The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A New Year Opportunity for Freelancers Who Need a Place to Start

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
If you plan to freelance in the new year as a source of income, or even if you're already freelancing and looking for ways to grow, there is a big opportunity that exists right now. We talk about it every day on the forum, but not in this context. That opportunity exists in the following buzzwords:
  • Blockchain
  • Cryptocurrency
  • NFTs
  • DeFi
  • Web 3.0
  • Dapp
  • DaO

If reading that made your brain meltdown like Chernobyl, then the problem seems obvious. But I wanted to share what I'm seeing from an INSIDERS's perspective.

For Writers
On Upwork, my account receives 1-3 invitations almost every day from clients looking for help to write about these words. I don't offer writing in this area, but if I were a new writer looking for work, this is where I would turn.

So few freelancers understand even the basics of blockchain topics that educating yourself through the free resources available on this forum with threads like this and this, and this one on the Inside, is more than enough to transform you into an in-demand freelancer even without experience. Combine that with the fact that nobody has time to learn these topics, and that the topics themselves are complex, and you've got an in-demand skill that few people can offer and fewer will explore because it is "too hard" to understand.

For Developers
Enormous opportunities are coming available for developers. Businesses are trying to figure out how to use things like NFTs and smart contracts but to create smart contracts, you need a bit of coding knowledge. You can learn to create NFTs in free step-by-step walkthroughs like this one, and then offer those services to businesses all around the world. The opportunity isn't limited to NFTs. Cryptobots, cryptocurrencies, and basically all areas of blockchain involve programming skills as far as I can tell.

On Upwork, clients are already asking for services like this. Anyone who even mentions the buzzwords listed above in their profile will likely get invited to a ton of jobs. I've received some invitations for developer jobs because clients hoped that maybe there was a chance that I was also a developer in addition to a writer and could help them out (because I've worked on like two crypto gigs in the past).

Funnel Marketers
Because blockchain topics are complicated, and because new areas to explore become available every day, and because nobody wants to miss the next bitcoin, and because everybody is looking for shortcuts, and because there are shifts in how people think about employment... a lot of blockchain gurus are about to hit the market or have already done so. Those gurus operate similarly to traditional business/branding/wealth gurus and they need all of the traditional guru services from ads to emails to webinars, sales pages, and beyond.

More Areas
I don't pay that close of attention to every freelance area, but regardless of the skill you offer, if you put the word "Blockchain" in front of or behind it, you will find yourself in-demand for the foreseeable future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
they need all of the traditional guru services from ads
And it isn’t straightforward to run ads on some of the platforms for crypto etc. So if you can figure it out you’re a step ahead.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
You're awesome Lex !
These technologies interest me a lot and I've been listening to some good podcasts, even those give you foundational knowledge probably better than some people
Particularly the Tim Ferris ones with Naval Ravikant about crypto and NFTs (tim.blog/dixon) and basically all he's done about the topic

I will look into creating NFTs smart contracts or crypto as I'm already versed on development, thanks !

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
To me, the coolest part is that in order to offer these services, you need to learn about the tech. The learning part is valuable even without the freelancing part.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
To me, the coolest part is that in order to offer these services, you need to learn about the tech. The learning part is valuable even without the freelancing part.
Exactly, just going above the surface level with understanding crypto and NFTs will apply itself to other things like investing, promoting and spotting new trends
Although there's probably also a need to constantly learn , like there is in all things tech.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Even cooler is that you could get paid to learn it!

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
I have been looking into this since you first mentioned it and it is NOT beginners. Just about every single Upwork listing that I have found starts with an intermediate or expert skill level. Unless I have been looking at the wrong ones.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
I have been looking into this since you first mentioned it and it is NOT beginners. Just about every single Upwork listing that I have found starts with an intermediate or expert skill level. Unless I have been looking at the wrong ones.
Well it depends on what intermediate is to them. They often ask for an "expert" when a beginner can get it done. Look for the work you would need to do and judge by that

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

That's because you are looking through the eyes of your internal beliefs about what it means to be "intermediate" or "expert." As a result, your actions are caged by the limitations of your self-imposed rules.

I said, "If you plan to freelance in the new year, or even if you are already freelancing and are looking for ways to grow."

You came up with the word, "beginner," a means of self-sabotage that will confirm your inability to start down this path. Now you can say, internally, "I cannot do this. The jobs listed are only for others, not for beginners like me."

Who is a beginner?
Who is an expert?

How can you make the transition from one to the other considering you can literally read one free article on the internet and know more about these subjects than 90% of all people in the world?

The only rule is break all the rules.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
And if you're smart, you can also get paid partly or fully in crypto (just not some shitcoin, BTC or ETH only) and over time make way, way more than you expected.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Could be much more valuable than freelance! ;)

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019

Conquest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 10, 2021
Albany, New York
That's because you are looking through the eyes of your internal beliefs about what it means to be "intermediate" or "expert." As a result, your actions are caged by the limitations of your self-imposed rules.

I said, "If you plan to freelance in the new year, or even if you are already freelancing and are looking for ways to grow."

You came up with the word, "beginner," a means of self-sabotage that will confirm your inability to start down this path. Now you can say, internally, "I cannot do this. The jobs listed are only for others, not for beginners like me."

Who is a beginner?
Who is an expert?

How can you make the transition from one to the other considering you can literally read one free article on the internet and know more about these subjects than 90% of all people in the world?

The only rule is break all the rules.

Massive value right here. Completely disrupting my small thinking. Thank You @Lex DeVille.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.