The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016 Fastlane Summit, Official Event Thread

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
My brain is still spinning with all the Knawledge from this event so this will be brief and likely incoherent.

I hope that over the summit and from my posts I've been able to contribute back to this community somewhat to help people prosper and grow. I thank you all for your advice and insights to my business as well. You've confirmed my decision to kill it and find another opportunity. What that is... I don't know yet but I hope to be able to talk about some success at next year's summit.

It was a great event for sure; not just for the sessions but for the people. Many thanks have already been posted to all the speakers and I'd like to echo those thanks once again.

I was expecting to be able to put faces with forum names and maybe learn about others businesses with some superficial depth. But I wasn't expecting what unfolded. I have been surprised by the depth of the relationships formed and that businesses were discussed. From posts by @BaraQueenbee, @MJ DeMarco and others I see that I'm not alone in the connectedness that was felt. It first started with @JonnyC and @NYCGoblin at the airport and didn't let up.

Before I left I challenged @throttleforward to post an INE of his own as he pursues his current path. I look forward to his post and to hear his update next year. He in turn challenged me to exercise one of his suggestions about giving free marketing advice to someone 'cold'. I'm not a digital marketer but I may be at some point in the distant future, so challenge accepted!

@Boom I just finished listening to your CDs as I wait for my flight. Thank you for this gift. I don't yet know if expanding my REI is my preferred path but you've given me a lot to consider and apply a Canadian perspective to.

I look forward to kicking the asses off some of you over [HASHTAG]#slack[/HASHTAG] soon. If you don't know how to reach me there, send me a PM, text, email, carrier pigeon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Thanks to @AllenCrawley @MJ DeMarco @Red @Eskil for putting this together along with all of the other presenters. I had a awesome time and it definitely wont be my last time coming. This will now be an annual thing for me and hopefully one day I can contribute and do a presentation. I met a tons of great people and learned a ton.

On the plane, I read half of the book already. This will be my second time reading it and I must say that the second time was way better. Maybe it is because I was reading from the actual book instead of a PDF/kindle.

One thing I regret was not living in the hotel. I stayed at a friends place in Goodyear, AZ. It was 45 minutes away so next time I am going to stay at the same hotel.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I wanna see pictures! Please share!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I agree. There were a lot of pictures taken and I would love to see them!

Unfortunately I only took one picture and it was just with MJ and myself. I looked again at that picture and I what I see on MJ's face is genuine. I know he does not want to be a guru, but holy crap has everything he has started ever touched lives!

I really enjoyed meeting everyone, and I know I will be keeping in touch with a lot of you. Wow, what a week!

Omni

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 18, 2014
Wow, you guys are such a fantastic group of people! Words can't describe how amazing it feels to meet such like minded and down to earth folks. I have absolutely no regrets for attending my 1st fastlane summit. ZERO. Like what @Iwokeup said, now it's all about applying, focusing and setting up the environment to keep this elevated level of motivation.

Thank you to @Red, @Eskil, @AllenCrawley, @MJ DeMarco for organizing and coordinating everything. Special thanks to @Boom and @Sauce for being the coolest and funniest seat-mates, and to @BaraQueenbee for being the most awesome roomie anyone could ever ask for!

Excited to hear what we'll accomplish in the next few months!

-Big Willie

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
I felt like I was saying leaving a family behind.

This.

Me and Eskil DeMarco

12750079_837986026327692_1585301985_n.jpg

And the epic handout of the Bourbon, perfect timing

Back to the sunny Lisbon.

Last edited:

Travis Phipps

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Apr 17, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I'm back at the home office trying to shake off a case of the "I wish it wasn't over's".

First of all, I wanted to thank each and every attendee. I desperately tried to meet everyone (and I think I got close), but if we didn't get a chance to meet personally, please send me a PM, and we'll do it that way.

This is only my second event, and I must say...it was even better than last year! I never would have believed that was possible.

All of the speakers were incredible and gave me so much. I took away too many value nuggets, that I haven't even processed them yet.

The best part of these events is building the personal relationships. I spend a lot of time in front of my computer, or on client calls/visits. I don't get to meet like minded individuals who can help me blow my business up, with just a few words of advice.

I would like to do a longer follow up post, where I list some of the specifics that helped me...from each speaker and from each conversation (this will be a daunting task, but it might be fun).

Let me tell you a "True Story". This event in 2015 was largely responsible for a HUGE boost in my business last year. When I say HUGE, I mean think 100% growth. I can't attribute all of that growth to the meetup, but it may very well be responsible for 75% of that growth. I'm a numbers guy and an objective guy...so, I had to throw that out there. Because I believe that a lot of people see these events as a good for "networking" or getting some good "advice" or "inspiration". Don't get me wrong...it is awesome for those things, but if you implement just one or two things you pick up this conference...it can be life changing...

There aren't enough like buttons, or shout-outs I can give. Please know I am very grateful to each and every one of you!

T

PS: I wrote a "day after" post in March 2015. You can read it here: Travis' 2015 day after post. I got a kick out of reading that post, much of it also applies to 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

Travis Phipps

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Apr 17, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Oh...forgot to mention.

The "bonuses" I mentioned in my presentation will be available at the end of the week. I'll post them on a Google Drive or something. I've got some catching up to do business-wise the next couple of days, but then I'll spend some time and put everything together for the attendees.

Alright...back to work :).

T

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I like the Summit Attendee badge.

It looks great! Guess I'll have to make an effort to come again next year so I can nab me one of those. ;)

Seriously, though - knew I wouldn't make it this year due to some personal/family stuff that I'd rather not disclose, but 2015's meetup was a highlight of my year and really helped me dial down my goals and dreams and start taking solid action towards both of those. Though I have been a bit absent from the forums this last year (for the same reasons mentioned above), not a week goes by that I don't think of something that happened at the last meetup and work towards implementing what I learned or how I can grow using what I learned as a starting point. And this is from a year ago!

I hope that this year's attendees find the same value that I did, if not more - and I hope to see you all there next year.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It looks great! Guess I'll have to make an effort to come again next year so I can nab me one of those.

People who went last year will get them as well. It will take some time for me to add them as it is a manual process. :)

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Sitting here in the Houston airport waiting on my connection and reflecting on the week.

Wow. Just wow. I have been to this event every year since I've been on the forum (7 or 8 years?). Every year this event just keeps getting better and better. It's really hard to explain to people the value from this event, but for me this is a must attend every year. I know people have personal issues that pop up, but I honestly cannot imagine anything that would prevent me from attending every year.
I remember the days of listening to 4 presentations on photography, and yet there was still tremendous value to be had. Now the events is exponentially better than the old days.

@Arrabista you always amaze me. I love that we've been leading with you. Just that scheduling choice improves my own presentation. You have helped me greatly in presentation and communication skills.

@Kung Fu Steve You kicked my a$$. You are all too familiar with the shit I have been dealing with the past couple of years and watching your presentation discussing the feedback loop slapped me in the face. I needed it. This was the best presentation you've ever given.

@splok Your presentation is always one of my favorites. Your subtle humor and style are fantastic. I would imagine your students love you.

@Red I learning a lot about just digging in and getting my hands dirty about doing research to get what you want. I have done this a few times myself, but not at the depth you have clearly gone to. And it would be nice to stop showing my boobs for traffic stops. Its just degrading.

@throttleforward What to say. Wow. Just wow. I can see this blowing up huge and seeing your brand all over the country. And I can see you making that happen. Don't forget to email me.

@Iwokeup I am always amazed at those 20 something kids that start something in their kitchen and see it blow up into something huge. But to watch someone who has a solid career and great income and YET still have the drive to push forward to produce amazing products and services, it is even more inspirational.

@LightHouse As much as it pains me.....great presentation.... As you know I am in process with launching a product and your presentation offered enormous value and great ideas on how to get this off the ground.

@MJ DeMarco I am very glad to see you take over the branding of this event and control the content. It has improved dramatically in the past couple of years and as always, you continue to improve your own brand and create a loyal following. You my friend are the anti-guru guru. Great presentation and very timely reminders that taking the short cut only short cuts you to failure.

@Travis Phipps Thanks for your presentation. The tricks out there to use paid traffic always amaze me. One day maybe I will get even 10% as good as you at this.

@Eskil Like the others discussing product creation and marketing, your presentation was very timely and relevant. I can use all the best practices for launching and branding a product I can get.

@Envision Incredible story. Hard to imagine you are only 21. You my friend will go far.

@Boom Straight up gangsta preso. You have single-handedly motivated me to work harder and get off my a$$. The subtle jabs were well positioned. Freaking awesome presentation. I have more energy just being in your presence.

@biophase Your comments about being in a product business but using Amazon as just one of your marketplaces really hit home. Avoiding the worlds largest marketplace in a product business is just plain stupid. You gave enormous value and I will be implementing many of your suggestions. As always, thank you.

@Vigilante. Jesus loves you. So does the flying spaghetti monster.

@Sean Marshall Great presentation. I can very closely relate. We definitely have similar stories. I also recall selling everything to declutter before embarking on that international adventure.

@GIlman When you told us that you hand signed, hand stuffed and hand postmarked 3000 envelopes, it really hit home for me. The ones willing to do "that special thing" and do the damn work are the ones that will succeed in a big way. Thanks for your time and I enjoyed our talks as well.

@Chadi I love the hacking preso. I am sitting here now uploading the topL lists to my LI account. Great hacks. Thanks.

Sorry if I missed some as I couldn't remember everyone's forum handle but I can honestly say I got tons of value from each and every presenter.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Back home now, and I too will jump in with the love and appreciation:

I attend conferences and workshops pretty regularly for my work, and this was by far the best thing I've ever attended. I came in with fairly high expectations, and they were exceeded before Day 1 was even finished. Talk about MASSIVE value delivery.

Every presentation was interesting and informative, and I think that says a lot considering there were, what, about 20 of them? I spent time on the plane going through copious notes and coming up with a long list of action items - and that was just on the first pass through the notes.

Even better was the time I got to spend hanging out and talking, being inspired and encouraged by my fellow attendees. It meant the world to me to be able to connect with people who "get it". And I probably only met 1/3 of the people there.

Deep gratitude to @MJ DeMarco, @Red, @AllenCrawley @Eskil for all the hard work that went into this.

I simply cannot wait for next year!

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
I took a bunch with Eskil's camera during the last panel discussion :)

I just touched down back home, and the event was awesome. The presentations were great, and the talks after were as equally wonderful. I will help out in whatever way I can to help my fellow entrepreneurs. It is refreshing to hear others reach out to me and support my product, which is still in the 2nd sampling stage.

We pretty much hung out here when not in 'class'.

I didn't take too many pictures, mind was too busy being blown away.
s5ddaq.jpg

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
6 days left.
Go.
I had a blast chatting with you.
Resources are all around you.
Do epic shit.

Thank you! Likewise and I will take advantage and give back as best I can in the process! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

You and your wife were a PLEASURE to meet! Remember that I'm available to help you both out, and I can help with the ungating process.

Be Epic, Y'all.

Definitely! We enjoyed meeting you and speaking with you as well. Will be sure to keep in touch along the journey. Its great to have you as a connection!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quick Shout Outs!!!
@ShaeStyle Next year we are going together but you had such a great presence at Top Golf and helped me get into my groove. You are awesome!

@AllenCrawley You are the man! Point, blank period. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Looking forward to continuing to build!

@MJ DeMarco For everything. Your book changed my life. I knew I'd meet you back when I read the book, but never did I think I'd be able to hang out with you. Wow, was speechless at times...fanboy status lol

@Red I dont get the chance to build with some of the folks I've met if you didnt allow me to volunteer at Top Golf. Got me out my shell quick!

@BaraQueenbee , my partner :) You're awesome and thank you for putting in that work every morning with the coffee; that was rather cool of you for sure. Kept me awake during the grind!

@Chitown Super stand up guy. Amazing stories and incredibly charismatic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quick Fastlane Story
@Omni It was a chance encounter that I met Omni (Aka Big Willie), as we both volunteered to take an ice chest out of the lobby.

In that 10 minutes, I received priceless advice and tips/tricks as it'd be found out that Omni is in the same niche I'm in, but far more advanced and successful in the process. What are the odds? This weekend was full of many "coincidences" like that. In Omni, I gained a credible contact and I hope I can give even half as much value as he provided on that walk. Thank you!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SO many others I'm connecting or got to connect with but I dont want to write a long dedication as I'm on grind mode!

Peace!
Freed

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
Simply a fantastic experience. Now I really understand what people meant when they said they could not afford not to attend!

The importance of taking action post-conference has already been mentioned here. I would also recommend everybody to set aside an hour or two to go over notes and reflect before taking action. Information overload and eagerness to do everything is a consequence of massive value provided by the presenters. Identify what is the most important thing(s) that you can use right now to propel your business, and systematize the rest for later use.

I have been using a somewhat tweaked version of the GTD system for a while, and spent my 5 hour plane ride back to FL to reflect and categorize action steps and notes into 1) urgents (things that will have an immediate impact on my business), 2) someday (important tasks when I have more time available), and 3) reference material (information that will be useful to implement at a later stage).

A big thanks to all the speakers and to the amazing crew that put all of this together. Very well executed from start to finish.

Looking forward to meet all of you again next year!

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Damn, you guys know how to make a gal blush. :)

Thank you for all for coming out & making the event everything it was. You all invested the time, money & energy to make this year an amazing hit & I appreciate it more than you know.

You guys are my tribe.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
@Everyone

What an absolute pleasure it was. From the speakers to the new people, I literally slept 3 hours per night, 3 nights in a row. And no, it wasn't because I was getting loaded with the usual suspects (well maybe a little bit), but because the conversations were incredible.

I actually did not post here much last year, and as many of you know, I've been through one hell of a grind, both personally and professionally.

This weekend was like an IV infusion of life for me. The connections, the ideas, the deals, the laughs AND most importantly.... the understanding and support.

You guys are not my friends, you are truly and honestly, my family.

@Red @AllenCrawley @Eskil @MJ DeMarco - You guys made it look easy, but I damn well know how much work you but into this behind the scenes. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to enrich our lives.

Hong King Kong

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Sep 29, 2012
Everywhere
It was great seeing all you old timers, and meeting new folks.

Now its time to get back to reality, and work my a$$ off.

If any of you some how end up in China, don't be shy and give me a shout!

Looking forward to seeing you all again next year... and speaking on stage :)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Just landed and got back to the house. Gonna catch up on some sleep and gather my thoughts for a post tomorrow.

In the meantime a huge Thank You to everyone!
Did we even meet? I was hoping to chat with you.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Man, I REALLY screwed up not going.
Sometimes we pick the wrong business priorities.

Bad Call This Time...

Thanks for giving me a good swift kick in the a$$ for not rising above my own playbox.
I was truly upset when you announced you weren't coming. Glad to see you've come to your senses.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Meditations and thoughts

Wow .... a weekend that flew by !

Grab a coffee Ladies and gents just wanted to convey my thanks for the weekend that just passed.

Thanks@ MJ De Marco , thank you for bringing the fast lane clan back to Scottsdale.. @Red ..thanks for al your hard work and your TENACITY in your presentation ...

@AllenCrawley your Branding preso was truly impressive and I still think you should get your RADIO Voice working for you .Allen has got amazing TONE in his voice people!

There were so many presentations that resonated with me if I miss you please do not take this personally ...

@Eskil ,my Norwegian brother! Thank you for Sharing the process and methodical steps you take to get where you are! Plus always appreciate your warmth and generosity.

@travis: brilliant presentation! Optimise!!

@kungfusteve Brilliant Mindset presentation, and the best delivery growth I have seen in you since we met!

@ Vigilante: Pleasure crossing paths with you again and spending some quality times..thanks for ....my take away from your talk was “expand your canvas in life “Go big!

@ Throttleforward Your Tenacity , Your Honesty! Come down under and get it happening here. Always a pleasure chatting with you!

I wokeup @ it takes a big man to share the warts and all stories and yours was humbling.,..great to meet your family too!

@GIlman! The detail that you shared regarding VA vetting was amazing! Lovely to get to know you and your lady too

@splok : Always love listening to your humour and your view of the world! Norway is lucky to have you!

@Chadi! ..Thanks for sharing your hacks ...there were some amazing nuggets . Until we meet again.

@GlobalWealth. I love you ! lol ! As always love listening to you and you always inspire me to think outside the box...we need to meet up in ypur neck of the woods

@LightHouse: you frighten me by your capacity to take my feedback and implement instantly ....your presentation was fantastic

@biophase! ..Your analysis of Amazon products and the layers you impose to deter copycats is truly impressive ,,plus you are one of the most genuine people I have met!

And @Boom ! what the hell? How come its taken so long for me to meet you . welcome into my life! Your energy was amazing! ,..your story was truly inspiring ,as well as your humour....

For all those people that said I wish I came and didn’t: good! I don’t want you to come! Because if you do I will have to fight you for the time to talk and be with my fast lane tribe!

So many great cacth ups with ‘old members’ and new connections....

Someone asked me .. “ Hey Arrabista .is it worth your while it to come all the way from Australia for this ?? “

If you added all the hours of airport checkins LONG flights , costs of travel ..it is NOTHING compared to the camaraderie I feel with you all at the summit ...and the VALUE and INSIGHTS gained ..the laughs..the generosity of Sharing ...as well as seeing my friends and network

Thank you to all of you ,you are my TRIBE and I will come to be with you wherever you are in the world.....

“I ‘m not a pheasant plucker....;)

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009