The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice on getting my first 25 subscribers for my videogame crowdfunding magazine

Idea threads

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
Hey guys I wanted some advice from business owners on how I should go about getting my first 25 subscribers for my crowdfunding magazine.

I’m trying to raise money to build a subscription videogame that I know would be very profitable ($30k-$50k a week) based on 8 years of UX/UI and product design experience working on different projects.

My idea was to create a digital crowdfunding magazine in which my subscribers would fund the cash flow needed for development through a weekly subscription of about $40-$120 a week, in exchange for a weekly % of the profits generated each week once we launch which would take about 7-12 months.

In the magazine I would share everything they need to know about the game, the niche it fills in the market, projections and even people in my network willing to supply extra capital once the wheels are going.

My question is, how would you recommend I approach business owners to get my first 25 clients/subscribers? This idea wouldn’t work unless I could get a minimum of 25 subscribers, who would be business owners from diverse niches, so I just wanted some advice on maybe what you would want to see or know before you signup.

I know talk is cheap but I truly believe I could make each of my subscribers at least $1,500 in weekly returns 3 months after launching.

Also any advice on what you would want to receive on a weekly bi weekly or monthly basis to keep you engaged in the project over the 8 months of development

Also: if anybody else is in my shoes and would like to raise cash flow for their ideas let me know, I know how painful it is to need cash to start something and we could probably work together and share ideas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
First, I think you need to be able to answer the question:
Why should an investor be investing $40-$120/week into a subscription model rather than raising capital in the traditional sense where I might give you ~$1,000-$3,000 in return for a certain % of the profits? Is there a benefit to the subscription-based model?

In the magazine I would share everything they need to know about the game, the niche it fills in the market, projections and even people in my network willing to supply extra capital once the wheels are going.

Shouldn't this all be explained before I start investing in this concept?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hey guys I wanted some advice from business owners on how I should go about getting my first 25 subscribers for my crowdfunding magazine.

I’m trying to raise money to build a subscription videogame that I know would be very profitable ($30k-$50k a week) based on 8 years of UX/UI and product design experience working on different projects.

My idea was to create a digital crowdfunding magazine in which my subscribers would fund the cash flow needed for development through a weekly subscription of about $40-$120 a week, in exchange for a weekly % of the profits generated each week once we launch which would take about 7-12 months.

My question is, how would you recommend I approach business owners to get my first 25 clients/subscribers? This idea wouldn’t work unless I could get a minimum of 25 subscribers, who would be business owners from diverse niches, so I just wanted some advice on maybe what you would want to see or know before you signup.

I know talk is cheap but I truly believe I could make each of my subscribers at least $1,500 in weekly returns 3 months after launching.

Also any advice on what you would want to receive on a weekly bi weekly or monthly basis to keep you engaged in the project over the 8 months of development

Also: if anybody else is in my shoes and would like to raise cash flow for their ideas let me know, I know how painful it is to need cash to start something and we could probably work together and share ideas
Why do you need 7 to 12 months of development?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA

Why do you need to do that in the first place?
If the end goal is to create a video game, why not focus on a prototype.
Once you have the prototype make a pitch deck showing your market research and the numbers you expect to achieve.
Then go out and raise the capital you need all in one big chunk. Rather than being beholden to a large amount of small investors. Even better if you can find an investor with actual experience in your market who can give you more support to succeed.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

As others have alluded too, this seems quite complicated and not very direct.

What are you trying to do? Can you just do that instead of coming at it sideways?

Or another way… “How can you start as close to the end as possible?”

Something I like to consider is product-founder fit. What can YOU launch this week given your skills, network, and resources? If you can’t launch (and ideally make a sale) this week then maybe consider something else that you can?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.