The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

29 Years old: Just bought my 2nd Lambo (not clickbait)

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

28361147079_897de9ec79_b.jpg

40141410661_658a1e7cc7_b.jpg

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Cheers to the first (of hopefully many)!

Get started today guys. Have no fear. Just take calculated chances.
Alex

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

REP ++

That was you driving down Michigan Ave. the other day? jk

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).
I had the biggest smile on my face reading your story, espicially this part.

Massive, massive congrats on one of many milestones, bud.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Congrats my man!
Do you have a progress thread?

Are you that lazy? Do you need a step by step guide on how to search this forum? Or how to look at a users profile?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Congrats man! When did you determine the time was right to buy the lambo?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Are you that lazy? Do you need a step by step guide on how to search this forum? Or how to look at a users profile?

Save your energy man, just hit that ignore button.

Ontopic: thanks for posting this. Really spikes my motivation!

Tri Pham

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Nov 7, 2017
San Jose, California
My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Congratulations, Alex.

What better symbol of "FU" towards conventional Scripted dogma than a bold Lamborghini Gallardo.

Thanks for trusting the process, giving value, and sharing your experiences, brotha.

If you serve, you deserve :)

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
For some reason, seeing your Lambo makes me feel good even though it's not mine lol

#feelsgoodman

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

Alex
Congrats!

Calculated chances....now that's a term to live by.

Congrats my man!
Do you have a progress thread?
I think there are a few around here...let me dig them up....

GOLD - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free

GOLD - 24 Years old: QUIT six-figure Job, Launched two Businesses

I smell Gold.
indiana-jones-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-580.png

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto

Alex

I'm not surprised by this one bit. This guys been grinding like a mofo for a decade. Take note kids.

Congrats Alex! She's a beaut.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Damn! FN Congrats man!! Marked NOTABLE for accomplishing a big goal!

And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

I owned my first Lambo for a couple of years and the NET loss on the buy to sell was only like $8,000. Of course there is maintenance and stuff, but damn, sometimes you have to look at these things from start to finish... not what it costs initially.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia

Alex
Congratulations. Very inspiring story. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.