The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$500 a day at 18. Feeling the taste of the Fastlane

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

ivan i

Retiring at 25
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Mar 4, 2018
Canada
As I finished high school, I took the excellent decision to take a gap year and set my life straight both in health and finance. I have been working as a freelance graphic designer for over three years now, and though this isn't "fastlane", or a business even, (I just created myself a job), I am definitely feeling the taste! I had my biggest payday today at $500 clean. I'm very proud of the work I've been doing, and I'm very glad I didn't listen to those who said design wasn't a profitable business. I think the next step is to find someone who can do what I do, and pay them so I can finally start doing other things.

For reference, I make designs specifically for forums called "thread designs" which sellers place on their thread to advertise their product. Here is one below for example:

68747470733a2f2f696d6775722e636f6d2f566a4a786a39452e706e67

What's funny is these thread designs are laid out almost like websites, so I feel like I have the general knack for "site design" but not the programming knowledge to start yet.
I usually charge around $80 for a design like this, in CAD. I've never worked with real life businesses, and don't really ever plan to in the design field. However I do really want to get into web design since @Fox had a really inspiring thread.

Even though I'm making alright money I really haven't progressed much since my last post a few years ago. But my hunger for success is growing every single day because I have only 7 months until University starts again, and I am dreading it. I have so many ideas on my mind (YouTube, Web design, Ecommerce) and I feel like I'm not going to achieve them with the time I have left. I really wish I didn't have to go to university; my fitness levels are great, I'm making good money ,and it finally feels like I'm somewhat in control of my life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ivan sntr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Nov 27, 2017
Sydney
But my hunger for success is growing every single day because I have only 7 months until University starts again, and I am dreading it. I have so many ideas on my mind (YouTube, Web design, Ecommerce) and I feel like I'm not going to achieve them with the time I have left.

I don't know what you study and what you want to become. So this statement will be pretty vague:

University will contribute very little to your success as a freelancer. Don't feel forced to finish university if you already found what you want to do... Many of the most successful people dropped out of university... steve jobs and mark zuckerberg, just to name two.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I have so many ideas on my mind (YouTube, Web design, Ecommerce) and I feel like I'm not going to achieve them with the time I have left. I really wish I didn't have to go to university; my fitness levels are great, I'm making good money ,and it finally feels like I'm somewhat in control of my life.
Glad you've had a good gap year. Remember, you don't have to go if you don't want to. It sounds like you've already made your mind up, so stay positive! Some of your biggest breakthroughs can come whilst studying! I would've had had the drive to make my first £10k if I hadn't hated school so much.

If you go to uni, I think you should work more on your YouTube idea. YouTube is the top place to be the 1%, stand out and to produce for the 99%. Eamon & Bec started their travel vlog in March 2017, doing ok but not really going viral... Until they switched format and built a van to travel in. Three years later they renovated a stunning house overlooking a lake, have a boat, jetskis, cars, buggies, and will be spending winter away from Canada travelling! They get over 500k views per video and all they're doing is well, whatever they want.

I think their journey is an example that
1) it's never too late - many people avoided created YouTube channels in 2017 as they felt it was too late to get popular
2) by creating content you become the producer and are part of the 1% creators on the platform vs the 99%+, and increasing, consumers
3) find a niche, a way to be bold, and the view's will come. Then you're not only part of the 1% of creators, but one of the 1% of creators bringing in a large amount of views.

There are an increasing amount of people going to university who don't want to go, but feel pushed or persuaded into the decision, so if you tap into that audience and can find a bold way to engage these people, differently from the usual uni blogger who does fashion, study advice, etc. you could be onto a winner.

strmlined

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 25, 2021
Hey man what is your social media's or email I can give you some work

As I finished high school, I took the excellent decision to take a gap year and set my life straight both in health and finance. I have been working as a freelance graphic designer for over three years now, and though this isn't "fastlane", or a business even, (I just created myself a job), I am definitely feeling the taste! I had my biggest payday today at $500 clean. I'm very proud of the work I've been doing, and I'm very glad I didn't listen to those who said design wasn't a profitable business. I think the next step is to find someone who can do what I do, and pay them so I can finally start doing other things.

For reference, I make designs specifically for forums called "thread designs" which sellers place on their thread to advertise their product. Here is one below for example:

What's funny is these thread designs are laid out almost like websites, so I feel like I have the general knack for "site design" but not the programming knowledge to start yet.
I usually charge around $80 for a design like this, in CAD. I've never worked with real life businesses, and don't really ever plan to in the design field. However I do really want to get into web design since @Fox had a really inspiring thread.

Even though I'm making alright money I really haven't progressed much since my last post a few years ago. But my hunger for success is growing every single day because I have only 7 months until University starts again, and I am dreading it. I have so many ideas on my mind (YouTube, Web design, Ecommerce) and I feel like I'm not going to achieve them with the time I have left. I really wish I didn't have to go to university; my fitness levels are great, I'm making good money ,and it finally feels like I'm somewhat in control of my life.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I usually charge around $80 for a design like this, in CAD.

Charge by the value you've provided. Read Breaking The Time Barrier by Mike McDerment.

I've never worked with real life businesses, and don't really ever plan to in the design field.

Just because it's an online business doesn't mean it's not real life, lol

ivan i

Retiring at 25
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Mar 4, 2018
Canada
Charge by the value you've provided. Read Breaking The Time Barrier by Mike McDerment.

Maybe I value myself far too low because it always seemed like this was a good price. Besides, the people on these forums don’t have the budget to pay higher; I wouldn’t get any orders if I charged higher.

And yes it is “real life” but the people I work with are not companies and just have their little projects going on. I think there is a lot of space between what I do and a “real” design agency for example

ivan i

Retiring at 25
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Mar 4, 2018
Canada
Glad you've had a good gap year. Remember, you don't have to go if you don't want to. It sounds like you've already made your mind up, so stay positive! Some of your biggest breakthroughs can come whilst studying! I would've had had the drive to make my first £10k if I hadn't hated school so much.

If you go to uni, I think you should work more on your YouTube idea. YouTube is the top place to be the 1%, stand out and to produce for the 99%. Eamon & Bec started their travel vlog in March 2017, doing ok but not really going viral... Until they switched format and built a van to travel in. Three years later they renovated a stunning house overlooking a lake, have a boat, jetskis, cars, buggies, and will be spending winter away from Canada travelling! They get over 500k views per video and all they're doing is well, whatever they want.

I think their journey is an example that
1) it's never too late - many people avoided created YouTube channels in 2017 as they felt it was too late to get popular
2) by creating content you become the producer and are part of the 1% creators on the platform vs the 99%+, and increasing, consumers
3) find a niche, a way to be bold, and the view's will come. Then you're not only part of the 1% of creators, but one of the 1% of creators bringing in a large amount of views.

There are an increasing amount of people going to university who don't want to go, but feel pushed or persuaded into the decision, so if you tap into that audience and can find a bold way to engage these people, differently from the usual uni blogger who does fashion, study advice, etc. you could be onto a winner.
I agree completely, I got big on YouTube when I was a kid and have been desperate to get a big new channel. It’s cool to have a personality channel where you sit and speak in front of the camera, but the best channels are “top 10’s”, and “clip” channels because they allow you to outsource the work and pretty much automate the YouTube process once you are big enough.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I have this fantasy of building a B2B product-based company like Howard Hughes inherited from his father, the Hughes Tool Company.

The specialized knowledge to get into such a high E - entry - business is extremely rare and hard to come by.

I think a lot of people miss out on opportunities and needs out there simply because they don't know what they don't know.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

I just read that book, thanks for sharing!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

iamnoah_mz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 20, 2022
Morocco

Are you using adobe XD for the designs?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.