The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

And So It Begins

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Today marks a first for me :)

May this initial instance of success be a powerful motivator to push forward with more effort and aggression.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 14724533_10154181161027672_1014994663661518163_n.jpg
    14724533_10154181161027672_1014994663661518163_n.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 42

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Today marks a first for me :)

May this initial instance of success be a powerful motivator to push forward with more effort and aggression.

Congrats!! Just keep it up and keep up the hustle.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats, closing a value/feedback look is the first step to great things.

May I ask how long it took you in preparation work to get there? Setup? Sourcing? Etc?

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Congrats, closing a value/feedback look is the first step to great things.

May I ask how long it took you in preparation work to get there? Setup? Sourcing? Etc?

As if I could resist responding to the king of entrepreneurship himself <3

My gameplan is different than most people. Several years ago I decided my fastlane would be inextricably linked to coding. This instance of MRR is actually the 20% commission from developing a store for a client, then handing over ownership. So long as this user continues to operate the store, I will collect 20% of their fees. The actual amount of work for this project was incredibly minimal (a few hours of skilled performance), once the agreement was in place.

I was able to position myself to accomplish this task (and gain the skills necessary) because I worked for an eCommerce agency for just under a year, and I made sure the CTO put me on the Shopify team as part of my employment. I actually quit because I was later transferred (don't hire people like me :p -- screen your candidates for high degrees of personal ambition).

Now I'm blessed with an an incredible developer aptitude for the Shopify platform. In order to scale this income, I need to connect more aggressively with the community and gain the coveted Shopify Expert title. This can be accomplished by developing stores for clients, developing supporting applications, or designing themes. A few more contributions of this nature and I will be flagged for future work that builds MRR. One of my beloved colleagues has been able to follow this path and now they have grown to a 6 person team -- it's highly inspiring. My next strategy is theme development. Premium themes go from $150-180 and Shopify's cut is 30%. It's easier to make a theme than to find dedicated clients and niches within the app space, plus my front-end skill has progressed significantly, and I feel more confident than ever that I can produce a beautiful piece of work for the theme store. Such a contribution would both increase my MRR and push me forward to the prestige status that brings more MRR generating work.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

My gameplan is different than most people. Several years ago I decided my fastlane would be inextricably linked to coding. This instance of MRR is actually the 20% commission from developing a store for a client, then handing over ownership. So long as this user continues to operate the store, I will collect 20% of their fees. The actual amount of work for this project was incredibly minimal (a few hours of skilled performance), once the agreement was in place.

I was able to position myself to accomplish this task (and gain the skills necessary) because I worked for an eCommerce agency for just under a year, and I made sure the CTO put me on the Shopify team as part of my employment. I actually quit because I was later transferred (don't hire people like me :p -- screen your candidates for high degrees of personal ambition).

Now I'm blessed with an an incredible developer aptitude for the Shopify platform. In order to scale this income, I need to connect more aggressively with the community and gain the coveted Shopify Expert title. This can be accomplished by developing stores for clients, developing supporting applications, or designing themes. A few more contributions of this nature and I will be flagged for future work that builds MRR. One of my beloved colleagues has been able to follow this path and now they have grown to a 6 person team -- it's highly inspiring. My next strategy is theme development. Premium themes go from $150-180 and Shopify's cut is 30%. It's easier to make a theme than to find dedicated clients and niches within the app space, plus my front-end skill has progressed significantly, and I feel more confident than ever that I can produce a beautiful piece of work for the theme store. Such a contribution would both increase my MRR and push me forward to the prestige status that brings more MRR generating work.

Ahhh, yes, this is the story that no one sees .... instead they see $$$$ as mentioned in the original post.

Thanks for sharing.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Congrats @ilrein, and thanks for sharing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.