The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17,000 Udemy courses for only 10$

Cembo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 26, 2014
Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that Udemy is currently offering Black Friday prices on over 17,000 courses.
Prices will slowly inflate every other day at midnight through next Friday.

https://www.udemy.com/courses/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that Udemy is currently offering Black Friday prices on over 17,000 courses.
Prices will slowly inflate every other day at midnight through next Friday.

https://www.udemy.com/courses/

It's actually a mini-marketing trick.

The courses are $10, that part is true.

But I get a limited-time coupon for $10 - $15 on all courses every other day from Udemy.

Makes people feel like they have to buy right now.

Usually you can find these codes on retailmenot.com, or just sign up for Udemy's newsletter to get them more often.

Cembo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 26, 2014
It's actually a mini-marketing trick.

The courses are $10, that part is true.

But I get a limited-time coupon for $10 - $15 on all courses every other day from Udemy.

Makes people feel like they have to buy right now.

Usually you can find these codes on retailmenot.com, or just sign up for Udemy's newsletter to get them more often.

Thanks, I didn't know that! I don't buy courses, I just thought it could be interesting to some of you :)

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Thanks, I didn't know that! I don't buy courses, I just thought it could be interesting to some of you :)

Haha, yeah it works well too.

I shared a $10 code with a friend one time and he bought like 5 - 10 courses that day.

Now imagine if 50% of Udemy's millions of customers all did that.

It's a pretty good payday for them. ;)

David Fiddler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Jan 11, 2015
Yeah, they do this all the time. But it's not a bad deal either.
There are some great courses up there and the lecturers usually reply if you have a specific question, which makes your job easier.
Thanks for sharing!

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Nice, I was waiting to pick up Gary Vee's course, just bought it!

David Fiddler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Jan 11, 2015
Nice, I was waiting to pick up Gary Vee's course, just bought it!
Checked out his intro to the personal branding one - wow, didn't know Gary started out with his wine tasting thing.
Always thought he's just some hotshot Internet marketing/social media guy. :D

Does anyone know good courses on either public speaking (in this case with a good and active community) or video marketing? (tech side, how to produce, etc)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I bought Gary Vee's one a few days ago at about €90, and a Grant Cardone one at €110. I'm delighted with them both and don't begrudge paying more at all.

A lesson to Udemy course creators out there is that I saw the Gary Vee one was *only* 2 hours and €90. That looks more valuable to me than a 5 hour free course. I don't want to sit for 5 hours watching something that I perceive as less valuable. I'd rather pay more to learn the real nuggets, and in less time.

Some people are time rich and cash poor. Others are cash rich and time poor. Who do you want as your customer?

I've since bought about four more courses at €10...

Sitting watching video lessons while having breakfast and lunch has been working really well.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Checked out his intro to the personal branding one - wow, didn't know Gary started out with his wine tasting thing.
Always thought he's just some hotshot Internet marketing/social media guy. :D

Does anyone know good courses on either public speaking (in this case with a good and active community) or video marketing? (tech side, how to produce, etc)

I bought two public speaking ones a couple of days ago. The intros were excellent, and I can't wait to go through them.

Both were by Jason Teteak.

I've also bought one on promoting your business on YouTube, and something that went through 7 social networks in a couple of hours.

Together with the Gary Vee personal branding one, and the Grant Cardone sales one, guess what I am going to do? Lol...

If you're going to take action, take MASSIVE action.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Careful not to get stuck in learning mode. ;)
Yeah, I know that one, and think i have it covered

I know me... Bursts of activity, followed by some time contemplating my navel, learning something new, then off I go again. When I get into something it's immersive and all-consuming for a few weeks (sometimes years).

What's interesting about Udemy is this learning is happening in down-times. Eating, walking, commuting, etc. I like the mini lesson formats. It's so convenient and I am sold on this format now when before it had to just be the written word, or audio.

So I am able to do billable work as per normal, whilst upskilling (OK, learning at the moment) ferociously on the side. It's sooo much cheaper than classroom courses, and more convenient.

David Fiddler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Jan 11, 2015
I bought two public speaking ones a couple of days ago. The intros were excellent, and I can't wait to go through them.

Both were by Jason Teteak.

I've also bought one on promoting your business on YouTube, and something that went through 7 social networks in a couple of hours.

Together with the Gary Vee personal branding one, and the Grant Cardone sales one, guess what I am going to do? Lol...

If you're going to take action, take MASSIVE action.
Holy shit man. :D How's the Grant Cardone one?

I've bought a Video Marketing course by Dan Englander which discusses video marketing from an agency, marketing point of view, has some great insight. It also comes with a free promo code for his production course (which is yet again, agency-style so it's more about hiring pros to do your work and come out with a profit - but havnet seen it yet). My plan is to go through this one, then maybe pick up a how to make demo vids and animation and then try to seal my first video deal by the end of the weekend.

Gotta try stuff out. Always was into videos but only used my "skills" to create youtube-poop back in the days of ol' image boards. Now that's about to change :p

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Udemy has a 99%+ off sale every f*cking week. Not that I'm necessarily complaining, but they make it seem like it never happens.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Works great as a udemy course owner.... just got 3 sales from a $10 coupon they put on my course :)

Either way - even if it's 'manufactured' scarcity...it's still a great deal.

David Fiddler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Jan 11, 2015
b00m. tomorrow I shall learn how to actually make them.

lZhMd1j.png

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
Udemy has a 99%+ off sale every f*cking week. Not that I'm necessarily complaining, but they make it seem like it never happens.

Hate it or not, that is their "concept". They do all the marketing and the course owner get 70%...

They know that VERY few buy at full price, so people add them to the "wishlist" and when the sale are happening (as you say, almost all the time) the sales are exploding.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How's the Grant Cardone one?
Excellent material. I'll need to relisten to it, and will probably just listen without watching it next time as he's too slick for my liking. I'm just too suspicious of him when I see him so found it hard to give his words the weight they deserved.

I'm only an hour through the first of the Jason Teteak presentation ones I bought and it's brilliant. It's 5 hours long, and we've spent an hour just working on what you say in your first 30 seconds, and how to say it. It's basically your elevator pitch, so I'm learning a lot more than just how to do a presentation.

EDIT: Blimey... Jason has loads of courses on Udemy. The one I'm going through at the moment is:

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Excellent material. I'll need to relisten to it, and will probably just listen without watching it next time as he's too slick for my liking. I'm just too suspicious of him when I see him so found it hard to give his words the weight they deserved.

I had that exact same problem with Cardone. Some people really do suit certain formats and he's a hard watch in video format. It's a bit like Joe Polish/I Love Marketing/Dan Kennedy where their written material can be very good yet the audio/video really grates while similar content from their associate Eben Pagan I'm fine with in video form. Whether that's a natural personality thing or simply an issue of training is debatable, but if it's training then the return on investment for Pagan must be huge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.