The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A good example of advertising with YouTube

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm not into Barbour jackets but was in a department store the other day and saw one that reminds me of a favourite bike jacket I used to own.

I tried it on, but didn't want to buy because it was about £229 and I'm not going to impulse buy a wax jacket for that amount when I've no idea what a wax jacket is.

So I've been doing a bit of Googling about "wax jackets" and "barbour jackets". I've also figured out the jacket I tried on is called the Barbour Corbridge jacket.

I've then searched for "barbour corbridge" specifically to get an idea of prices. I'm a bit more educated than I was before. My new search term indicates I'm closer to purchasing than my previous search terms which show I was trying to educate myself.

When I tried the jacked on I didn't check to see if the cuffs are adjustable, or if there's inside pockets. (And I'd want to check my trusty moleskine notebook fits comfortably.)

I spotted a video about the exact jacket I'm researching (note that I've watched the 10 minute video from Barbour about their "Jackets for Life" yesterday and am starting to come round to this brand):

QH3aR8A.png

The video about the Corbridge jacket is only 1:36 and shows him talking about the pockets, cuffs, etc. (I don't think it looks great on him btw, so I'll probably go try it on again somewhere.)

c77woov.png

The description is super short and I can see a link. I don't even read the description and click the link to see what their prices are.

The link takes me here:
Mens Corbridge Wax Jacket | Barbour Wax Jackets | Barbour

g1X6Ja9.png

I now see I can buy it for £194.59 online with free UK delivery - perfect for when I go visit my mum again in a few weeks.

So I could go check it locally for size and know I've to beat £194.

If I can't get close to that price, then I can buy online.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm not into Barbour jackets but was in a department store the other day and saw one that reminds me of a favourite bike jacket I used to own.

I tried it on, but didn't want to buy because it was about £229 and I'm not going to impulse buy a wax jacket for that amount when I've no idea what a wax jacket is.

So I've been doing a bit of Googling about "wax jackets" and "barbour jackets". I've also figured out the jacket I tried on is called the Barbour Corbridge jacket.

I've then searched for "barbour corbridge" specifically to get an idea of prices. I'm a bit more educated than I was before. My new search term indicates I'm closer to purchasing than my previous search terms which show I was trying to educate myself.

When I tried the jacked on I didn't check to see if the cuffs are adjustable, or if there's inside pockets. (And I'd want to check my trusty moleskine notebook fits comfortably.)

I spot a video about the exact jacket I'm again researching (note that I've watched the 10 minute video from Barbour about their "Jackets for Life" yesterday and am starting to come round to this brand):

QH3aR8A.png

The video is only 1:36 and shows him talking about the pockets, cuffs, etc. (I don't think it looks great on him btw, so I'll probably go try it on again somewhere.)

c77woov.png

The description is super short and I can see a link. I don't even read the description and click the link to see what their prices are.

The link takes me here:
Mens Corbridge Wax Jacket | Barbour Wax Jackets | Barbour

g1X6Ja9.png

I now see I can buy it for £194.59 online with free UK delivery - perfect for when I go visit my mum again in a few weeks.

So I could go check it locally for size and know I've to beat £194.

If I can't get close to that price, then I can buy online.

I wonder if a startup will create a device soon that tags phones when you pick up an item in stores so you can be re-targeted with that item on FB, YouTube etc. If not a startup, then maybe Amazon with their fancy automated stores. Seems like a good opportunity for the person who figures it out. Every retail store in the country would want to use it.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I did exactly the same thing for a Berghaus Mera Peak jacket last January. We discover something we like, we research it's qualities, compare prices, watch videos etc.. Google takes us through the whole buying experience like a well oiled machine until we are ready to pull the pin. All it needs in most cases is a competent web site with a good price.

Interestingly enough I went to check out the Berghaus for size at Go Outdoors and they, from long past experience no-doubt, know we do this exact routine which is why they will beat any online price by 10% as an incentive to get you to purchase it in-store there and then. And why wouldn't you?

_

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is an interesting case study, but how well d you think it will work for a saturated market/product?
I’d do what others don’t think to do, don’t want to do, and don’t know how to do.

What does saturated even mean?

Startup Steve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2018
I wonder if a startup will create a device soon that tags phones when you pick up an item in stores so you can be re-targeted with that item on FB, YouTube etc. If not a startup, then maybe Amazon with their fancy automated stores. Seems like a good opportunity for the person who figures it out. Every retail store in the country would want to use it.
Geofencing around retail stores has been around for quite a while. I know there's a lot of folks working with RFID tags as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.