in unexpected places. I like working this way.

3. It's obvious the teacher was there all along, the student just doesn't notice till they're ready.

4. I'm making it up as I go along. I might be clueless in some ways, but my bias for action means I make progress.

5. I've lived by "Sell them what they want. Give them what they need." I now think it's "Give them what they want. Sell them what they need." It seems to make more sense to me.

Other notes:
  1. Ricky listened to it too, and it's the first time he's heard himself talk. He didn't realise he spoke so fast - lol.

2. I think he talks a lot of sense too.

3. I talk a lot slower than in many of my other recorded calls, because I'm digesting what Ricky's saying. I now understand what @ApparentHorizon meant when he said it was interesting listening to someone work out what something means, and what they're going to do. The thought processes are interesting to observe, even though it might make the recording less "neat".

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
I talk a lot slower than in many of my other recorded calls, because I'm digesting what Ricky's saying. I now understand what @ApparentHorizon meant when he said it was interesting listening to someone work out what something means, and what they're going to do. The thought processes are interesting to observe, even though it might make the recording less "neat".

Event vs process:

1. "Guru" talks about the 1 day he made it​

2. Teacher reviews the other 9999​

Also interesting about the sales process: explain what you're going to do; where their money is going.

- It solves so many problems (for you) when you're selling, especially if you don't know sales. (what are objections? what's a presentation?)

You have a product, and it actually solves a problem, just explain what it does and how it works.

- Instead of getting holes punched in your pitch, your prospect is imagining how it fits into their business. (When you're selling, are you solving a problem or creating one to solve?)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Thanks again Andy, another quality post.

"Give them what they want, sell them what they need."

This comment alone has just changed all of the pictures and descriptions on some eBay targeted lower-end product bundles I'm working on. Now my products will be completely unique and stand out, despite being the same bundle as the other couple of sellers. Price will be on-par, but my pictures and description focus on what they want. The bundle of products is what they need.

Let's see how it goes!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.