The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

14 year old starting learning skills or a yt channel

Idea threads

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022
I don't know if it is best for me to try and start a youtube channel now and post videos, or just try to learn a skill like coding. Before I got the youtube idea I had just gotten started trying to learn coding with an online course my parents payed for. Then I got the YT idea and wanted to try it out. I have only posted 2 videos since I have been very busy with school. I don't know what skills I want to learn and what type of business I want to start. I don't know if I want to make videos, or start a business with coding. I also don't want to waste a bunch of time doing the wrong thing. Should I try to do both for a while and see what I think fits me best? Do you guys have any opinion on what is best?

I know I have posted 2 times about this already. I just feel very insecure about what is right and this is all I think about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022
I don't know if it is best for me to try and start a youtube channel now and post videos, or just try to learn a skill like coding. Before I got the youtube idea I had just gotten started trying to learn coding with an online course my parents payed for. Then I got the YT idea and wanted to try it out. I have only posted 2 videos since I have been very busy with school. I don't know what skills I want to learn and what type of business I want to start. I don't know if I want to make videos, or start a business with coding. I also don't want to waste a bunch of time doing the wrong thing. Should I try to do both for a while and see what I think fits me best? Do you guys have any opinion on what is best?

I know I have posted 2 times about this already. I just feel very insecure about what is right and this is all I think about.
I am also very afraid of anyone from my school finding the channel. Even though I try to make them not embarrassing I am sure I will get bullied very badly if anyone finds it.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Start making $500/day this summer doing window cleaning and make youtube videos about it.

You'll be making money, have youtube content to post, and no one will laugh at you for making both their parents' wages combined

MaximilianT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 25, 2021
Italy
Start making $500/day this summer doing window cleaning and make youtube videos about it.

You'll be making money, have youtube content to post, and no one will laugh at you for making both their parents' wages combined

Gold. It is pretty easy to make money as a teenager by doing jobs no one wants to do (in this case window cleaning) for good money on a large scale.

Did that for old people in my neighborhood which had money but weren't able to clean their garden and got $100/client.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do videos of you coding? No-one need even see your face.

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022
Do videos of you coding? No-one need even see your face.
I don’t know anything about coding yet. It was more a choice about: do I want to learn coding or content creation? Do you mean make videos where I document the process of learning coding?

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022
Gold. It is pretty easy to make money as a teenager by doing jobs no one wants to do (in this case window cleaning) for good money on a large scale.

Did that for old people in my neighborhood which had money but weren't able to clean their garden and got $100/client.
So just going door to door with a window cleaning kit (or whatever you’re helping them with) and asking if I can do that for them?

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022

Really great idea man. Thank you! If I can go around to old people and help them with something they can’t do themselves I will be providing them a lot of value. Does it have to be window cleaning just any easy physical service? I am just afraid they’ll say no because they’re afraid I’m gonna fall from a high place. I’ve never tried something like window cleaning before. Do I have to get good at it first or can I just start. If I can make videos titled “How I make $X a day doing Y at 14” they will guaranteed get views.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I forgot to comment on this:

I just feel very insecure about what is right

You won't find out what's right for you till you try lots of different things.

Pick something and start. Adjust as you go.

As James Schramko said: "You can't steer a parked car."

MaximilianT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 25, 2021
Italy
So just going door to door with a window cleaning kit (or whatever you’re helping them with) and asking if I can do that for them?
Exactly. You do not even need any sales skills because especially older people know that it would be way too hard and exhausting for them to do it themselves and so they are happy that someone does it for them.

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022
Exactly. You do not even need any sales skills because especially older people know that it would be way too hard and exhausting for them to do it themselves and so they are happy that someone does it for them
When my summer vacation starts soon I can try that out.

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022
I want to build skills and knowledge that will help me run my own business in the future. Right now I don't have any skills or anything I can sell. Washing windows I will learn sales and make money now, but I don't know if it will help me with acquiring a skill that I can sell online (except learning how to market and sell). If I want to provide value to customers in the future online I will need to be good at something like coding or video editing. I just really want to start, but I don't have anything to provide value with, which is why I want to learn a skill like video editing or coding.
I just don't know which of these would be best. Can i do both or is it best to just choose one and focus on it?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You won't find out what's right for you till you try lots of different things.

Pick something and start. Adjust as you go.

As James Schramko said: "You can't steer a parked car."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.