The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

11 weeks of fastlane commitment-Come join me

Anything related to matters of the mind

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Hi there,

Having lurked in the background for a month now since reading MJ's book, I am now committed to cutting the crap, dropping the excuses and getting my a$$ in gear.

The next little milestone in on the 11th November 2015-(Its my vacation/holiday) when I'm heading to New York.

The above specifics are irrelevant-

My plan is to commit to living fastlane(when I see the opportunity)for these next 79 days starting on Sept 1st.

Goals include:

-Losing 2 stone (13kgs-by continuing to hit the gym 3-4 times a week and cut out the crap temptations of food and alcohol (at the weekends especially)

- Take £200 and at least triple it in value(not exactly fastlane amounts but its all I can afford for now and whilst tripling the value is not going to lead to a marked difference in my life, I believe the principle of the achievement will ensure the money making seed/Habit is firmly planted in my mind.

-Clearly define what my daily/weekly/monthly goals are to achive my aim.

3 simple goals but I believe fruitful changes to my body and mindset can be achieved.

I would love if this thread can also be used as a progress thread for others who want to join me in this 11 week journey-Together we can push each other to achieve more.

So whos in?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alwayshungryleh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 29, 2015
Yeah, lets do this! I'm in! (and shamelessly hijacking your progress thread).

Currently I just plan to finish one teaching video a day!
Milestone: Complete one whole course on Udemy!

I'll do this everyday until I reach the milestone!

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015

Welcome onboard the progress train

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
How do you plan on tripling this?

The initial plan is to buy on Amazon and sell at a higher rate on ebay, or try Gumtree and see that things on there.
This morning I have also been in contact with 2 suppliers of a product on Dhgate with a view to getting some items in time for a Halloween special.

Not exactly going to get me rich long term but it will get me in the mood for making money and hopefully give me that sense of progression and taking action.

If you or anyone else has any other suggestions or ideas as always I am sure I or anyone else following this thread would be all ears.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Build a business.

This is the ultimate aim-Albeit the initial issue is deciding what the business should be in.

I guess if I'm being honest with myself I am a decent all rounder work wise but havent a definitive skill to call upon.

I do own a domain related to the disability industry (I am not disabled but just thought of this domain when putting random names into 123.com)
Since buying this domain I have been trying to learn how to build a website-(My thinking is something similar to this forum-where there is interaction but also paid advertisers) but struggling to get it done-does anyone know if wordpress is the way to go for a community based site?

I am not however excited about entering the disability industry and in realty importing products and a wheeler dealer side of things excites me more.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Good that you're getting started.

However, if you want to build a business, you need to think things through. Look at businesses around you, try to figure out how they work and operate, get a feel for the processes. Take a look at a random product on Amazon, then research everything about it.

You say you bought a domain in the disability industry and have since been struggling to build a website, then ask if Wordpress is the way to go with community sites.

This is missing the point, because those are just tools to help you with value delivery/with achieving your goal.

What's your goal? Where can you add value? What do you want to achieve? Figure that out first, then think about how to get it into the hands of customers. Do some research, pick a well-reviewed plugin/service and go.

Don't waste time with figuring out the smallest details. There's a quote that goes something like this "Start as fast as you can, then speed up!"

Good luck!

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Everything you listed you can do in less than a week. It takes a solid hour or two to write goals, and your 200 can be easily tripled buying/selling in just a couple days...hell, even one flip. The only thing that will take longer is the habit/discipline of your eating. Sounds like you're already going to the gym. Think 11 weeks is a real stretch and time waster. I'd set a shorter timeframe to get your stuff accomplished, and set some bigger goals in the process.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Everything you listed you can do in less than a week. It takes a solid hour or two to write goals, and your 200 can be easily tripled buying/selling in just a couple days...hell, even one flip. The only thing that will take longer is the habit/discipline of your eating. Sounds like you're already going to the gym. Think 11 weeks is a real stretch and time waster. I'd set a shorter timeframe to get your stuff accomplished, and set some bigger goals in the process.

Yes I agree that 11 weeks is a long period of time to achieve a majority of these things and as I progress in these 11 weeks I will be posting my achievements and by the end of the 11 weeks, I aim to have far exceeded my initial expectations.

Yes I am already hitting the gym 4 times a week for the past few months so I have made progress and my fitness is actually at a pretty decent level (can run 10km in 52 minutes no problem). I'm do two 45 minute spinning classes per week (guys its not for girls-try it, you'll sweat like never before), one 45 minute class of boxing and 2 other cardio classes (circuits and a weights based class). I know I need to start sitting down and doing more work at the weights machines.

Last night in preparation of these 11 weeks I downloaded 'myfitnesspal' and already I have noticed that whilst I dont actually eat that badly that my daily calorie is surprisingly high so thats being improved immediately and tomorow will be a step in the right direction-Ultimately i need to lose the moobs and beer belly from a body perspective.

Socially I also need to work on being able to head out and not have a binge of beer at the weekend as I know this resets all the work i've done over the past week in the gym-Just on that guys-does anyone have an alternative alcoholic drink of choice that isnt as bad for our weight? (I know all alcohol is basically a poison for our body but things like vodka can turn me into a bit of a dick-spirits arent my thing!)

Regarding the tripling of the £200, after the gym tonight I will be sitting down to research one product that I can make a flip on which gives me a profit after all transaction fees are taken out- I know dropshipping (buying from amazon, selling on ebay and sending direct to buyer is the one with the biggest profit but i'm wary of hurting my rating on ebay by doing this as i know i'd be pissed if done on me(mostly as i would feel like the dick) so not sure thats the route I want to go down when i've a pretty good rating to date.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015

Hey man-hows it going 2 days in-Committing yourself to one teaching video per day?

alwayshungryleh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 29, 2015
Hey man-hows it going 2 days in-Committing yourself to one teaching video per day?

Damn, I won't lie, I missed making the videos. Won't blame that I have a fever right now.
I'll catch up now!

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Damn, I won't lie, I missed making the videos. Won't blame that I have a fever right now.
I'll catch up now!

Ha, the cold must be going about-I have been the same for the past 4 days.

Still managed to hit the gym last night thou and feel alot better for it this morning-Sweat it out is my suggestion.

My progress since Tuesday has been -400 calories on my standard August diet and gym last night and again tonight.

Momentary wise-I have completed the sign up process/profile on Upwork so will have a look tonight for any interesting positions I can send a proposal too offering what value I can as opposed to just telling them to pick me as I'm great!

Using the £200, I have identified a couple of products on Dhgate that I have researched over the past 2 days and I will be purchase these tonight. As it is the 1st purchases of this site, I have chosen low value products and my outlay will only be £50 but looking at ebay and taking away the various fees etc, If.. sorry when! I sell these I should come away with a £70 profit-I know its not massive but it is a step in the right direction whilst I get my feet on this side of e-commerce.

@Gsuz I took your advise last night and cut the crap out of the website I was building and deleted the actual theme I was working on and installed a more simple..yet effective theme and installed a number of community based widgits/plugins which should get me up to speed-

I have also thought about what you said and I have configured my goal, and now the immediate aim is to get the website up and running and get traffic to it and once I have a some return visitors posting, I will then intergrate the commerical aspect which I am planning. This will all add free value to the visitor (they will be able to interact with other users) and I intend to have a suble yet easily accessible ecommerce aspect to the site

Its all go go go!

alwayshungryleh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 29, 2015
Hey oimate,

How are you doing? Got any work on Upwork?

I got 14 videos out already, so I finally hit back my quota. Luckily my fever and sore throat healed so I can catch up with the video making.
Should be able to finish a course by this month on Udemy.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Hey oimate,

How are you doing? Got any work on Upwork?

I got 14 videos out already, so I finally hit back my quota. Luckily my fever and sore throat healed so I can catch up with the video making.
Should be able to finish a course by this month on Udemy.

Hey man, great job on the videos! Keep it going.

Yes I have so far got one job on upwork- in fact it was the 1st job i applied for which was great. I went in for a low $10 job where the guy was just wanting an 'about us' description for his website incoporating key words for SEO.

Key tip from fastlane is I taylored my introduction to meeting that clients specific needs and offered a sample of what I had prepared when messaging him and he messaged back wanting the full thing and he accepted and paid up.

Bar that making money hasnt taken off yet. Mostly due to having guests staying at mine the past 2 weeks and having to do a shed-load of DIY (papering/painting etc) as the house was a dump-Bright side is the house is in alot better condition so thats progress also.

This week I have the place to myself so money making can commence full pelt.

Gym-wise I have been eating healthy and hitting the gym and mixing up my workouts 5 times last week. Combined with the work I was doing previously I have lost about 3kg and someone commented the other day that the 'weight was dropping off you' so other ppl are also noticing the work being done so thats a nice upside too.

Last week I also got the hardcopy of MJ's book(previous was a e-copy) so i have started reading this again at night before heading to sleep which is helping to focus the mind

alwayshungryleh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 29, 2015
Hey man, great job on the videos! Keep it going.

Yes I have so far got one job on upwork- in fact it was the 1st job i applied for which was great. I went in for a low $10 job where the guy was just wanting an 'about us' description for his website incoporating key words for SEO.

Key tip from fastlane is I taylored my introduction to meeting that clients specific needs and offered a sample of what I had prepared when messaging him and he messaged back wanting the full thing and he accepted and paid up.

Bar that making money hasnt taken off yet. Mostly due to having guests staying at mine the past 2 weeks and having to do a shed-load of DIY (papering/painting etc) as the house was a dump-Bright side is the house is in alot better condition so thats progress also.

This week I have the place to myself so money making can commence full pelt.

Gym-wise I have been eating healthy and hitting the gym and mixing up my workouts 5 times last week. Combined with the work I was doing previously I have lost about 3kg and someone commented the other day that the 'weight was dropping off you' so other ppl are also noticing the work being done so thats a nice upside too.

Last week I also got the hardcopy of MJ's book(previous was a e-copy) so i have started reading this again at night before heading to sleep which is helping to focus the mind

Awesome, congrats on the first $10! Did the same thing when I got some job on upwork too. I totally do not qualify for their requirements, write nothing but only about their problems and how I can fix it, then I got the job. Lol.
All credits go to @SinisterLex https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ith-no-degree-no-feedback-no-portfolio.58837/

Was some database design job. Since the requirement went way further than originally intended, it took a month to finish, and got paid $200. Don't know if I'm doing it right, but gotta keep telling myself to keep giving value. I still think there is good opportunity to make some side money on Upwork.

Good job on the weight loss, I want to gain weight on my side here. My food portion is too small :/. What is your weight now?

And wow, awesome having the hardcopy! I can't find any hardcopy in my country here. Dang...

Anyhow, let us both keep on going! To the grind!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted21961

Oi!
@oimate I like taking those low pay upwork jobs, because often they lead to much better ones. Like, first for £15 and next £150. Sometimes even the same amount of work. Keep good relationship with your clients and you will have abundance of freelancing jobs.

alwayshungryleh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 29, 2015
Actually I forgot. Oimate, how do you find time for all this?

When I do jobs on Upwork I would have to stop working out for a bit else I wouldn't have time to concentrate.
Any tips to share?

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Actually I forgot. Oimate, how do you find time for all this?

When I do jobs on Upwork I would have to stop working out for a bit else I wouldn't have time to concentrate.
Any tips to share?

Well the upwork stuff I done on Sunday morning-Previously I would have most likely been hungover on a Sunday morning but another thing that I am doing in this period is keeping alcohol to an absolute minimium. Whilst only a small token gesture, when the occsasion has arisen, I have reached for a gin and tonic (very manly) as opposed to a pint of beer as whilst still effectively a poison in the body it contains less chemicals (perhaps) and doesnt produce as much estrogen (probably) which will keep the man boobs at bay ha.

So yeah, basically more healthy living and cutting out suffering hangover on a sunday combined with not sitting down on my a$$ in the evening and watching mindless TV equates to more time to complete other things.

Last edited:

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Oi!
@oimate I like taking those low pay upwork jobs, because often they lead to much better ones. Like, first for £15 and next £150. Sometimes even the same amount of work. Keep good relationship with your clients and you will have abundance of freelancing jobs.
Thats it Grzegorz, Little and often is better than one big £150 job and nothing for 3 months after.

I know upwork is not fastlane but I do think its a decent breeding ground for enhancing the entrepreneurial spirit in us, much like selling something on ebay-Once we begin to make extra money outside our slowlane jobs we'll want to get more and more and that burning desire to hopefully break free will occur-Keep at it!

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
http://lifehacker.com/281626/jerry-seinfelds-productivity-secret

This article helped me on staying motivated and not "breaking the chain" with my goals. I bought a calendar and wrote a to do list on each day, and I have to check one off each day. Even the little things turn into big things by the end of the month once you do them everyday.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.