The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's Cool To Be An Entrepreneur Because...

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I just paid Christmas bonuses.

In cash. I like cash.

Growing up I always wanted to be generous with my hard earned dollars and take care of the people I care about. So once I started hiring, I just thought it would be so cool to give out Christmas bonuses.

So I do. Today was my third annual bonus day. It feels great. Honestly, I don't know what I expect, but I really think I enjoy giving envelopes of hundreds more than my guys like getting them. And that's just fine with me.

We spend a lot of time on the forum talking about our big "why", or our FTE, but I haven't seen much about those little why's. Like my being able to give Christmas bonuses.

Anyhoo, there's been a lot of negativity "out there" this year. So I wanted to take a moment and reflect on the cool things, the sometimes unsaid or unnoticed things that make the journey worthwhile.

What are some of those little things that you love about being on your entrepreneur journey? Do you have a story of your own to share about why it's cool to be an entrepreneur?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
Love this.

I don't have a story of my own, but I will say this:

The fact you take pride in giving bonuses to those you work with, absolutely inspiring. I never even considered this to be honest. But now, I am adding this as a goal for my business.

Thanks for the story and the value.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

In cash. I like cash.

Growing up I always wanted to be generous with my hard earned dollars and take care of the people I care about. So once I started hiring, I just thought it would be so cool to give out Christmas bonuses.

So I do. Today was my third annual bonus day. It feels great. Honestly, I don't know what I expect, but I really think I enjoy giving envelopes of hundreds more than my guys like getting them. And that's just fine with me.

We spend a lot of time on the forum talking about our big "why", or our FTE, but I haven't seen much about those little why's. Like my being able to give Christmas bonuses.

Anyhoo, there's been a lot of negativity "out there" this year. So I wanted to take a moment and reflect on the cool things, the sometimes unsaid or unnoticed things that make the journey worthwhile.

What are some of those little things that you love about being on your entrepreneur journey? Do you have a story of your own to share about why it's cool to be an entrepreneur?
Nice. I like paying people too.

I also prefer signing up to platforms and paying a monthly fee to the entrepreneur who setup the tool I'm using.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
because...everything is up to you!

It can be scary at first...but if you're like me and know yourself and what you're capable of, then for the first time you feel like you have control over your destiny. If you're a hard worker, this is lifestyle was made for you!

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Nice. I like paying people too.

I also prefer signing up to platforms and paying a monthly fee to the entrepreneur who setup the tool I'm using.
I do this too.

There's a lot of fremium tools, games or other software out there. If I get more than 10 minutes of utility out of it, I'll find a way to pay something to recognize and reward the creators. I'll donate to Wikipedia, I'll buy the beginner bonus pack in a game, etc.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I like that there's not a single person in my life that I don't want to be there.

I fired the bad friends.

I fired the bad coworkers.

I fired the bad customers.

Now I have employees that I like, a girl I like, customers I like, and friends I like.

And if I ever don't like one of them, I can just fire them.

Control is so underrated.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Control is so underrated.
What do you think of Michael Singer's view, about letting go instead of control? By that he sort of means letting life guide you, instead of trying to force things one way or another.
The surrender experiment is a challenge I gave myself to try to allow life to unfold around me without struggling with it. We are all intelligent enough to realize that we are not in control of 99.9 percent of what goes on around us. Our hearts beat, our food digests, and our cells divide -- all without any intervention of our own. Likewise, the planets stay in orbit, and the entire rest of the universe unfolds on its own. We are not controlling any of this, yet it has been unfolding in perfect harmony for billions of years. If the forces of creation can create and maintain the entire universe, every moment, are not the moments unfolding in front of me part of this same universal perfection?

When I was in my early twenties, I took one look at this and realized that all the moments of creation are part of the same interrelated perfection. They have nothing to do with me; they belong to the forces that created them. All that is happening each moment is that I’m seeing the result of 13.8 billion years of forces that interacted together to create exactly what is in front of me. That being the case, I decided to experiment with surrendering to that perfection instead of listening to what my preference-driven mind had to say about it. Specifically, when something appears in front of me, I try to honor and respect the enormity of its origins, rather than immediately judging whether I like it or not. That is the surrender experiment, and my new book is about what ended up happening as I aligned myself with life instead of struggling to align life to me.
From: The Surrender Experiment: How One Yogi Found "Life's Perfection"

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I started off with service work, shoveling driveways in the winter..

Anyways I stumbled upon one home with elderly people and cleared out their walk way for them, later they invited me into their home (this is quite rare especially in Vancouver) and they made me lunch! We talked and they mentioned how much they loved that I was going around the neighborhood helping people.

Moving onto a product based business, my goals are to help the planet and brighten peoples day with my products, leaving a positive impact on the fellow human being, which then creates a chain reaction of spreading positivity :party:

And for the entrepreneurs that hire, they are the ones helping the economy by creating jobs! Not those greasy & slimy snake eyed politicians :devil:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
He is an ugly, old, successful author.
An ugly, old, successful author who built a billion-dollar company and a net worth of over $200M :p

Not a little thing, but for me it's all about having the freedom to create your own vision, and not being restricted by company politics from being able to make it a reality. I like that you can create a place and group of people where the best ideas win.

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica

If I wanted to be an ugly, old, successful author I would read his books and follow his teachings.

However, I do not.
Don't forget that you will be ugly and old one day, or you will be dead.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
By far, sleeping in as long as a want and directing my own schedule, my own timelines, my own deadlines.

It also doesn't hurt that I can live anywhere with an internet connection.

If I wanted to be an ugly, old, successful author I would read his books and follow his teachings.

That's an ignorant perspective of the man and his teachings ... of course if you admit u didn't read his books, much less studied them, that would make you also admitting ignorance ... not an accusation, but a fact.

That said, before reading his material and on a cursory "by the cover" examination, I would have agreed with the assessment that his material wasn't worth examining. I'm as big as a "control freak" there is.

Surrender isn't about "giving in" and letting life work you over the coals. It's more about being consciously aware of what life is throwing at you and being open-minded where that might take you, instead of outright resisting it.

Incidentally, M. Singer owned several companies and is a top 1% entrepreneur, his companies have been worth BILLIONS and had thousands of employees -- they all were productocracies. His Surrender book, while spiritually focused, is an entrepreneurial treasure trove of productocracies that started from a one-man show.

Summersalt

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 21, 2014
WY

In cash. I like cash.

Nice insight @BizyDad..
Now I know exactly what to do.
I hope one day I get to start handing out envelopes of 100s just like you. On the day this happens, I bet I'm gonna remember to come here and share it so that it can inspire someone else to do the same. The world needs more loving and caring.

Summersalt

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 21, 2014
WY
I do this too.

There's a lot of fremium tools, games or other software out there. If I get more than 10 minutes of utility out of it, I'll find a way to pay something to recognize and reward the creators. I'll donate to Wikipedia, I'll buy the beginner bonus pack in a game, etc.
This is amazing... showing appreciation!

Dora Wi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 19, 2020
Hungary
What do you think of Michael Singer's view, about letting go instead of control? By that he sort of means letting life guide you, instead of trying to force things one way or another.

From: The Surrender Experiment: How One Yogi Found "Life's Perfection"

About this, I think you have to find a balance between taking control and letting go. Wanting to control every aspect of your life and always going with the flow are both extremes that don't sound healthy to me. The philosopher Epictetus comes to my mind - the sweet spot is when you recognise the things you can't control and let those go.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma

In cash. I like cash.

I had a choice to be a solopreneur (i.e. running everything myself, wearing all the hats, having my hands on everything) or being an entrepreneur (building systems and hiring people to work those systems) just like many of us.

I chose to be an entrepreneur not only to build a business that can run without me, but to create jobs for people. To me, that is one of the most rewarding things about building a business and what I personally believe is a duty of anyone who starts a business.

You possess this unbelievable ability as an entrepreneur to create income streams for other people and few things are as rewarding as that.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
create jobs for people. To me, that is one of the most rewarding things about building a business
I completely agree.

It's one thing for me to help a client improve their rankings or get more phone calls. But when I hear a client hire a new person, or a new crew, that just lights up my day. That's when I feel like I've made a real difference.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
What are some of those little things that you love about being on your entrepreneur journey?
Well, almost everything. Having the ability to work how you want.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
I've donated to a number of local initiatives that hand-out Christmas boxes to poor families. On one of their websites it had a story from last year where a young boy was thrilled that he got a bottle of deodorant. A bottle of deodorant.

You can make a difference on your journey. Not just when you've made it.

Shifting your mindset by learning from other entrepreneurs is what I love most. The paradigm shifts.

So thanks to all the people like @BizyDad and @biophase - you're making a difference in many ways.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I just bought my team of 18 models industry branded thongs and beanies for a xmas gift. Next year will be cash and better gifts but now will just have to suffer with the pics in the gifts they will send back to start the year.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
What I like about the journey: the increasing amount of freedom - both time and intellectual.

Next year I will launch a venture/project just for the sheer fun of doing it. There is still the requirement to add value... but that's about it. 90% will be done just to do it. That degree of freedom is amazing.

Money-wise, this year I have been especially generous with people around me.
And every Christmas, I buy gifts for kids in need. This year has been a special one as well.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Well, almost everything. Having the ability to work how you want.
You're rocking it. I don't know how I missed your progress thread all this time, but I just saw it yesterday. I hope you aren't serious about leaving the forum. At least check in. I enjoy your posts.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Absolutely love years when we give employees bonuses.

2020 wasn’t one where that was possible, but there have been many and I can’t wait to be there for them.

D

Deleted78083

Rockfeller said "nothing is as satisfying as self-reliance". There is a lot of that.

But what matters most to me is freedom and control. I don't mind working 14 hours a day for my customers, but loath working even 1 minute for a corporation, because I am neither free nor control what I am doing.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Rockfeller said "nothing is as satisfying as self-reliance". There is a lot of that.

But what matters most to me is freedom and control. I don't mind working 14 hours a day for my customers, but loath working even 1 minute for a corporation, because I am neither free nor control what I am doing.

Is your business not incorporated?

LLC, C Corp, S Corp?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.