The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Affiliate marketing does still work, > $100/day in under 2 months

Marketing, social media, advertising

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Re: Affiliate marketing does still work, > $100/day in under 2 mo

This is something that I have seen touched on in previous threads, but I am always interested in people's views.

How do you decide for yourself which merchants you wish to deal with and which products you wish to push? Do you lean towards products you have an interest in or familiarity with? Do you look purely at which have the higher returns and/or you believe will have higher sales rates? Do you look at search keyword data about the products?

This has been a sticking point for me, personally, as every time I try to get in to AM, I seem to fall over with the choice of merchants and/or products, so any feedback on these points would be great. To be clear, I'm not asking "Which products do you sell to make that money", but "What thought processes go in to your decision of which products to sell". Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lusches

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 13, 2009
Germany

Where do you get all your visitors from ?
Only from search-engines or do they come from other places ?

Do you only do white-hat stuff or do you to blackhat-stuff like cookie stuffing ?

Thanks,
Lusches :thankyousign:

KevMoDee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 13, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I have a great deal of experience as a affiliate marketer and publisher. I think two of the most important things to understand after you get the basics down is that popular niches and markets will get very congested very quickly and exploits that you find need to be kept close to the vest to maintain profitability for as long as possible.

My story of learning from the school of hard knocks was my product: EasyMySpaceMillions dot com. I found a very profitable exploit in MySpace that I was making money with, I wrote and sold an eBook on it, it drew so much attention to the exploit that MySpace "fixed the glitch" (<- Office Space reference) and put me and everyone else out of business. Lesson learned.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

This is something that I have seen touched on in previous threads, but I am always interested in people's views.

How do you decide for yourself which merchants you wish to deal with and which products you wish to push? Do you lean towards products you have an interest in or familiarity with? Do you look purely at which have the higher returns and/or you believe will have higher sales rates? Do you look at search keyword data about the products?

This has been a sticking point for me, personally, as every time I try to get in to AM, I seem to fall over with the choice of merchants and/or products, so any feedback on these points would be great. To be clear, I'm not asking "Which products do you sell to make that money", but "What thought processes go in to your decision of which products to sell". Cheers!

Simple, test them all, go with the ones that convert. Doesnt matter if the merchant has the best prices or pay-outs, if they don't covert you will never make sales.

Where do you get all your visitors from ?
Only from search-engines or do they come from other places ?

Do you only do white-hat stuff or do you to blackhat-stuff like cookie stuffing ?

Thanks,
Lusches :thankyousign:

I would never cookie stuff, it's in fact fraud and people are being prosecuted for it.

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I have a great deal of experience as a affiliate marketer and publisher. I think two of the most important things to understand after you get the basics down is that popular niches and markets will get very congested very quickly and exploits that you find need to be kept close to the vest to maintain profitability for as long as possible.

My story of learning from the school of hard knocks was my product: EasyMySpaceMillions dot com. I found a very profitable exploit in MySpace that I was making money with, I wrote and sold an eBook on it, it drew so much attention to the exploit that MySpace "fixed the glitch" (<- Office Space reference) and put me and everyone else out of business. Lesson learned.

Welcome Kev, You should post more about your experience in an introduction thread, I am sure it would be interesting to many here.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Guys this post is OK, no need to "report it" -- he is drawing on experience and not promoting anything. Thanks for posting Kev.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA

Guys this post is OK, no need to "report it" -- he is drawing on experience and not promoting anything. Thanks for posting Kev.
you know how itchy our trigger fingers get sometimes. Even in retirement.

KevMoDee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 13, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ

Sorry, everyone. The site I referred to is now "defunct". Just trying to contribute my depth of knowledge to the site, that's all. I'm not trying to promote anything, simply trying to add to the community.

Thanks, PhxMJ! I'm a fellow Chicagoan that has migrated to AZ as well. I'll take 300 sunny days a year over perpetual overcast any day! But the real question for you is... Cubs or Sox?

WinWin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Aug 24, 2008
WDC

LightHouse:

Thanks for the inspiring post.

Can you please post the traffic (hits per day or month) you are getting at your site to generate this level of income from AM?

Thanks

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

<OFFTOPIC>

Thanks, PhxMJ! I'm a fellow Chicagoan that has migrated to AZ as well. I'll take 300 sunny days a year over perpetual overcast any day! But the real question for you is... Cubs or Sox?

Lets see, the Sox are occasional winners, the Cubs are permanent losers. Yup, I'm a SOX fan.:smxA:

</OFFTOPIC>

nicknite86

Banned
Feb 25, 2010
United States

Affiliate Marketing is about creativity, hard work, and having the right resources. Following the masses in programs or whatever it may be will not get you success it will just get you to be like others and eventually lose money. So to make it online you have to think outside the box, but not re-invent the wheel.

A

Anon3587x

On another note,

I wrote 1 article for the blog section of my site. And within 15 minutes it was ranked on the first page of google for one of the targeted words. How do these things happen?

lol

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Are you logged in google?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Logged in or ultra low competition and relevant content. great job, keep it up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.