The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2020 Fastlane Summit at Talking Stick Resort... Event Info

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
I'm in!

TNT Ron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 20, 2014
If this topic is of value, I'd like to present my strategies for obtaining clients using cold email, Google Display ads, Facebook ads, Linkedin ads, and job boards. I could also go into tips on finding company owner emails by using tools like hunter.io and outsourcing the lead email contact list. Also, tips on qualifying clients to make sure you don't waste your time with bad clients.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Going. Always look forward to the summit.

If there's interest, I propose a panel discussion on starting and running a Hustle House, based on this thread: "Hustle House": What would you want living-wise as an entrepreneur?

Myself and 2 other Fastlaners are halfway through ours. @AgainstAllOdds is considering starting one next year. There are a number of others who have also started their own houses and made tremendous progress by doing so.

I could also speak on starting and growing a productized service business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Round 2!

I'd be happy to speak about paid advertising. Here are a few topic ideas:
1. advertising fundamentals - get your paid search or social ads build on a solid foundation
2. how to manipulate the most important metric in advertising - conversion rate
3. leveraging automation and psychology - the digital landscape is evolving quickly but some things will never change

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If this topic is of value, I'd like to present my strategies for obtaining clients using cold email, Google Display ads, Facebook ads, Linkedin ads, and job boards. I could also go into tips on finding company owner emails by using tools like hunter.io and outsourcing the lead email contact list. Also, tips on qualifying clients to make sure you don't waste your time with bad clients.
Going. Always look forward to the summit.

If there's interest, I propose a panel discussion on starting and running a Hustle House, based on this thread: "Hustle House": What would you want living-wise as an entrepreneur?

Myself and 2 other Fastlaners are halfway through ours. @AgainstAllOdds is considering starting one next year. There are a number of others who have also started their own houses and made tremendous progress by doing so.

I could also speak on starting and growing a productized service business.
Round 2!

I'd be happy to speak about paid advertising. Here are a few topic ideas:
1. advertising fundamentals - get your paid search or social ads build on a solid foundation
2. how to manipulate the most important metric in advertising - conversion rate
3. leveraging automation and psychology - the digital landscape is evolving quickly but some things will never change

All sound a whole lot of awesome. Thank you!

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
I'll throw my hat in the ring to speak. Here's a few topics I could cover if you think there is interest.

1. Owning and growing a brick-and-mortar business
2. Raising start-up capital (currently in progress)
3. Starting a software company without knowing how to code

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I’ll jump in if there’s spaces and speak on e-commerce/buying an online business, scaling your company

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I'll throw my hat in the ring for speaking.

I really enjoyed hearing @million$$$smile journey/story and I think I'd just tell my story in general. Choosing between lifestyle and enterprise businesses. Growing teams with equity. Problems I've faced and overcome. If you need something more concrete than just a story, I'm sure I can come up with something.

Hopefully by the time the summit rolls around we'll be well passed our sales goals.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
If you're still looking for speakers, I'd be happy to share my experiences with multifamily real estate and "house hacking" - I own 4 apartments right now, am closing on my next property in a week, and have another property under contract for mid-November.

I think real estate can be a great vehicle to building wealth as it can give you control over where you live, while allowing you to cashflow, pay down principal on healthy debt, and force appreciation with renovations. I'm fairly involved in a strong real estate network in SW Ontario, and have worked with several flippers and long term investors. The strategies I have picked up from my own experiences, as well as many others, are definitely transferable geographically.

Let me know if this is potentially of interest and I could definitely put together a more thorough outline for a presentation!

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
I do not recall.

I do not recall.

I do not recall.

..... See you soon! lol

So an old guy is trying to ask his landlady for a date. She tells him sorry, she's really too young for him.
He: How would you know that?
She: Well, I can tell you your exact age.
He: No you can't.
She: Yes I can. Pull you pants down.
So he pulls his pants down.
She looks at him,
She: You're 82.
He: How did you know that?
She: Because you told me yesterday.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Alright, my proposed topic for speaking:

Three YEARS in the Desert of Desertion - A Survival Guide
How hardships, hurdles, and perseverance can get you through the lowest point(s) of your entrepreneurial life, no matter what.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I keep saying $___ is nothing every month since like... two years ago and thus I've been stuck at that same amount for the whole two years. Half because life and half because me. I know $1k is nothing in the grand scheme of things but I've fallen behind for so long telling that to myself. If I get great knowledge and still be emotional me and not execute on it, I still wasted 1k.

I appreciate you guys encouraging me to go though. I'll think about it. t_t

Just curious on what else you’ve been spending your money on for the past two years where you’ve said this to yourself.

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
I would love to join the 2020 summit, unfortunely i dont have much experience in business regard to offer for a speach but i could give a speach about social anxiety for those who are struggling with doing cold calls, presentations or talking to members of the opposite sex.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Just curious on what else you’ve been spending your money on for the past two years where you’ve said this to yourself.

Hookers and drugs, duh

-Divorce lawyer $3k - I didn't ask for anything cause I just wanted to get over with it. It was dumb but the toxicity was even worse.
- I had to move twice after my divorce, both times even with friends' help between mattress and IKEA essentials (yeah, only essentials) I got set back around 1k each time
- Tuition to finish my associates, books
- Therapy sessions
- Computer, after my Macbook pro died overnight after 7 years. RIP MB
-My cat needed a tooth extraction, that was around $700
-Then I needed all my wisdom teeth surgically removed, that was $2500 after insurance
-Each visit to Argentina 2017/2018 set me back like $2.5k -which is why I've decided to not visit anymore until I buy the house-

On the mostly dumb, retail therapy side:
-Apple Watch couple years ago
-A big desk to make art/write/work on (to be fair that was $40 and $50 each leg at IKEA)
-Sold my iPad to my bf to upgrade it to the one that supported Apple Pencil, to draw.
-Fishes are WAYYY more expensive to keep alive than I thought. Not getting a fish again for a while. RIP Arthur Curry (2017-2019)
-Art Supplies for the soul.
-Oil painting classes to do something I liked.
-Camera to film painting progress to upload to YouTube.

On the "yeahhh you probably shouldn't have" side:

-Go over my play money and eat out too much. I say yes to dates I can't afford. Keep telling my bf to remind me then I break my own rules.
-I bought my best friend an indoor bike. She has money problems and couldn't afford to go to the gym and was getting depressed and I wanted to help her.
-I bought my boyfriend a gaming chair for his birthday. Let's just say I can't be stingy with gifts for friends and family.

That's about it that I can recall, because the rest are small things that add up. Then what goes in the savings ends up coming out of the savings.

I still got the cheapest phone plan, no gym, I spend $100/mo on groceries, I don't even have internet... I don't lack the capacity to save with my current income but I've forgotten how to say no to myself after some bad times. I know exactly where I'm going wrong. Save the "you don't want it bad enough", I'm working on this. :bored:

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@BellaPippin what paths are you running for more income and passive income?
work both sides of the equation ..... save some, make a lot more (10x)

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Knowing what I know now, I would pay for this event not only with the last dollars in my bank account, but with my last available credit on my credit card.

There are exactly two things that need to happen if you want this event to change your life.

#1- GO!

#2- Put yourself out there when you do go... Talk with everyone. Make friends. Ask questions.

#2 is the most important.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
@BellaPippin what paths are you running for more income and passive income?
work both sides of the equation ..... save some, make a lot more (10x)

Some Upwork, but I've only got one gig so far, I should keep pushing. It's my best bet at fast cash I think. I've got some custom cases I had manufactured quite a bit ago I'm gonna try to put on eBay and see if they sell.

Not sure if I quit the travel booking too prematurely or indeed there wasn't much echo, but I thought I could make a hundred or two each time someone booked, for little work time. But I just got one inquiry from the promotion and it wasn't even an eligible person.

I'm trying to private label now but that's gonna take a bit of time.

Failing often maybe something will stick sometime...

I would pay for this event not only with the last dollars in my bank account, but with my last available credit on my credit card.

Well I've got plenty of credit available, over 30k...I just avoid carrying a balance for the mortgage application/keeping my credit pristine. Not that it's gonna happen soon anyway but I've become a bit averse at financing things out of anxiety I guess? The whole "dang I went over budget now I gotta use savings to pay off the card and stay at zero (I use the CC for points)" now put me in this mentality of "you forgot how to manage budget/credit, stay clear of financing just in case"

I just uhh... that relationship really F*cked me up mentally. Can we stop derailing this thread I appreciate it I promise I will think about it.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
Can we stop derailing this thread I appreciate it I promise I will think about it.
There's probably quite a few followers of this thread who are on the fence too... You might be inspiring them to go

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.