The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

50K cash right now to invest. What to do?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Bailey

Banned
Apr 22, 2013
50K is heavy amount to spend,so I simply suggest you to make it more earning and profitable ,by investing it to forex trading or binary option trading.It will give you much amount of money after a short time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

odai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2013
Kansas City
Bitcoin. :coolgleamA:

I hear that the Bitcoin to USD exchange rate fluctuates frequently and intensely, so you could make money trying to buy BC undervalued and exchange for USD when they're overvalued. After some quick research though, it seems like that would be too risky and time-consuming to be worth the meager returns.

Based on my limited knowledge, real estate or blue chip stocks seem like a safe bet. This is something I'm trying to figure out myself, for when I do have cash to invest.

Liz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 1, 2013
South Africa
The price of gold is falling. Wait a little bit to see what is happening. Maybe it will be a good investment.

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
A lot of people here telling him to get educated first. What kind education?

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I have 40k saved up and I am wondering the same thing. I have no idea what to invest in. I'm 21 btw
A fastlane business of course. :)

Really, if had 40-50k right now, it would be going straight into my business. Outsource some work, speed things along. Things would just be moving so much faster.

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago
A lot of people here telling him to get educated first. What kind education?
figure out what you want and learn.

Your money doesnt mean much w/o the know how.
There is a reason some people can go from poor to rich, back to poor, and then rich again.

G

Guest4231

How to invest 40-50k?
First, I would be my own consultant. I do not trust any “consultant” from a bank. They sell you all kind of products, considering mainly their personal bonus, but not what fits best for you.

Second, determine your risk-reward profile.
The higher your reward (interests) should be, the higher is as well the risk.
I would invest in bigger and smaller companies (stock market). There are many good funds.
Do not invest more than 50% at once. Keep some money in case the markets go down for 10-20%. Then one can jump in.

This is also how I invested my money in the last 7-8 years.

G

GuestUser140

Do not invest more than 50% at once. Keep some money in case the markets go down for 10-20%. Then one can jump in.

This is also how I invested my money in the last 7-8 years.

...and are you rocking scissor doors now?

With all respect, but hope does not belong on a fastlane forum.

7-8 years from now you could be driving lambos if you WORK and APLY what's in MJ's Book.

OP: read TMF , think, take $ 5000, go.

You will be making 100% yearly returns if not more.

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
Limitup's thread really seems like it would lead you somewhere. With that much space and capital for trial-and-error, you could test safely until you get your desired results. With 50k it would also be easy to outsource. I'd use the money to create a business that can be easily scaled. Or scale your current business further. Labor intensive wise, Limitup's thread really seems to be where I'd look into.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Buy bank of america stock. The stock is currently in an uptrend. The next big resistance is going to be at around $20 per share. Buy now at $14 and sell at 20$ making $6 dollars per share.

But that's just my advice ! lol

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Gold I cant agree with you on. However silver is a good trade right now. Its up trending. And you can never go wrong with real estate. Only problem with real estate is that its not very liquid.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Buy now at $14 and sell at 20$ making $6 dollars per share.

If everyone is doing one thing, run the opposite way.

Don't invest in what someone tells you to, invest in a solid business with strong leaders. Look at the financials of that business.

Emo6126

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 26, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
look into TSLA stock, should be hitting $200 by end of year, got in @ $50

another long term idea is micro loans...I have been playing around with it and draw in a pretty decent 13% return

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
look into TSLA stock, should be hitting $200 by end of year, got in @ $50

another long term idea is micro loans...I have been playing around with it and draw in a pretty decent 13% return
Says who?

jeandearme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 2, 2011
I personally love the silent JVs on a land development/RE deals; getting 100% ROI or more within a couple months isn't half bad. Most people will have their eyeballs fall out when they hear that, but believe it or not there are even better ROIs out there.

Comes back to the key; Knowledge is POWER my friend. Get educated first and foremost.

Agreed. My friend is in real estate bussiness and he showed me that it's easy to get 100%/year. The more money You have to invest the more ROI You will get. The biggest deal I've seen with my own eyes is when investor put 1,500,000 PLN (appx. $500,000 ) and in time of one quarter (yes, three months!) he got 7,000,000 PLN back (appx. $2,300,000 ). The buliding was without windows or doors (preety much devastated), solding to individuals where prices with getting it to the state where You can normally live was 20% lower than market prices. FYI, investor was driving Lexus GS300. Silently, he makes his fortune multiply each year.

Real estate IS fastlane, when You know what are You doing OR You have people how knows the deals. Ideally, it's best to have it both.

Chopper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Aug 8, 2013
My perspective is that when companies go public the stock market is funding someone else's exit.

Stock investing doesn't seem to fit well with the fastlane approach, but I'm new here...

For me, aside from investing in a venture I can control I would go with something that is protected from inflation. If I was feeling adventurous I would put it in convertible notes, hold to maturity or sell on conversion.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

bmw335isedan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 20, 2013
I would invest in Crude Oil since US is about to invade Syria, which will cause a lot of demand for Oil. I am Long on crude oil 70 contracts right now since $107.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
What do the rest of your finances look like?

Is the $50k your only cash? Do you have 12 months (minimum) of cash saved up?

If so, then do you have other investments? Is the $50k 5% of your portfolio for speculation? Or is it 100% of your portfolio?

If this is your only cash, then you need to stay liquid.

If you have opportunity to invest in your own business for return, this may be your best option. Most successful business people can generate very high ROI in their own company, but struggle for 6-8% in passive investments.

If you have no investment options in your own company and 12 months cash, then maybe consider other passive investments.

For $50k, what is your risk profile? Are you willing to lose 100%? How would that feel?

My point is your question is too vague to get a real answer. Your situation varies greatly from mine and probably everyone else on this forum.

Personally, for $50k I would probably either buy gold and silver or put that into a real estate deal.

But I already have a business generating cash flow, more than 3 years worth of cash, some gold and silver, an investment portfolio that generates enough investment income for annual living expenses, and just bought some real estate. So my focus is now on hard assets that produce cash flow (ie rental real estate).

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
Start a business. Sure, some ETFs, gold, or WTI will do good, but mom and pop investors will always be raped by HFT firms.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
I second GlobalWealth on Real Estate, as long as you have a bit of knowledge in that field and that it doesn't consume too much of your time for maintenance, etc. Also, you'll have to joint venture with an income partner if you can't get approved on a mortgage(s).

In total I've invested just shy of 50k this year in Real Estate and getting around $2k/month cashflow. Can be a great return if you know what you're doing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This thread is three months old. Im sure the op already went on a spending spree at rent a center and then bought a 1999 ferrari with 640 thousand miles on it.

There is only $12 left.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Care to share the details of this deal?

Definitely, it was 3 deals actually. And the money I put in was 53k.. Since I'm a Realtor though I got back around 13k of it so in total I've put in about 40k.

I made a progress thread about it here:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/fa...ans-progress-thread-real-estate-fastlane.html

In short, the first was a house I purchased all on my own credit. I converted it to a college rental. It has 7 bedrooms and I also rent the detached garage. It totals $3,900 in income every month and after all expenses, insurance, taxes I make around $1500/mo positive cashflow. The down payment & fees were about 20k.

The other two deals are rent-to-own investments that I partnered with someone else since I couldn't get approved for any more mortgages. My monthly cashflow on these is approx $480/month. The first cost me $8,600 and the second was $24,000 to cover down payment and closing fees.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Runum is right it's not my job to do that, was just trying to help OP get some better responses.

I would simply invest in real estate and continue working on my startups.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I don't think a lot of people are getting the point of this thread, hes asking what YOU would do with the money if you had it. Not asking for advice, he has ideas of his own and is just curious to see what other people would do and maybe that will spark another idea of his own.

It's so good that you joined the forum just so you could set us all straight and clarify everything for us. I don't know how we all got along without you all these years. My life is now complete. Thanks.

D

DeletedUser2

It's so good that you joined the forum just so you could set us all straight and clarify everything for us. I don't know how we all got along without you all these years. My life is now complete. Thanks.

I feel the same way.....

completed,

saved from a life indistinguishable sorrow and utter incompetence

he has shown me the way

It could all be so easy....

only I blocked his sorry a$$.

Z

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
This is just my opinion and one scenario of what I'd do today: hold half in reserve in a low risk investment, to inject later for growth. With the remaining half, take half of that and reserve it for marketing and publicity. With the remaining 1/4 ($12.5k), I'd use it to source a product - either buy an existing website, build an app, have an initial run of a supplement manufactured, or source a product to import, test it, refine it then make the initial order. Then take the funds we reserved for marketing and launch the product and give it a good push until its flying. Have that extra half held in reserve just in case we need to give it a little more throttle every now and then to cover a cash flow crunch or whatever comes up until we're at cruising altitude. Then either maintain it as a lifestyle thing or reinvest the profits and blow it up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.