The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

5K for a SEO Training

Rob Lanza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 2, 2014
I'm an internet marketer promoting different affilaite products and CPA offers.

I attend a webinar where some SEO experts expose their results with SEO and they are really good. They offer a training for 5K on SEO where they specify you can make a lot more than that applying the strategies. This is not a push button training, they specified that work is required.

Would you pay 5K for an online training that may improve your business? Or would you go for other free or cheaper option on the same subject?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
For SEO? God no. Lots of places that market SEO exist looking for sales people (a relative works for one). Hire on and they'll show you what they're selling and you'll make a little money for six months instead of paying. Better yet, don't bank on SEO at all.

domi99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 13, 2014
Hey Rob,

I guess I know the training you mentioned...

Stay away from it! It's NOT worth it.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
IMO, it would be more valuable to use 5k to run AdWords campaigns yourself.

Facebook marketing is probably better than AdWords though, and I know for sure some tools exist specifically to help optimize ads (adespresso).

Taking a course will do what exactly?

1) Teach you the basics (which can be picked up from 2-3 books downloaded for free)
2) ...and then what? "Advanced" topics like target demographics and testing different ads for results? You just need some $$$ to try this for yourself, any ad optimization concerns already have a plethora of software solutions

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Everything is just a tool.

You could pay $5k and do nothing and make $0

You can get a free course on Udemy and bust your a$$ and make millions

It really comes down to sticking with what you are doing, and giving it 100%. Believe in yourself and expect failures along the way.

I have noticed that the biggest thing that higher-end info products have is support. I think they are just doing more hand holding to give better results.

I could be wrong - I've never spent more than $300 for a course/membership/secret club/product/IM thing/business thing.

From what I can tell, you would be better off taking $5k and losing it learning how to build a business yourself than giving it to somebody in an attempt to "outsource" your fear of failure.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do a 1 day AdWords or Facebook PPC workshop for a few hundred $.
OR
Hire someone to setup your campaigns.

Split the rest of your $5k on traffic and landing page/website iterations (and maybe monthly management fees if you outsourced the campaign builds).

domi99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 13, 2014
Basically they teach how to set up a private blog network. They are actually pretty good at it, however Google started de-indexing those networks.

I'm a member of that group and to be honest, I regret that I have spent the money.

The training should be called Project Juggernaut, right?

SEO isn't a real business, you can't set up a real business that is based upon Google's algorythm...

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I see the SEO hate dust still has not settled. Haha. This is a silly question as there are no references to provide proper opinions. It all depends on who is orchestrating this training. Same could be said for a PPC master, or a media buyer, or social phenom. The traffic source is irrelevant, but deciphering the facts from the fiction of their pitch is a different story all together.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Everything is just a tool.

You could pay $5k and do nothing and make $0

You can get a free course on Udemy and bust your a$$ and make millions

This is F*cking legendary. Rep transferred sir.

silverspirit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 7, 2013
Dorset, UK and Brussels, Belgum
$5k can get you some really good well written content, if you want to know about SEO read what Google puts out for example http://static.googleusercontent.com.../search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf or you can find plenty of good free info on moz.com though a lot is already outdated. The key to SEO is basically simple i.e really good engaging content that readers will want to share there are no real short cuts. It takes a lot of patience and perseverance, you will always run the risk of being hit by the next Google update and even if you do everything right your keywords can randomly get de-indexed for months ( no real control! ). One of our main sites that gets over a million Google hits a month took 4 years of grinding out good content, for the 2 years it didn't really rank for anything and hardly had any traffic but we kept on grinding no SEO apart from on site according to Google's advice no back linking just tons of good content.

It though totally depends on what you want the traffic for? if its to push a product or a brand I would concentrate on paid traffic and ether learn or as Andy mentions pay someone with 5k you should be able to gather enough data from running campaigns to work out customer acquisition costs.

Rob Lanza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 2, 2014
Basically they teach how to set up a private blog network. They are actually pretty good at it, however Google started de-indexing those networks.

I'm a member of that group and to be honest, I regret that I have spent the money.

The training should be called Project Juggernaut, right?

SEO isn't a real business, you can't set up a real business that is based upon Google's algorythm...

Hi,

Yes, that one is the training I'm talking about.

Good to know someone that joined it and provide a valuable comment about it. Thanks!

Thanks everybody for your comments and recommendations. I'll invest that money in something better to make my business grow. And that's right I can learn about SEO, PBNs and all that stuff with free or a lot more cheaper information in case I'm interested.

But well, I don't want to depend on Google's algo...

Thanks!

Rob

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I personally do think SEO is valuable - and interesting. I can see why anybody would want to learn more about it.

All I wanted to say with my comment was that you can do it without a $5k training.

If you take that $5k and spend the next 12-24 months building out some really awesome, quality sites you will probably get a way better education.

I myself paid $300 for a course on building niche sites. I am going to say that again - NICHE SITES

I still own one of them to tell you the truth

Just go for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.