The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Warning for Young Guys: Money is NOT the way to solve your Girl Problems

D

DeletedUser0287

Some guys on here need to stop thinking of "being an attractive" as just being as simple as "being born good looking".

Girls actually have it tougher since their attractiveness is judged a LOT more on how they look.
It's somewhat fixed.

Us guys, on the other hand, are much more fluid - we can increase our value A LOT... if we put in the work.

- Getting in shape is attractive
- Dressing well is attractive
- Living a life you enjoy and on your terms is attractive
- Not being reactive and having core values and standards is attractive
- Being dominant and taking what you want in life is attractive
- Being a leader and building a following is attractive
- Having access and authority is attractive
- Being able to provide for yourself and others is attractive
- Living a life rich with experience is attractive
- Being socially intelligent and charismatic is attractive

The list goes on - as a guy if you put in the work you can make massive gains.

Here is what happens though...

Some guy who was "ugly" does the above and starts getting the quality of girls he decides he wants.

But the other "ugly" guy who did nothing sees that and rationalizes it as "well, of course, cause that guy is <enter what the first guy has now become and made himself into>".

They tell themselves BS stories about the other guy to justify their own lack of action and results.

View attachment 24984

^ fitness is just one way a guy can within months make massive progress.

Now add in the dozens of other areas that the same progress can be made in - you got a totally new man.

There is no such thing as an unattractive man - only a man living unattractively.

View attachment 24985

This dude has no arms or legs and has multiple kids with a nice feminine wife.

And if right now in your head your thought was "well that is probably because..." instead of "I got no excuses" then you need to work on the BS stories you tell yourself and the limits they are creating.

It is just a marketplace at work. The dude with no arms or legs has a value skew in some other way. If we were to ignore his lack of limbs, he isn't a bad looking person. We do not know his status or money. But we can make a good assumption that they are high because he needs a variable to override the no limb situation.

But this isn't an excuse. There is a reason they say "Women are born and men are made." Goes along with what you are saying. A woman's value in the dating marketplace is pretty much determined at birth. Men have unlimited potential to build themselves up, although we all men start at near zero value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I am not sure why you chose Chris Pratt as an example of this. Chris Pratt's highest value skew is his status. He is a celebrity. I remembered long ago that his previous wife stated that she preferred the "chubby" version of him. I mean the right picture will be more attractive to most women. Just keep in mind that Chris's value skew is mostly status based, but you are using this image to show physical attribute maxing

Of course she says she prefers the previous version - she isn’t with him anymore. You think she is going to admit that she thinks her ex husband is now also way better looking as well as way more successful?

Besides I don’t get in shape for my ex wife and ex girlfriend or any other girl - I do it for me and my standards. If you want to live as a fat a$$ cause your girl is okay with that then that’s on you. Kiss a few years off your life span.

Why did I pick him? Cause I’m talking about physical transformation. It doesn’t matter he is a celebrity. He was one too when he was fat. He made a mental choice to make a change and he did. You can too.

He didn’t get major roles and then get in shape - he got in shape and then got major roles. No one just one day picked him out of the 10,000s of competing actors and said he is the chosen one - he worked his a$$ off.

I show one guy who transform his body - “steroids”.

Next guy - “celebrity”

Stop mental weaseling your way out of the not taking action yourself.

ANYONE in this thread could make massive progress in their health, income, and confidence in the next year.

No reason it can’t be you.

D

DeletedUser0287

Some guys on here need to stop thinking of "being an attractive" as just being as simple as "being born good looking".

Girls actually have it tougher since their attractiveness is judged a LOT more on how they look.
It's somewhat fixed.

Us guys, on the other hand, are much more fluid - we can increase our value A LOT... if we put in the work.

- Getting in shape is attractive
- Dressing well is attractive
- Living a life you enjoy and on your terms is attractive
- Not being reactive and having core values and standards is attractive
- Being dominant and taking what you want in life is attractive
- Being a leader and building a following is attractive
- Having access and authority is attractive
- Being able to provide for yourself and others is attractive
- Living a life rich with experience is attractive
- Being socially intelligent and charismatic is attractive

The list goes on - as a guy if you put in the work you can make massive gains.

Here is what happens though...

Some guy who was "ugly" does the above and starts getting the quality of girls he decides he wants.

But the other "ugly" guy who did nothing sees that and rationalizes it as "well, of course, cause that guy is <enter what the first guy has now become and made himself into>".

They tell themselves BS stories about the other guy to justify their own lack of action and results.

View attachment 24984

^ fitness is just one way a guy can within months make massive progress.

Now add in the dozens of other areas that the same progress can be made in - you got a totally new man.

There is no such thing as an unattractive man - only a man living unattractively.

View attachment 24985

This dude has no arms or legs and has multiple kids with a nice feminine wife.

And if right now in your head your thought was "well that is probably because..." instead of "I got no excuses" then you need to work on the BS stories you tell yourself and the limits they are creating.
I am not sure why you chose Chris Pratt as an example of this. Chris Pratt's highest value skew is his status. He is a celebrity. I remembered long ago that his previous wife stated that she preferred the "chubby" version of him. I mean the right picture will be more attractive to most women. Just keep in mind that Chris's value skew is mostly status based, but you are using this image to show physical attribute maxing.

EDIT: What I am saying is that even fat Chris Pratt will get more women that the average fit guy. Looks are only a micro variable to most women. Status is a macro variable
Of course she says she prefers the previous version - she isn’t with him anymore. You think she is going to admit that she thinks her ex husband is now also way better looking as well as way more successful?

Besides I don’t get in shape for my ex wife and ex girlfriend or any other girl - I do it for me and my standards. If you want to live as a fat a$$ cause your girl is okay with that then that’s on you. Kiss a few years off your life span.

Why did I pick him? Cause I’m talking about physical transformation. It doesn’t matter he is a celebrity. He was one too when he was fat. He made a mental choice to make a change and he did. You can too.

He didn’t get major roles and then get in shape - he got in shape and then got major roles. No one just one day picked him out of the 10,000s of competing actors and said he is the chosen one - he worked his a$$ off.

I show one guy who transform his body - “steroids”.

Next guy - “celebrity”

Stop mental weaseling your way out of the not taking action yourself.

ANYONE in this thread could make massive progress in their health, income, and confidence in the next year.

No reason it can’t be you.

I'm pretty sure she said that when she was with him. This was a while ago.

I think you are misinterpreting my message. I don't disagree that someone can take action and build themselves up. I agree 100% that anyone CAN build themselves up. The difference between my perspective and yours is that I accept reality as well as unlimited self improvement.

Who says I'm weasling myself out of not taking action? I am bettering myself everyday. It seems that you are confusing accepting cold hard reality vs. excuses. Your post just have that automatic, "You can do it!" vibe that labels all reality acceptance as "excuses". There is nothing wrong with doing both. Accepting the fact that Chris Pratt's value skew is all status, but all improving myself. By accepting the fact that guy took steroids, but improving myself.

Like others have said that 4 month transformation is out of this world to be honest. That is more like 2-3 year progress. Some might actually say 5 years. But I ain't gonna stop working out.

EDIT: Seems to be a common pattern in this forum, whenever anyone juts spits out the truth it is labeled as an excuse. Accepting the truth is where you stop being delusionally optimisic. But become realistically optimistic. Truth and constant grind

Last edited by a moderator:

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
Btw, I gotta add: I have just got laid 3 weeks ago with a girl, who competed as professional bodybuilder.

She had a sixpack back in the day, had two exes who were professional bodybuilders.

She loved how I pouded her and is still hugely attracted to the way how unashamed I am around sex and how intelligent I am.

One other example of how little physique can matter.

D

DeletedUser0287

Btw, I gotta add: I have just got laid 3 weeks ago with a girl, who competed as professional bodybuilder.

She had a sixpack back in the day, had two exes who were professional bodybuilders.

She loved how I pouded her and is still hugely attracted to the way how unashamed I am around sex and how intelligent I am.

One other example of how little physique can matter.

Has already been confirmed. Status is generally the most important variable for men. I have not met a women that did not like status.

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
A woman's value in the dating marketplace is pretty much determined at birth. Men have unlimited potential to build themselves up, although we all men start at near zero value.

Wow.

Aside from some of your other posts in this thread, the above is an excellent example of a BOY needing to learn how to communicate and understand as a MAN.

D

DeletedUser0287

Wow.

Aside from some of your other posts in this thread, the above is an excellent example of a BOY needing to learn how to communicate and understand as a MAN.

Do you have any value to add or explanation? I already stated that these are large generalizations I am making.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
It is just a marketplace at work. The dude with no arms or legs has a value skew in some other way. If we were to ignore his lack of limbs, he isn't a bad looking person. We do not know his status or money. But we can make a good assumption that they are high because he needs a variable to override the no limb situation.

That guy Nick Vujicic HAS STATUS. He is the best example of how powerful STATUS is to a man. He has shown that with status, looks and money doesn't matter (assuming you can get status without money, such as being legendary in dancing or some sports).

Nick made good use and took advantage of his handicap to build a brand around himself, by being this determined hero who works hard to fight against his destiny. He got on shows and talks for this (social proof and status), picked up sports despite his handicap and got more coverage as a result of that, resulting in even more fame and status. Everytime when he appears on stage, the female audience would sob (triggered emotions ---> emotional investment ----> more commitment).

He does nothing except getting paid to do sports and inspire on talkshows.

Which was why when I read some time back that he got a wife, I wasn't the least bit surprised.

If he was a nobody on the streets of Lithuania, with no status whatsoever, people wouldn't even give two hoots about him.

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
Do you have any value to add or explanation? I already stated that these are large generalizations I am making.

Yes, just haven't had a lot of time for an extensive reply.

On your comment above: A woman's value--in the dating marketplace or otherwise--is not determined the minute she's born. She has just as much unlimited potential as a man does. If a woman wants to be a mother and a wife, she learns and excels at the skills that will give her the best chances of living out that life. If she's prone to gaining weight when she eats too much bread, she's just as capable of cutting her carbs and working out. If she wants to travel the world, she develops the knowledge, skills, confidence, income streams, whatever she thinks it takes to make her life the way she wants--just like men do.

I've personally been fascinated by this entire thread. It's easy to see the boys vs. men, girls vs. women.

Men and women alike need just one thing: Confidence. Confidence is the body language that makes you attractive and gets you laid.

As has been mentioned several times: what you project is what you get. If a guy projects money and bling, he'll likely get gold diggers. If a woman projects that, she'll get the same... they just go by different names.

I went on a month long road trip from coast to coast last month and it was almost hilarious how many guys on a dating app were blown away by it. It was sexy as hell to them that a woman could be that confident, independent, free-spirited, in control of her life, something... but when I got back to town? Most didn't have the balls to meet in person.

It was an easy way to weed out the tire kickers.

I learned years ago that many men are intimidated by strong, confident women. Most are attracted to it though, and this appears to be the exact same for men. Confidence is attractive. It comes across in your body language, your eyes, the things you do or don't say, the way you smile. This is what attractive generally means in my opinion. Not a specific muscle mass, height, hair color, etc. These play a role yes, but they are not the deciding factor.

When you say things like what I quoted above, you immediately imply that you think very little of women, and they will immediately shut you down because of it.

It takes time and experience to learn that cocky is not the same as confident. Don't be cocky. Learn to actually listen and communicate.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
EDIT: Seems to be a common pattern in this forum, whenever anyone juts spits out the truth it is labeled as an excuse. Accepting the truth is where you stop being delusionally optimisic. But become realistically optimistic. Truth and constant grind

THIS. I find an issue with this forum, maybe society in general, is that people badly want to believe that anything they set their mind to, they can achieve.

This lie likely originated from the billion dollar self-improvement industry, to get more people to buy more of their books.

Unpopular opinion here, but to all those who believe in the "power of the mind", I want you to believe that you can carry an African elephant with one arm. Got that?

Now, go train and hustle for that. Power of the mind yeah? I'll be waiting for the day you guys succeed. Good luck bros.

Ridiculous. It's not about optimism or pessimism. It's about Realism.

The world has been sold on the "Be optimistic and all will be good" lie. It makes them feel good about themselves.

D

DeletedUser0287

Yes, just haven't had a lot of time for an extensive reply.

On your comment above: A woman's value--in the dating marketplace or otherwise--is not determined the minute she's born. She has just as much unlimited potential as a man does. If a woman wants to be a mother and a wife, she learns and excels at the skills that will give her the best chances of living out that life. If she's prone to gaining weight when she eats too much bread, she's just as capable of cutting her carbs and working out. If she wants to travel the world, she develops the knowledge, skills, confidence, income streams, whatever she thinks it takes to make her life the way she wants--just like men do.

This thread is only speaking about the dating marketplace though. A woman can make improve her life just as much as a man OUTSIDE of dating, yes.

Most of the people on this forum are men. So before we were the product. But let's speak in the other direction. You are a woman (assuming based on this post) aka the product and I am the man (your target demographic).

In any marketplace, the target demographic determines what is valuable. Are those variables you listed above valuable to the male population? Yes, they certainly don't hurt. They are micro variables just as looks are a micro variable for men. But a female is primary value in the dating marketplace is her looks. If you don't got looks, you gotta work harder to compensate that is all with a different value skew. A woman can improve her looks with diet and exercise like you said or even make up and clothing. But at the end of the day looks are for the most part genetic. Which is why I said a woman's value is determined the minute she is born for the most part.

A high status male is equal to a beautiful woman.
A low status male is equal to an unattractive woman. Not the end of the world, just skew your value in another way. It just harder for women because like @Fox said it is somewhat fixed.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
A high status male is equal to a beautiful woman.
A low status male is equal to an unattractive woman. Not the end of the world, just skew your value in another way. It just harder for women because like @Fox said it is somewhat fixed.

yes , men can improve their status

i like Jason Capital stuff :

even if we can't become alpha males, we still can manage women's perception of us.

dating is managing women anyway . this is a mindset. this is a power game.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
Second - you are way oversimplifying things. Girls (and guys) are quite complex. Thinking in these terms is not going to give you an accurate picture of things.

This is patently false. This forum is based on the CENTS model/framework to help determine what good businesses are.

You use SPIN selling framework to sell your websites.

[looks+money+status] + [how a girl feels around you] = attraction is a framework that men can use to help with their dating life.

We simplify complex problems into models to help make sense of the world.

Frameworks and models aren't 100% accurate but they are pretty damn close to predicting future events and the likely hood of an event occuring. Warren Buffet uses value investing framework to amass a billion dollar company but was wrong on Google and Amazon.

Asking someone what they want is a lot different to seeing what they actually do. That's sales 101.

Case in point...

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 18.31.48.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 18.31.48.png
LOL..the irony of this post.

To prove the model is accurate let's use this as a case study.

The main character is Christian Grey is 6 ft tall and good looking [LOOKS] + billionaire [ Money ] + successful business man [Status] + a dangerous bad boy [ how a women feels around you] = 125 million horny women [Attraction]

I do it for me and my standards

Nothing wrong with doing it for yourself and being more attractive for the opposite sex. It's not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Last post on this cause everything I am saying is going over your head.

I don’t think you’re promoting what you’re saying - I just think what you’re saying is mostly false. You don’t have enough real data and/or you’re not taking a general look at the whole dating market place.

You’re using personal and/or extreme stories to form your ideas :
- your lying friends
- your buddy the bouncer
- this one guy who lied when selling at a place you used to work
- Harvey Weinstein

Given your sources do you really thing that’s a fair sample group to draw meaningful advice for members on here? You’re observing grimy nightlife somewhere and calling that as the norm for everywhere.

It’s like you saying “most businesses lie to make sales” and then you say you’re basing your data on your buddy who worked at Enron. Basically your sources suck so your conclusions are all wrong.

You’re looking at most “ugly” guys who succeed with girls and thinking - he is probably lying.

I look at the same dude and think “good for him - he probably has something cool going on in his life or is an interesting guy”.

Your quotes say more about who you are getting this info from than anything else... “Getting sexual favours to access your personal network of friends is not uncommon and happens more often than you realize. The ugly guys that I have met knew this and exploited this by "exaggerating" the truth of their network.”

Get better friends dude and go hang out somewhere less toxic. People who aren’t scumbags so you have a more positive view of the world. What you are saying is right but it only applies in a tiny group of society. West Hollywood nightlife isn’t how the most of the world works lol.

To wrap this up...

Your picking human nature at its worse and thinking this is how it is for everyone.

Why I’ve been correcting it is that it’s an extremely negative viewpoint that isn’t going to help someone on here who could be doing a lot to improve themselves. You don’t even know you’re doing this cause you think all these grimy people you have met give you an accurate picture of everyone else. They don’t.

Find better friends.
This is patently false. This forum is based on the CENTS model/framework to help determine what good businesses are.

You use SPIN selling framework to sell your websites.

[looks+money+status] + [how a girl feels around you] = attraction is a framework that men can use to help with their dating life.

We simplify complex problems into models to help make sense of the world.

Frameworks and models aren't 100% accurate but they are pretty damn close to predicting future events and the likely hood of an event occuring. Warren Buffet uses value investing framework to amass a billion dollar company but was wrong on Google and Amazon.

LOL..the irony of this post.

To prove the model is accurate let's use this as a case study.

The main character is Christian Grey is 6 ft tall and good looking [LOOKS] + billionaire [ Money ] + successful business man [Status] + a dangerous bad boy [ how a women feels around you] = 125 million horny women [Attraction]

Nothing wrong with doing it for yourself and being more attractive for the opposite sex. It's not mutually exclusive.
The debate isn’t about if men lied about their wealth to get girls but it’s really about what really matters. I think any man is seriously delusional if he thinks an average joe can outcompete someone with wealth, status and look by having “personality” and “interesting qualities” all these mumbo jumbo crap.

Make more mistake you do not need to be “elite” to marry a hot chick. For every multimillionaire man there are at least 20 hot chicks in waiting list. Eventually you might get one if you are middle-class, looks fit and seems like a decent guy. But make not mistake that you are eating leftover food.

D

Deleted50669

Confidence is one of the more important attributes women are naturally attracted to. You know what detracts from confidence?

- Financial Instability
- Being beholden to other people due to that instability
- Not getting enough time for sleep or exercise, and gaining weight

You know what solves all these problems? Money.

Action Mike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Nov 9, 2016
Haven't read all the posts but my .02 is your first mistake is trying to say with authority what women want, LOL.

Seriously though it depends on what your goals are also. Men and women first go by attractiveness when they meet. I think with women it can range more over a few different criteria like looks, humor, personality etc. but still being attractive to each other is important.

If you are looking for long term relationships it changes things and it gets deeper, then woman want more than just someone they are attracted too, they want stability, emotional support, reliability etc. for the long haul. A guy can put Brad Pit to shame in the looks department but if he ends up being a jackass loser that beats her every day it will turn off most normal women.

Just like a guy is more physically attracted at first but if you are looking for a longer term partner you REALLY don't want the bat shit crazy psycho women that will make your life miserable while she leeches every emotional and natural resource our of your veins.

In the end I think it is more about being attractive to what a specific women wants and that can vary from woman to woman but being well rounded are the most important, take care of your self, make money, have a good personality etc. If you just want to get laid and your done then its all about physical attraction.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I didn't want to validate this train wreck of a thread by giving it my two cents, but I'm gonna do it.

Yes, @AgainstAllOdds is right, money won't solve your girl problems.

Actually guys, it's pretty simple. Be someone who's generally pleasant to be around, and talk to girls like they're actual human beings, and not scores for some perverse pick up game. You'll notice an at least 200% increase of your attractiveness with that alone.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yes, @AgainstAllOdds is right, money won't solve your girl problems.

Actually guys, it's pretty simple. Be someone who's generally pleasant to be around, and talk to girls like they're actual human beings, and not scores for some perverse pick up game. You'll notice an at least 200% increase of your attractiveness with that alone.
Maybe I'm old school on the notion that money can solve girl problems...

But I come from the background where you do need some money and financial stability to take care of the girl, feed her, give her a life, that kind of thing...

That's where I feel money is important.

Not to pull in the ladies, but to give to right one, should you find one.

And finding the right one can't be accomplished by money. Money is just a medium for a means to an end. As Dan Pena said, 'Money's not the hard part. It's finding the deals that is hard.'

I think about my current time with my girl. We've been together since high school, yet I still feel there's stuff I should know about her. Some days, I wonder if she is a good deal for me, because some ladies turn out to be quite adverse after marriage. And with every day, new experiences change her a bit.

So there's a lot of discovering to do. Money can't accomplish that. I guess that goes the same for anyone whom I meet on a daily basis. Continuous discovery.

I've also wondered what some of the folks plan to do after they got the girl.
What will they do? Just pick them up and then throw them away?

In the same manner, I'm shaking my head at the divorce rates today (also being a victim of one)
How in the hell do you throw your significant other away, after you fought tooth and nail for his/her affections?
Probably this thread could give us some hints...?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Maybe I'm old school on the notion that money can solve girl problems...

But I come from the background where you do need some money and financial stability to take care of the girl, feed her, give her a life, that kind of thing...

That's where I feel money is important.

Not to pull in the ladies, but to give to right one, should you find one.

And finding the right one can't be accomplished by money. Money is just a medium for a means to an end. As Dan Pena said, 'Money's not the hard part. It's finding the deals that is hard.'

I think about my current time with my girl. We've been together since high school, yet I still feel there's stuff I should know about her. Some days, I wonder if she is a good deal for me, because some ladies turn out to be quite adverse after marriage. And with every day, new experiences change her a bit.

So there's a lot of discovering to do. Money can't accomplish that. I guess that goes the same for anyone whom I meet on a daily basis. Continuous discovery.

I've also wondered what some of the folks plan to do after they got the girl.
What will they do? Just pick them up and then throw them away?

In the same manner, I'm shaking my head at the divorce rates today (also being a victim of one)
How in the hell do you throw your significant other away, after you fought tooth and nail for his/her affections?
Probably this thread could give us some hints...?
Hey don't get me wrong, being poor definitely won't help your chances.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hey don't get me wrong, being poor definitely won't help your chances.
I know you meant well.

I was just musing about some of the posts here which keep looking at the girls like targets to grab, and mysterious foes to outwit.

And again, what is poor? What is rich? To most people, a hundred grand is already quite rich.

I think its the story behind how the man earned his dough, that matters.
And how he did not let work rob him of his true values and principles.

I have mentioned here before how I had an aunt who had dementia, and lost most of her mobility and ability to speak in months.

Her eldest son, out of three children, was the only one who cared for her.

He has a full-time job, his wife is also working, and he has two kids.
The two kids also has their issues. The younger one had diet problems, and had bad teeth, because the caretaker they hired just fed him biscuits all day. The older one is transitioning into high school.

They live in Penang, a small island city where its just about as jammed as the capital city, and cost of living plus housing is also par capital city level. And he cared for the mother, visiting her at a nearby care home as often as he could. She couldn't stay with them because they lived in a small apartment, where there would be higher risks of falling and knocking into stuff. She's had some bad falls before, so I know.

The two other kids just let him do all the work, only left a bit of money for the costs of caretaking.

He had a few invites for a job promotion, even a joint venture to China, by superiors who saw his good work ethic. I don't know whether he took them, but I can safely say that if he did, he would be in Shenzhen or Shanghai by now...but he isn't...

So, the eldest son trudged on alone and successfully cared for his mum until she passed away.

I look at his two kids (I think they are considered my niece and nephew). I don't worry much about their futures, because I know they have a good father who isn't ultra-rich, but he stood his ground and didn't give up loving his own mother.

And because he didn't give up on his own mother, that translated to his own wife.
She had clothes to wear, food on the table, a home and proper stuff for the kids.
Everything a wife could ask for.

I've wondered how he met his wife. How did she saw the man that he was, and chose him, even before his mum fell ill.

Anyways, all in all, money was definitely an important equation to care for the family and the mother, but it was just a means to an end. Just a tool. What was more important was the priorities, his strong love for the mum to the end.

Thinking back about all this makes me wonder about my own relationship with my own mum.
One of the reasons for me doing Fastlane was to show her 'a better way' , with a bit of scorn at her nagging and obsolete advice.

I was wrong.

Maybe I should spend less time trying to prove who's right, and just focus on serving the people who matter to me, with what I can earn.

AlphaOmega

Danka
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 25, 2018
Wisconsin
@AgainstAllOdds your original message is very poor and misleading advice.

Ill put it as simple as possible. Women date men based on their perceived social status and women date UP in social status. One night stands follow the same general rule but the factors are weighted differently.

A short list of things that influence a mans perceived status (list is not in order of importance):
Physical appearance
Money
Clothes and accessories (peacocking)
Confidence in himself
How he carries himself (alpha male body language)
The appearance of having several other women interested (either through faking or actual options with women)
There are many more but the point is made.

All of these add or subtract from a mans perceived status.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Okay, I agree wholeheartedly with the thread title "A Warning For Young Guys: Money Is NOT The Way To Solve Your Girl Problems"... and he's completly correct. Well... almost completely. Like most things, it's kinda complex.

There are decades of data and research in evolutionary psychology that tells us about what women are most attracted to. Income is a factor, but how much of a factor really depends. And it also depends on if a girl is looking for a short-term (fling) or a long term (marriage) relationship. Women don't want to settle down and have a family with someone who's poor. Sorry.

But before we over-complicate things, let's take it to the basics. Try not to think in Black and White terms. Think of attraction as more of a 'points' system. He pretty good looking? Boom 1.7 points. He's in great shape? another 1.9 points. He has a good income? another 2 points. He's got a great personality? Boom 2 points. High Social Status? 2 more points. This guy, when all is said and done is a 9.6. Girls thing he's pretty hot. Note those numbers aren't accurate, they're just for example sake.)

I mean there are other things.. intelligence, confidence.. but what I really want to point out is that you can't say "it's ____ not ____" .... genetic fitness is determined by a whole number of things.

But essentially how attractive you are is a subconscious assessment of your genetic fitness.

But Income IS a factor in genetic fitness. It is NOT the golden ticket, but it is a factor. Sexual selection causes us to mate with partners that give our children the best chance of survival. In other animals females look for a man's access to resources. In humans "access to resources" means $$$$ money. Women tend to want to mate with the man who's on the "Alpha" side (social status.)

Now it also depends on if a woman is looking to get laid, or if she's looking for a long term mate. There's a dichotomy of Lovers vs Providers. In a Husband, income is even more of a factor, because she's looking for a Lover AND Provider.

The short version is women will f--- the Boxer (or whatever he is) and marry the kid on top. And no it's not a 'gold digger' thing.. if a woman is having a child with you, she wants to know that her kid will be provided for.

image_widget_2bqeb0l3kqz01-2.png

Women f--- dominant men, they want to be friends with submissive 'nice guys', and they want to marry a man in the middle. Or she wants to find a dominant man and 'tame' him (a scenario you see a lot in romance novels.)

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
i'm sorry but i f---in' lost it when i watched her riding the back of his mobility scooter

can't believe she brought the boyfriend to meet her pimp

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Okay, I agree wholeheartedly with the thread title "A Warning For Young Guys: Money Is NOT The Way To Solve Your Girl Problems"... and he's completly correct. Well... almost completely. Like most things, it's kinda complex.

There are decades of data and research in evolutionary psychology that tells us about what women are most attracted to. Income is a factor, but how much of a factor really depends. And it also depends on if a girl is looking for a short-term (fling) or a long term (marriage) relationship. Women don't want to settle down and have a family with someone who's poor. Sorry.

But before we over-complicate things, let's take it to the basics. Try not to think in Black and White terms. Think of attraction as more of a 'points' system. He pretty good looking? Boom 1.7 points. He's in great shape? another 1.9 points. He has a good income? another 2 points. He's got a great personality? Boom 2 points. High Social Status? 2 more points. This guy, when all is said and done is a 9.6. Girls thing he's pretty hot. Note those numbers aren't accurate, they're just for example sake.)

I mean there are other things.. intelligence, confidence.. but what I really want to point out is that you can't say "it's ____ not ____" .... genetic fitness is determined by a whole number of things.

But essentially how attractive you are is a subconscious assessment of your genetic fitness.

But Income IS a factor in genetic fitness. It is NOT the golden ticket, but it is a factor. Sexual selection causes us to mate with partners that give our children the best chance of survival. In other animals females look for a man's access to resources. In humans "access to resources" means $$$$ money. Women tend to want to mate with the man who's on the "Alpha" side (social status.)

Now it also depends on if a woman is looking to get laid, or if she's looking for a long term mate. There's a dichotomy of Lovers vs Providers. In a Husband, income is even more of a factor, because she's looking for a Lover AND Provider.

The short version is women will f--- the Boxer (or whatever he is) and marry the kid on top. And no it's not a 'gold digger' thing.. if a woman is having a child with you, she wants to know that her kid will be provided for.

View attachment 25246

Women f--- dominant men, they want to be friends with submissive 'nice guys', and they want to marry a man in the middle. Or she wants to find a dominant man and 'tame' him (a scenario you see a lot in romance novels.)
In our modern society (capitalism + democracy) social status and wealth is interchangeable. I cannot think of someone who is famous but not at least much more than comfortably rich.

Charisma , confidence, “alpha” whatever that means..it helps marginally when you havent got the money. I have never seen someone rich but not confident and uncharismatic. All those mumbo jumbo about confidence and alpha is simply EMULATION THE BEHAVIOR OF SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WHILE YOU HAVNT GOT THE MONEY. This is what it is And I am calling the bluff on guru who says material success doesn't matter but they turned around to teach you a course for 2 thousand dollar, and in then they teach you to mimic the behaviors and body language of successful people so that you gain a slight higher chances with girls by connecting with their conscious or unconscious desire for high status man. I am sure it does work to a certain extend but the reason why it works is because girls consciously or unconsciously want “successful men”.

But it is funny when people teach guys to fake the smoke without the fire, and meanwhile saying “fire is overrated”.

Eventually you need to have money (fire) to have quality girls. But before you got money you could to create your own smoke. By creating your own smoke i don't mean lying to girls to have big houses and fat bank accounts. Show them you are someone hardworking, ambitious, knowing what you want and trying hard to create your own future.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
The original post is quintessential solipsism. Literally backed up by evidence of what men like, therefore that is what women like.

It's more true for hookup culture. But it isn't true for marriage or long term relationships.

"If I can't control him he's worthless to me"

Really, the #1 skill to have is communication. Of course you shouldn't look like crap either. But there are bums that get women too lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.