The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

29 Years old: Just bought my 2nd Lambo (not clickbait)

Selfmadeujjwal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 27, 2022
India
9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

28361147079_897de9ec79_b.jpg

40141410661_658a1e7cc7_b.jpg

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Cheers to the first (of hopefully many)!

Get started today guys. Have no fear. Just take calculated chances.
Alex
What's your entrepreneurial journey? Just curious

patchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Oct 15, 2022
Respect my fav is also a Lamborghini I would love to own a urus just dont have the money for a basic car right now haha but the vision is there

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

football4life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Oct 16, 2022
9 and 1/2 years ago, when I was just 18 years old, I hit the "join" button on a forum that would forever change my life. I was already an entrepreneur at heart - and had tried a few things - but I had now found a like-minded group to share ideas and thoughts with. This catalyst was the equivalent of adding rocket fuel to my entrepreneurial gas tank. While I had to put in thousands (and thousands) of hours of work + critical thinking and trial and error - there is no doubt in my mind that this journey was sped up by a few years thanks to @MJ DeMarco (and others thanked in numerous other threads of mine).

What will 9 years get you on this forum? A gated 6-speed Lamborghini Gallardo (if that floats your boat). More importantly it will get you a new line of thinking (UNSCRIPTED ), an appreciation of your most valuable asset (TIME), and the ability to appreciate FAILURE.

I'm nervous even posting about this, because it feels a bit unreal to me. Truly, I keep telling my friends who know about it that it "doesn't feel real" or "doesn't feel like it's mine yet". But this past Saturday I bought her and drove her 700 miles home (with my girlfriend of 11 years, who has been here this whole journey) back to Chicago. Had about 300 pictures taken by strangers along the way haha.

28361147079_897de9ec79_b.jpg

40141410661_658a1e7cc7_b.jpg

If you asked 18 year old me what my goals were, I would have said "7,000SF house, multiple Lamborghinis, Own a Sports Team, etc.)... but as I have conquered larger obstacles and "grown up" a bit... my goals shifted. I still plan on owning multiple Lambos (I love everything about them, the artwork of the design, the engineering and power, the sound, the drama, etc.)... but getting this car was an important reminder to me that success is not a destination. It is a way of life (for me, having my TIME to myself).

If success were a destination, then that destination would forever elude you (i.e. you get to $10M in networth, you want $50M next...etc. etc.)... In that scenario you are never truly happy. I think coming to know that the ride is what is important is such an overused but MEGA important reminder. Owning this car is a reminder that I need to enjoy the ride and not hoard every available line of credit/dollar for business deals only. And, at the end of the day I got this particular Lambo because I believe I can drive it for 1-2 years and not lose money on it (barring any acts of God) - which is exactly what I did with my 911 Turbo (sold for $1,000 more than I paid for it originally, after 8,000 miles of enjoyment).

My favorite things on this journey (aside from the new friends I have made along the way) has been tackling challenges I set for myself, helping my employees grow (who are now like my family), and becoming a better human being through personal development. Make it your mission to serve others (employees, customers, etc.) and your success will be a bi-product. That is my new goal in life. I'm sure it will lead to more Lambos :cool:

Cheers to the first (of hopefully many)!

Get started today guys. Have no fear. Just take calculated chances.
Alex
Congratulations!

Goodfella999

My biggest regret is not starting sooner
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 29, 2022
South FL
This is just awesome. When I bought my corvette this year I felt a slight sense of accomplishment. I cant imagine the lambo feeling. Thats on my radar. Congrats on the double lambo

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
congats. networth and source of wealth?

Last time the forum checked credentials of all its users, it was $19,620,000 and he owned an eCommerce business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.